Resource icon

AI+ v13.1

jeez you did 300+ turns since this patch came out yesterday? I'm only at 70 or something ( I do think allot and far ahead before pushing end turn)

Hey, Ive tested this Mod on 3 different games 2 of them on Deity and 1 on Immortal. The AI seems to like to attack when there is a good chance of it doing some damage however even if I succeed to defend the attack the AI doesn't peace out at all even if it's losing the war or lost a city. I don't know if this is intended but even though the AI won't be hurting so much from those really bad peace deals that they give to the player they will still hurt from constantly losing units and so on. Sure it hurts the player to be at war at all times and that's also a part of why I think the mod is slightly broken. I think the intention of having the AI create peace deals is also to keep balance with war weariness because the AI has buff towards Weariness and I think the AI exploits that and that's why it won't peace out. Maybe take a look into Peace Deals I think that would really make your Mod incredible. Make it so that the AI makes peace deals according to their position on the war, if they are winning then by all means an aggresive peace deal when they demand luxuries and cities seems fair. However if it's the opposite make it so that the AI tries to make a peace deal that won't completely cripple them. That being said the Trade System right now is also broken therefore Im not sure if your mod can fix this.
In any case the mod seems pretty good in other affairs, the AI seems to spend some time producing things they actually need but Im not entirely sure... I saw a decrease on them grabbing Great People just because but maybe that's just me.

jeez you did 300+ turns since this patch came out yesterday? I'm only at 70 or something ( I do think allot and far ahead before pushing end turn)

marathon mode whit modded research times to increase by era and lower build times, I just made it into medieval era when I stopped the game

I am also seeing the AI not settling, Im 217 truns in, Classical Era. I have nearly outline mapped 2 other continents met a few civs and only boundries I see are around thier Capitals.

I've had similar issues as everyone else. The AI was only capturing cites and not settling on their own. I was also DOWd by two civs that I had a declared friendship with, which is not supposed to be possible right? However I defended my cities really well and the AI offered me a peace deal pretty early in the fight when they saw they weren't gonna win which I thought was pretty smart.

Could the two of you share what map settings you're playing on?
Since it seems to be mostly the two of you and others are reporting no problems, it may have to do with those settings. I've only really tested on pangea/continents/inland lake on standard settings myself.
So far in my own testing I've only seen this complete halt in settling if the AI doesn't recognize any spot as worth settling. If you're playing with low resources, or on maps with tons of sea, that may be what's causing this issue.

Continents. Emperor. Standard speed. Gandhi. Nothing else changed.
Map Seed: -1183568206
Game Seed: -1183568207

I attached a picture where Kongo is be seen. They definately have enough military power to guard the settler ;)
I cannot convert them, because I cannot go near their centre :/

Attachments

• ai.png
    ai.png
    3.7 MB · Views: 223
Version 1 includes:
- Big changes to settle behaviour. You'll find the AI will settle more appropriate cities in more competitive amounts.
sorry,but i've been using the mod for mor than a week,and i find the ai settles in terrible places, and spamming cities anywhere ther are 6 free tiles..man, there was a mod for civ5 that addresed this issue very good,in that it told the ai to settle each city at least 8 or 10 tiles apart,that caused for less cities,and actually each city counted.

[edit] Actually never mind, I was still using Combined AI... in fact the mod is indeed broken; the AIs only settle one city.

Last edited:
Same bug for me....Standard-Deity-Standard. All AIs only have 1 city (capital) + 0/1 conquered city state....while I already have 4 cities...

Version 1 includes:
- Big changes to settle behaviour. You'll find the AI will settle more appropriate cities in more competitive amounts.
sorry,but i've been using the mod for mor than a week,and i find the ai settles in terrible places, and spamming cities anywhere ther are 6 free tiles..man, there was a mod for civ5 that addresed this issue very good,in that it told the ai to settle each city at least 8 or 10 tiles apart,that caused for less cities,and actually each city counted.

You can set CITY_MIN_RANGE to whatever you want via sql. Nothing to do with AI behavior, just a general restriction. Although, be prepared to also make adjustments to item properties that rely on distance or adjacency. Optimal city placement is substantially different between civ5 and civ6. Likewise, the relative value of certain tiles changes as the game progresses, unlike civ5. For example, a tile with a cow pasture might eventually become much better suited to host a district or a mine. And an otherwise crappy spot with a cluster of hills nearby can become quite effective later in the game.

I also think we need to define what makes a spot terrible. In civ6, it's likely a place with no hope of fresh water access that doesn't grab a luxury or serve some strategic purpose.

Same problem here : I'm playing on earth map (ynamp) and AI dont settle more than one city.
Used mods
- AI+ ofc :D
- quick UI (although disappeared from mod selection list, strange)
- ynamp
- unit report
- smoother difficulty
Tried on 4 different starting eras on 6 different games, always in deity, used "reveal all" for the last 4 games to track it faster and only ai+ makes this behavior happen (tried disabling mod 1 by 1, etc.)

Anyone know a workaround (editing mod/vanilla files or whatever, I noticed there is a change in max settlers unit in this mod) ? Cause honestly AI without mod sux at combat (ie run around/always retreat even though they could win, while you shoot them, losing a fight or many would be better than this in the end since they have so many units on deity late game) so I look forward to using this mod but 1 city/AI is a total break ;)

I would love to say "great job" on everything else (especially combat) but I can't really tell right now :D

EDIT : I feel dumb, i downloaded it yesterday but the issue is now listed in the 1st post which I didnt reread today until I thought I would try v1 at least... and great minds met :p

Last edited:
So sorry about that folks! The settling issue should be fixed now. A quick last minute fix to something else made the quite innocent looking change of increasing the priority on settling load again, and that stopped everything in its tracks.

Thanks Siesta, perfect timing (in France we are in weekend tonight, so big game incoming) !

Just tried a quick start new game. Seems to be working fine with the fix. Now I'd better start work instead of getting distracted (again).

Looks like a great, much-needed mod. I'm going to test it tomorrow.

Do u know if it will work with the Rocketboots mod (+1 movement for all units)?

Top Bottom