1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

AI+ v13.1

AI Improvements for Civ VI

1. Mynex

Mynex Warlord

However, this does not work!

It will show you a radius greater than 3 in the hexes when clicking on a city or settler, it will use culture to get the hexes beyond 3 if all the others are taken... But you can't buy any thexes beyond the range of 3 nor can you assign workers to them.

Another thread was talking about this and this seems to be the same thing as in CivV, the ability to go greater than 3 is locked in a .dll.

*sigh* So close Firaxis, so close.

2. aimlessgun

aimlessgun King

Can anyone guess which mod would cause the AI to severely neglect workers/tile improvements? Example:http://imgur.com/a/G1n5h

I count 10 unimproved resources, not to mention all the other totally unimproved land. And these are not new cities, they have tiles out to the 3rd ring. This must be one of the prime causes for the AI having garbage cities.

Edit: Opps was supposed to put this in the CombinedAI thread, but hey might as well ask here :p

Last edited: Nov 5, 2016
  3. Siesta Guru

Siesta Guru Prince

@aimlessgun

Honestly I think it's mostly the base game worker AI combined with a higher settling rate. These are still relatively new cities (three tiles on russia doesn't have to be that old), so they probably haven't had the production yet to build their own workers, and I've not observed the AI building workers yet to build improvements in other cities. I don't think Delnars changes anything about workers, and the only worker related change I have is a comparative boost to worker production.
    To be sure, I'll boost the internal preference rate for workers somewhat more in v2 of my mod.

On your wonder issue on deity, that's my fault. Their wonder preference while at peace is somewhat similar to the normal game (a little lower), but their preference while at war is significantly lower. They're probably at war and aren't building any. Not entirely sure what to do about this though, I could boost the value a little again, but that'd mean they might revert to spamming wonders while under attack.

4. Littlebob86

Littlebob86 Prince

I seen someone else post they had a problem about enemies not claiming builders and settlers, I just had a game that I was testing and just spamming enter, and I had a second settler just chillin by his lonesome, and a barbarian scout ran next to him, around him, and then left!

Also while I was spamming, one of the scouts went back and a raiding party headed over! (Oh no!!) and 3 bar units surrounded half of my city (There was nothing, just one city that was settled, no units or improvements around), and they stood there for 4 turns and then just headed back for their camp..

5. Siesta Guru

Siesta Guru Prince

Yeah these are both very annoying vanilla problems. I've been doing a lot of work on the 'standing around' issue, and v2 should include major improvements on that. The problem is basically that the AI gets stuck in some part of its operation. If they are doing the 'surround city and then not attack' thing, they are most likely trying to 'move to the city'. It seems to us they are already there, but the AI has a rather strict limit, in that it needs all of its units to be within 2 tiles of the goal. If their army is too big, or there's mountains around, they may never manage to get everything in range, never progress to the next step, and thus never attack.

the not capturing thing is still a bit of a mystery, it seems to happen mostly with exploration units, like scouts. Probably because they're on the 'homeland' AI rather than the tactical AI

Littlebob86 likes this.
  6. Littlebob86

Littlebob86 Prince

No problems ! I thought I'd post it anyway !

7. Siesta Guru

Siesta Guru Prince

Thank you! It's much appreciated. Any feedback on AI behavior is very welcome, especially when it comes to real-game observations. Testing changes is a huge pain for mods like these, and I end up doing most of my testing in battle-royales, which isn't a perfect comparison to a real game.

Littlebob86 likes this.
  8. Siesta Guru

Siesta Guru Prince

Siesta Guru updated AI+ with a new update entry:

AI+ v2

Read the rest of this update entry...

Littlebob86 and civbaloo like this.
  9. civbaloo

civbaloo Chieftain

Perfect timing - I was just to start a new game. Thanks Siesta Guru!

10. Siesta Guru

Siesta Guru Prince

You're welcome! I hope you'll enjoy your game. If you see anything peculiar, please let me know

11. hermes11

hermes11 Chieftain

Awesome, I was planning to start a new game tonight. I played through a full game w/ Delnar Ersike's v7 on King. I noticed the map was pretty full of AI settlements, which was good compared to vanilla. But once you get to the mid-game stage, I felt the AI couldn't compete. I had hardly any military, and no one challenged me. Ended up winning a cultural victory.

12. Laurana Kanan

Laurana Kanan Don’t underestimate who I am.

@Siesta Guru I know someone already tried to combined yours and Delnar's mods, but I was wondering if you know whether as stand-alone mods your version 2 will conflict with Delnar's AI Cleanup V.7? Additionally, does your version 2 address the issue I brought up concerning the AI rarely settling next to fresh water?

*Edit - Nevermind. Wrote this in a hurry and didn't check the changelog for Version 2. :blush: I see both my questions were already answered. :thumbsup: for adding some of Delnar's changes!

Last edited: Nov 8, 2016
  13. civbaloo

civbaloo Chieftain

Short intermediate update: Either this is a classical case of confirmation bias... or this Mod rocks:

1) Started with Gilgamesch in a custom-size Map (halfway between Duel and Tiny), and three other Civs. Soon encountering Brazil and kept settling close to them. They got annoyed, declared war and 1 round later my city closest to them was surrounded by Warriors and Slingmen both using good tactics. I was just lucky enough that I had 3 bowmen around, and it was a very close tie to not losing my city. Afterwards I took his city. Smart behaviour, aggressive but not totally stupid.

2) A couple of rounds later, new message: "Unknown player eliminated". Looks like AI to AI war also works.

Promising. I am playing with v2, and other than my custom map size only with cosmetic Mods (Unit report, QUI).

Keep up the great work!

14. Kabba QuzAi

Kabba QuzAi Chieftain

Indeed, on my last game, I was able to easily defeat and conquer all of Rome's cities (King difficulty).
    And since it could build more and better units than me I was surprised to find out why I managed to reach and siege his capital....

He was actually building a Wonder ¬¬
    that was very disappointing. I just had to wait a few more turns to have it finished then I caught a capital with a newly finished Wonder.... Pathetic of their part!

So, nice mod! :D
    I'll be following this thread!

Littlebob86 likes this.
  15. Animist7

Animist7 Chieftain

Awesome! I won't be able to get back to playing Civ for a day or two but I'll provide some feedback when I can. Glad to hear some of the experiences above on v2.

Thanks, Siesta Guru! :)

16. tdavis

tdavis Chieftain

Can confirm: played on Emperor, died on turn 36 to a bunch of warriors who expertly took both my cities within a couple turns of the (very obvious) march into my territory. I liked it better when they would just wander around until my slingers killed them :help:

Littlebob86 likes this.
  17. jadel

jadel Warlord

Great!

This sounds excellent. I just wish I could add it to my current game, its the best map layout location I ever got I cant give it up.

looking forward to next game though :)

18. Riolaing

Riolaing Chieftain

AIs did very well in war. They made a lot of military units and declared war on me. However, AIs are not founding new cities. They're just playing with only one city.
    Could you check it out?

19. Triarier

Triarier Chieftain

Emperor, Continents, Huge.
    AI is not settling anything turn 75. 2 known AIs caputered a city-state, but no one has a second city settled.

20. V. Soma

V. Soma long time civ fan

Is there any thought or plan for Siesta and Delnar to cooperate and work together on this AI+ mod...?