AG10 - OCC Conquest (Emperor)

It's funny when the AI looks set's itself up so it looks like it's going to attack you but then attacks someone else (well maybe funny's not the word).

I've got it. I see that I get to be crowned the first King of Germany. Depending on our Military status, I may help the Mayans and Rome with France. We need to free up their iron.

Hmmmm....France and Germany fighting over an "indurstrial" territory. :hmm:

Look around and see that we will have to do something about the Mayans soon. With 300+ in the bank, I decide to revolt now. I can always rush the temple afterwards and the added MP will help. Six turns of anarchy.

230BC-1 Move workers to extend road to our future Iron deposit.

210BC-2 nothing

190BC-3 not much

170BC-4 Curragh's start long journey home. The Western route is shorter.

150BC-5 Road connected to the French. I want to join the battle against them so I will not trade fore their furs or spices. Start clearing last forest square.

130BC-6 We now join the rest of the world as a Monarchy. Cathedral in 6 making +46GPT.

IBT The French complete the Great Lighthouse.

110BC-7 Attempt to road to Mayan town of Tulum.

90BC-8 Asked to leave Mayan territory.

70BC-9 Move 2 spears and 4 archer to French border.

50BC-10 France is now in the MA.

IBT The Mayans complete the Hanging Gardens.

30BC-11 Caesar will pay more than Smoke-Jaguar for the alliance vs. France but I will hold off. I'll let the next leader start the war.

IBT This is interesting, S-J wants Monotheism. He cannot have it. He will fight for it.

10BC-12 Military forces leave French border for Mayan. Cathedral completed and 0% tax generates +56GPT. 20spt is an archer/spear/catapult per turn. Starting with a few more spears.

10AD-13 Spear frees up warrior to head west.

IBT after checking to see that Sapa-Inca wanted Currency, Construction and 70g to fight the Mayans, he joins up with them against us.

30AD-14 Spear frees up warrior to head west.

50AD-15 Spear frees up warrior to head west.
Attack Tulum:
vet archer defeats reg spear losing 1hp but promoting to elite
vet archer loses to reg spear down to 1hp
vet archer defeats reg spear losing 3hp but promoting to elite.
vet warrior defeats 1hp spear to capture a worker and destroys the town netting a second slave.
Fourth archer and 2 spears fortify in the forest with 2 reg swords and a spear next to us.

Not the war I expected but the war we have. I did not give in to the demands because I was watching the price of Monotheism. S-J was up to 50GPT and 300g. His ToA will make our journey to take his iron harder. We will need to destroy Uaxactun before going for Tikal(iron). Our "army" should march on to Tikal and pillage the iron and send new archers to Uaxactun.

I have 3 spears on MP duty in Berlin now. Feel free to change the build to archer or catapult.

Max science is at -18GPT for Theology in 24, Engineering in 22 or Feudalism in 20.

Knights Templar will take 15 turns to build from scratch. Feudalism-->Chivalry at max is an option with 799g in the bank.

The Game

Whoa! I am up in three SGs now. Ok got it. This is going to be one long (and entertaining night)! :)

6thGenTexan said:
IBT after checking to see that Sapa-Inca wanted Currency, Construction and 70g to fight the Mayans, he joins up with them against us.

Are we at war with three civs now? :eek:

Only 2. The Mayans next door and the Inca who are on the other side of the Mayans. I decided to wait on attacking the French because they were getting the best of the Mayans. On a side note, I did not see a Jag Thrower from the Mayans. They may have had their GA attacking the Inca already.

No idea how to win the game, but I think we probably really should start conquest after railroads to reach and eliminate the AI fast. Before that, wonder building! Get all scientific wonders and do self-research, and get a lot of money by selling techs in the industrial ages, then build a large army. We should let AIs fight before that.

I want to let the team know I will be out of town (and without a computer) Wednesday through Sunday. If my turn(s) come up during that time, just skip me. I'll still be here today and tomorrow, though.

Pre turn: Two regular swords impale themselves against our spears. We learn Republic.

Turn 1: Berlin Spear -> Library. I know I know. But I want to get these culture buildings as soon as possible. That way one option remains open. I abandon both the curraghs.

IBT: Maya and France sign a peace Treaty. A sword kills our spear.

Turn 2: Elite archer takes out a reg Mayar sword but it redlined.

IBT: We get another culture expansion. Library -> Archer.

Turn 3: We brace for Mayan attack from all sides.

IBT: No attacks all move towards the capital.

Turn 4: Two archers take out to Jav throwers.

IBT: We learn Feaudalism.

Turn 5: Now I have 10 Mayan units on our territory. I kill two Mayan jav throwers with tow archers. Then I sign a peace deal with them. I have to give them two of our workers and 50G. for this. Well, at least it reduces our unit cost by 4 gpt. We sell Monotheism to them for 750 g and 38 gpt. Have to make some money while we can.

Immediately revolt. We draw a 4 turn anachry.

IBT: Twelve Inca units move into our border.

Turn 6: Hmmn.. lets see. Sign a deal with Maya for MA against Inca. Let them fight a bit. Have to give them 500 G for it.

IBT: Maya and Inca slog it out. Inca gets wiped out. Now since Inca had a MPP with America maya and America is also at war with each other.

Turn 7: zzz

Turn 8: Ut seems Rine abd France is also at war. Way to go!

Turn 9: We are a Republic. Making +97 gpt and giving 10% lux. Start on a colloseum.

IBT: Rome and France sign peace.

Turn 10: America and Maya sign MA against Inca.

Turn 11: zzz

Turn 12 : zzz

Turn 13: zzz

Turn 14: zzz.

Turn 15: Finish collesum. France declares on the Inca. So there is a dogpile on Inca. Everyone is polite with us.

We can sign a deal with Maya for horses and iron for Incense. That would allow us to make quite a few horseman and MDI that can be later upgraded. I leave it to the next player. We have 2202 G in treasury and making +93 gpt now.

This game looks tough; I do not know how we can win this one. Maya is huge and so in France, our two nearest neighbours. I guess we have to get them to fight each other for us to have a chance.

I would start Sun Tzu. We will not get that but we will probably get Theology soon and switch the build. We will definitely get Sistine then.

Even if we miss it - no biggie - what else should we use the shields for? A couple of knights. That would not make much of a difference.

I am not completely sure which order we are playing in (Aggie you may want to make them a bit more consistant :lol: ), but go ahead Microbe. I am in feast mode at the moment and would probably take my full 48.

PS: My suggestion is to keep it how we are playing now:
Aggie
6thGenTexan
Betazed
Microbe
Greebley
Homeyg

Preturn:
Our pals the americans don't have Montheism. They do have iron.
Or as Betazed pointed out we can trade our Incense for both horses and Iron. I decide on the latter because I like Betazed idea of building upradable horses.

I trade Incense for iron, horses (they would throw in 2 gold but that makes it a non-per turn trade which is less good if the route breaks).

I MM the city to max food with 15 or more shields and switch to building a horse.

IBT: Zzz

330 AD: Upgrade all units. If we are keeping them they might as well be upgraded.

IBT: Horse->Horse

340 AD: Defend the incense and workers. The workers are connecting up another road with the Mayans to defend losing connection.

IBT: We get Engineering from the great library

350 AD: Zzz

IBT: The Americans demand Incense. I refuse and we are at war.
Horse->Trebuchet

360 AD: I ally the Romans vs the Americans so those two can fight it out.
I also switch to Trebuchets. That way we can bombard units before attacking.
As our city is both size 12 now and has excess shields for a Trebuchet every 2 turns, I maximize for gold (95 gpt)

IBT:

370 AD:

IBT: Trebuchet->Trebuchet

380 AD:

IBT:

390 AD:

IBT: Trebuchet->Trebuchet

400 AD: France has a spices to trade. I go for ROP and spices for incense. This allows us to lower our lux to 0 (warning: this includes War Happiness from America so be care you don't riot when the war ends or it goes away.
Our town is pulling in 111 commerse which is 71 after Maint and unit costs.

IBT: An american ship. I think we are ready for it.

410 AD: Zzz

IBT: Galley moves close enough to bombard.

420 AD: We redline the galley but have no galley to sink it with. I start one.

IBT: The galley starts to head home. That was underwhelming.

430 AD:

IBT: Inca and Mayan sign peace.
Galley->Horse

440 AD: I am going to guess that we are getting War Happiness from the Inca, so I keep the war going for now
Buy a worker from Rome and france.

IBT:

450 AD:

Notes:
I am stopping at 450 because I prefer the when the years end with xx50 or xx00 (and later xx25 and xx75). I don't have to calculate what turn I am on.

We are at war with two civs and can make peace with Incans. I didn't so we can run 0% lux.

We have:
6 Archer
2 horsemen
5 Pikemen
1 Galley
3 MDI (2 are regular)
3 Trebuchets

I haven't played an OCC before so I haven't a clue if we are doing ok or not.

Top Bottom