AG10 - OCC Conquest (Emperor)

preturn: As planned I'll just keep building.

Switch a tile from coast to plains we can make 20spt, but right now we are building horseman anyway.

(1)460AD: Since we have RoP with France, I send several horses to explore its territory.
(2)470AD: ZZZ
(3)480AD: Maya and France exchange Invention and Theology! I disband 3 archers.
(4)490AD: We get Invention and Theology. Not sure if we want to do this but I start min research on Printing Press.
(5)500AD:
(6)510AD: IBT Rome demands Theology, I tell him to go away. He backs off. Maya demands 100g. I cave. We are buying iron and horses from him.
(7)520AD:
(8)530AD: I sign RoP with Maya by 118g, and send horses to explore. He turns annoyed.
(9)540AD:
(10)550AD:

Isn't it a good idea to start a prebuild on the Knights Templar ASAP?

And we have 2770 gold? :eek: Well done :thumbsup: It's needed for future upgrades.

ROSTER (15 turns in peace time, 10 turns when at war):
Aggie-------- on deck
6thgentexan
betazed
Greebley
homeyg------ up
Microbe

Yeah. We can build those in 30 turns with 20spt.

We are paying close to 40gpt for unit. Maybe it's time for a wonder which we may not need. For denial purpose if nothing else. :)

In any case, I'd love to have those scientific wonders first.

One problem with that. The AI has been building Sun Tzu for a while now. This means it is likely that we could lose the race to a Cascade. The problem is that if the cascade doesn't break, then we have a good chance of losing the race. If the cascade does break and all 3 are built, we have no prebuild.

While it is possible that the cascade would not include all 4 buildings, I don't think it is worth betting on as Feudalism has been out for a while.

The best chance I think it research Chivalry ourselves at 100% so we can switch but the AI's cannot. There is still a decent chance we would not get it, but it would definitely improve the odds.

The other method would be to spend some money and investigate cities. The problem with that is that we are at war with 2 nations. One city building a wonder is Washington. We can probably assume that one will beat us. Not sure on the Incans.

Greebley, I don't think the cascade will end. Invention is just out and AI will all switch to it if Sun Tzu's is built. I think AI will not switch to KT at that moment since Leo came out earlier (it's my observation).

So if we start prebuild, we'll get KT, assuming Chivalry is out within 30 turns.

I understand Greebley. This is a big risk. We could check the cities to see what the progress is. I agree with Chivalry at max (9 turns). I've seen it work many times before. It would be a real waste if we wouldn't get the Knight's Templar. We talked about it long ago.

@microbe: that won't work. Three three wonders are all equally expensive and they could all dissapear in a cascade, ending our prebuild. We always have the courthouse (5 turns prebuild).

Ya, I feel it is worthwhile if we go for Chivalry at full even though it is a risk.

We don't need the shields that badly even if we do lose them as we can only build more low end units at the moment. The other advantage to Chivalry at full is we can start building knights sooner which means we don't have the 120 gold upgrade cost.

[Edit: It might also be worth taking a look at the towns building wonders. I did this a little, and for example, the town of Veii may take to the end of the game to build anything. I think it had a single mine] If there are less than 4 "real" builds then we have it in the bag. The problem is though that even if there are 4 or more towns that are good, we don't know when the AI will get chivalry and switch.

I don't think we should research Chivalry. Someone must be doing it and I bet it will come out pretty soon. Maybe in 5 turns but definitely less than 10.

Then what's the risk if I'm wrong? Lose some shields. But I'd rather we lose shields than gold.

Just my opinion.

Guys, I'm back in town. Does that mean I play my turns now?

Top Bottom