1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Age of Colonisation

Discussion in 'Civ3 - Completed Modpacks' started by imperator1961, Aug 28, 2007.

1. imperator1961

imperator1961 Last of the Mohicans

2. imperator1961

OK. I'm trying to upload the Mod folder on 3DDOWNLOADS.

3. johnnyjal

johnnyjal Chieftain

I don't know how accurate and balanced "The Great Race" is but it was fun to play so I hope I can check this out.

If the focus is North America, then I will like to make
    the Six Nations a seperate civ. They were quite formidable
    during this time right up to the American Revolution.

4. imperator1961

Great idea. I will change the name of the Civ Eastern Forest Indians in Six Nations' Indians. Is this correctly in english language?

5. imperator1961

I see some people have visit my thread. There are volunteers to test the mod and help me to finish it? Please.

6. RedwallFortress

RedwallFortress Necromancer Emperor

Will Persia be in the Mod?

7. RedwallFortress

Also so I would like to bring to your notice this thread.
    Birdmanz is also trying to make a Scenario about this period. Maybe you can join forces, help each other out. What do you think?

8. imperator1961

I think this is a great idea. For the Persians, yes, they are in the game as Safavid Empire.

9. EX-terminator

EX-terminator Chieftain

i will help you =D
    i know so much about the mayas and the Portuguese Colonization in Brazil, so, i think this will help a lot in the MOD ^^
    if you have MSN, add me
    so, if any other want to add me, here goes my MSN:
    mat1992@hotmail.com
    only say that you are from civ, or i will delet you xD
    so, i am downloading the scenario now, so i will include some graphics changes, so, add me in the MSN, so i can send you ^^
    bye!
    hugs!

10. imperator1961

Thanks EX-terminator for your help. You are wellcome. I dont'have MSN. When yuo have dowloaded the Mod say me what do you think.

11. EX-terminator

EX-terminator Chieftain

well, i think that MSN is a good idea to we send messages and archives the more fast as we can. If you could make one, please, make it, it's very usefull
    --------
    i have downloaded the MOD (2 hours of download xD) and i have some ideas to it. One of it is to add more civs to it, and i have see an error on the .biq:
    is in the territory of Barbary Coast, next to the city of Algiers, that is an sea there in the location that is the continent =P
    out of it, i think that Spain have to begin the game with Bahamas, this will make the exploration more single than all, and the germans could not cross the sea, and have a unique resource, that it can trade, that are could be "Germans Mercenaries", so, it can make the civ to build:
    Units: Uhlan, Landskernetch...
    Improviments: Mercenarie Guild...
    this will make the Holy Roman Empire more realistic to the reality
    so, another change that can be made, it's about Himalaya, that you can put the Tibetans like an dominating civ in the location
    well, i think that you could make the MSN to we talk more about the MOD, thanks for the atention, and, i have new graphics of irrigation, from MEM, and new roads graphics made by a friend

bye

12. EX-terminator

EX-terminator Chieftain

i'm making another .biq, that have the mesoamerican cities in real location, i have looked for it, and i have found they in the wrong, so, i'm making another changes, in one hour i will post the new .biq for us

i still thinking that you have to make an MSN, so, our project can stay in secret /gg

13. RedwallFortress

Could you post a list of the Civs, that way people can think about what civs are missing and should be added.
    I will DL this mod, as soon as I have the :) :) time. I am already working on some ;) other projects.

14. EX-terminator

EX-terminator Chieftain

15. imperator1961

The Civs involved in the MOD are:

European
    France, Holy Roman Empire, Portugal, England, Spain, Hungary, Italian City States, Poland-Lithuania, Rus, Sweden, Denmark, Netherland.

Oriental
    Mughal Empire, Siam, China

Muslims
    Ottoman Empire, Safavid Empire, Barbary Coast, Golden Horde.

African
    Kongo, Zimbabwe, Mali and Ethiopia

Mesoamerica
    Maya, Aztecs, Inca and Tupi

North America
    Plains Indians, Inter-mountain Indians, Six Nations.

16. imperator1961

17. imperator1961

Very interesting. I have created a new resource called Mercenaries that is present only in some european nations like France, Spain, Portugal, Netherland, Holy Roman Empire. This nations historically used this kind if soldiers. Whit this resource is possible to create two type of mercenaries: LanksKnecht and Swiss Mercenaries. The resource appear in game when the civilsation advance called "Mercenaries" is discovered. All other nations also have the civilisation advance called "Mercenaries" but they can create other type of mercenaries. For example the English have the Scots and the Swedish have the Norse Axeman. The mercenaries have a high cost but not population costs.
    Your props is to create a unique resource only for Germans for trade it. As for Swiss Mercenary? I have think this to avoid all the nations can raise LandsKnecht or Swiss Mercenary, but have all the possibility to rise some kind of mercenary troops with no population costs.

18. imperator1961

Can you send me the new graphics?

19. EX-terminator

EX-terminator Chieftain

ok, i will zip then and place then in another link on the Rapidshare.

and, about the Germans, the Ladskernetch, the Uhlan, and another units:
    well, i have the idea that the Germans can have a unique resourse, that will allow then to create another type of mercenaries, so, they can trade this resouce. I mind that they can have 4 in execess to trade, so, they will have 5 of it, one for they, and 4 to trade.
    so, another idea is to take off the population cost, this makes train units very difficulty, like an new city, that have 1 of population and cannot make defense because do not have population. This will make the game very dificulty because the creation of armies will be so hard that all the civs will have a lot of irrigations to do it, and some civs that do not have much territory, like Netherlands, will be so easy to conquer, that the first thing that i will make with my game in France is to conquer it and expand my quantity of ports.
    Back to the question os the Mercenaries in Holy Roman Empire, a price for have this resource, will cannot go to the exploration of Americas, this will make the player (if Holy Roman Empire will be playable) mind 2 times before chosing it as civ
    so, i have looked better to the MOD, and the Rus, do not have any civ to break theyr expasion, so, much civs live in there in that time, like the Yakutsk, that can be an weak-not-playable civ, that will make the Rus go more low in theyr conquest. I have looked in the units, and that is very unseful of they, so, we can made only one work for all the culture group:
    one for Inca, Maya, Aztec
    one for Tupi
    one for all Europe
    one for Near East
    one for Africa
    one for Far East
    I'm minding about the names, so, maybe tomorrow i will bring then all, but i have to make some research to found they all

20. imperator1961

Great idea the mercenaris resource only for Holy Roman Empire. For me it's OK.
    As for the Rus, yes they dont' have any civ to break ther expansion, but in game I have notice thst the Cinese often declare war on the russians early. The Yakutsk is a good idea, we can eliminate perhaps the Tupi and substitute they with a number of barbarian camps. I think they dont'have an interesting evolution.
    last, i dont'understand what do you say (my poor english) about "one work for all the culture group" . Thanks and bye.