Africa

Resources are still visible without prerequisite techs in 1.1 (though you are probably aware of that ;) ).

A more serious bug: Whenever I try to build a spearman or chariot (no UU, I am playing as Carthage) I get a CTD. I can provide a savegame if that helps.

An idea: In your Africa map, why don't you let the civs have historical starting positions (as it currently is, they always start in the same place anyway).

yes i am aware of that, and there is a fix in 1.2 that should come out soon

for the bug, that is probably something messed up with the carthage custom unit art, im probably missing something for the charthage chariot or spearman art

Also something i plan on doing for 1.2

thanks for the feedback, expect and update within a week for sure

One more thing that sadly just cut my game short: Even though I chose Marathon speed (and disabled the Time victory), I still got the 100-turns-left message at turn 500. This could be a problem with the scenario (Africa map) - I remember the same thing happening with the huge Mars map in the "Mars Now!"-Mod (though not with any other map in that mod).

Too bad, I was really enjoying that game so far. :)

One more thing that sadly just cut my game short: Even though I chose Marathon speed (and disabled the Time victory), I still got the 100-turns-left message at turn 500. This could be a problem with the scenario (Africa map) - I remember the same thing happening with the huge Mars map in the "Mars Now!"-Mod (though not with any other map in that mod).

Too bad, I was really enjoying that game so far. :)
Could you post that game here possibly? i could maybe fix that for you

Updated to version 1.3!
Whats new:
Spoiler :
3 New Wonders: Great Zimbabwe, Mosque of Kairouan and Abu Simbel
2 New civs: Dahomey and Ghana Civs
1 New Project: Cure for Polio
Fixed problem with Carthage
Fixed problem with resources
Added Improved graphics Mod
Removed All religions except Christianity and Islam

Also what do you guys think about removing all animated LH and replacing with static? I can decrease the mods size by around 75% and add many many more civs, and have 4 LH per civ

Could you post that game here possibly? i could maybe fix that for you

Thanks, that isn't necessary - I'd rather play the next version once/if the map is fixed there. I'm eager to try it now that there are only 2 religions to compete with each other, but I really wouldn't want to play any other map than the Africa map.

Alright tell me how that works, I didnt have time to update Africa map though:blush:, if it still does not work I can fix it for you
Dacubz145 said:
Also what do you guys think about removing all animated LH and replacing with static? I can decrease the mods size by around 75% and add many many more civs, and have 4 LH per civ
what do you think about his idea?

also I had an idea to remove projects, and replace them with cures. since none of the projects are really african, and there can just be cures for different diseases that people can make, i think it more accurately has to do with africa

Any chance of reuploading this mod, or seeing its components added to existing mods?

Reactions: clw
Top Bottom