1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

AI+ v13.1

AI Improvements for Civ VI

1. Siesta Guru

Siesta Guru Prince

Siesta Guru updated AI+ with a new update entry:

Compatibility patch with Rise&Fall + more

Read the rest of this update entry...

Last edited: Feb 17, 2018
  2. Siesta Guru

Siesta Guru Prince

This update is also released on steam

If anyone ended up using the beta, the actual release is still quite a bit different

RohirrimElf likes this.
  3. Animist7

Animist7 Chieftain

Oooooh, thanks for the update! I finished a game last night and I was planning on putting Civ VI aside for a little while but I guess I'll jump back in! I think there's been some AI improvement in R+F so it'll be cool to see how this enhances it.

RohirrimElf likes this.
  4. Abd121

Abd121 Chieftain

any Idea how the mod would act with a lowered warmonger penalty? I halved mine because IMO the penalty made it that you can either war or play the game, but not both.

5. RohirrimElf

RohirrimElf Emperor

Just started an epic speed game on emperor difficulty. Had to restart just after end ancient era. Had a bit of a rough spot besides capital. China had 6 cities while i had just settled my third city. China declared a surprice war on me. As far as i could see china had at least 13-14 units. composite ranged units, 3-4 melee units (at least 2 spearmen) and at least 2 catapults. I had 3 archers and 1 spearmen. Was not enough to hold my city even do it had a good choke point. which was also bad on loyalty as china had expended south and was surrounded by chinese cities. next game i might lower the difficulty again. The starting bonusses for the AI even on emperor are very big.

I must say the ai played intelligently but to early to tell. I was just massively outproduced.

6. Abd121

Abd121 Chieftain

yeah, I too just got swarmed at turn 8 by the US and killed because they could, as the AI gets smarter, the free bonuses it gets start getting and more absurdly more impacting. if it gets a little more cleaver it'll probably start needing to be nerfed so it's not smart and cheating!

RohirrimElf likes this.
  7. V. Soma

V. Soma long time civ fan

I started a test of AI+ v12.0
    with Firaxis TSL Europe map,
    smoother mod emperor difficulty
    standard speed

I put 10 AI civs on the map (with the help of YnAMP mod enabled, you can have the 10 AI civs)
    I play Grmany and plan to roleplay...
    (attack Rome in Classical age to get money, then see what I can get from Poland or France in Medieval...

Classical age has just started (turn 70),
    and Spain now attacked France, Russia attacked Poland

military strenghts:
    Poland 297
    France 259
    Spain 253
    Russia 217
    I have 120, which means 3 warriors, 2 archers and a scout...

techs: I have 10, best AIs have 8-9

cities size:
    France: 5, 3, 2
    Poland: 4, 4, 1
    I see Rome's second city is 6

I have 3, 3, 2, 1

8. RohirrimElf

RohirrimElf Emperor

Another game. Emperor epic speed. At turn 75 Lautaro had 14 units. France 13 (could have been more but i did not see them in the fog of war). Both armies camped inside and outside my territory.
    It was a giant light/dark blue blob and i was placed in between them. Korea and Scotland at the south and southeast did not wander around at that time.
    I had 3 archers and 1 warrior present. Could not even manouvre them inside my own territory as there was no space left. In case of an surprice war i would have lost against both armies.
    Had just fast settled my third city. France and Lautaru both had 4 cities (1 more then me).

If you ask me. If some team of modders would create an overhaul mod. There should be less bonusses for the AI at the beginning and more gradually during each era.

9. RohirrimElf

RohirrimElf Emperor

Smoother difficulty is a whole other experience. But it could be what is best for me right now.

The bonusses the AI gets with AI+ and vanilla are to much at the moment.

10. Hisu

Hisu Chieftain

Just a quick question: does this mode add more reason to AI's actions? As in, to decide if it actually CAN win before declaring or joining the war. For example, if you have little standing army, but ample treasure, more than enough to produce an overwhelming force before it can even get to your cities — will it reconsider attacking? Will it amass military along your borders before declaring a war to essentially go for a blitzkrieg? Will it grovel before you if there's a risk of elimination?

11. Abd121

Abd121 Chieftain

potential bug.

on Immortal, I lead an emergency against Cree and after I won, they started acting like dicks. they are asking for all money and luxuries (4 luxuries, 150 GPT and 2K gold) even though I am kicking them around super hard. pretty sure normal AI would've begged for peace by now, but instead they acting super Quebec about it!

edit: seems like the harder I beat them the LESS they start wanting peace. which is realistic. but strategically questionable...

12. V. Soma

v12.0 test with TSL Europe - part 2:

I correct myself: it was turn 61 we entered Classical age...

We now entered Medieval in turn 113:

In the classical age I (Germany) joined with France and my suze Geneva attacked Rome: at the Alpine passage it was stalemate, but in the Slovenian Roman province I captured Puteoli - only I couldn't hold it, Rome loyalty is very strong there - but I got wine and olive in the peace treaty...

so, turn 113:

cities:
    me: 5 cities - 8, 6, 5, 4, 2
    Poland: 7 cities - 2 of them are Greek! sizes I know of: 6, 6, 2
    France: 7 cities - 2 of them Scottish! sizes I know of: 7, 5, 3, 2
    Rome: 4 cities - sizes I know of: 11
    Greece (Pericles): 3 cities
    Russia: 3 cities (only...)
    Spain: 5 cities
    Norway: 4 cities

military:
    me: 347 (swords, crossbows)
    Poland: 850
    France: 287 (only, but she has knights)
    Rome: 821
    Greece: 586
    Russia: 152 (I guess a Scythia war going bad here...?)
    Spain: 538
    Norway: 587

tech:
    me: 17 (I have one library with Pingala)
    best AIs: 15-16

As I have suze Geneva at France's border, soon I will attack Paris...

RohirrimElf likes this.
  13. Abd121

Abd121 Chieftain

1 more thing I noticed, 150 turns in most AI civs were broke AF... could be because they were told to ignore money districts for something else?

Last edited: Feb 18, 2018
  14. V. Soma

test v12.0 - part 3
    Firaxis TSL Europe map, smoother emperor level, standard speed
    Edit:
    Oh, I have to add: I play this with the Combat and Stacking Overhaul mod (CSO mod)

Wow, it was an action packed Medieval Era for my German Empire!

I was in GA (which gave me 3 city flips…)

First I conquered continental France, Catherine had no chance, as her forces were tied to fight in the south vs. Rome and my Geneva… conquest was easy in the north, so I had Paris and 2 more cities. Then in the south I also managed to get Lyon, but then Rome began attacking Geneva, so I had to declare on him…

Meanwhile I made cultural alliance with Poland, the eastern strong power civ.

I got an emergency against me (reason: I conquered Paris), but only poor Catherine took part in it...

I thought I would slowly force back Rome and capture a city from him so to secure Geneva by borders, but then… Scotland DoW-ed me with surpise war! Reason was perhaps that a city on the British Isles flipped to me…

Bruce quickly seized the British city and went for Paris with units sent through the canal! I had really hard time to keep it, I had to buy navy to not let him send reinforcemenets after the first wave…

OK, and then the even bigger shock: Spain also took surprise DoW on me! And this is serious, with conquistadors, knights… and Spain captured Lyon!

See a pic below at he start of the Renaissance, turn 173, AD 1120…

t-173.jpg

miltary:

me: 656 (have no muskets yet…)
    Poland: 1685 (wow!)
    Rome: 1510
    Norway: 1189
    Spain: 1090 (and with superior force)
    Georgia: 580
    Greece: 536
    Scotland: 479
    Russia: 143

number of cities:

me: 11
    Poland: 12
    Georgia: 9
    Rome: 7
    Norway: 6
    Greece: 5
    Spain: 5-6
    Scotland: 4
    Russia: 1

France: none

techs:
    me: 27
    top AIs 23-24

culture:
    me: 80
    Rome and Poland: 40-50

RohirrimElf likes this.
  15. V. Soma

in my game, at start of Renaissance, turn 173, almost all civs have 20-50/turn and 200-500 gold

16. angbor47

angbor47 Chieftain

Can't create a game if both AI+ and Smoother Difficulty are activated. Are they incompatible now?

17. Matte979

Matte979 Jedi Master

Report Medieval Era.

Immportal - Large Map.- Quick feedback - Turn 129

AI New Cities - AI has been settling at a good pace (No complaints here) I have 7 cities, most have about 6-7 and largest 11 (Norway) A few smaller new cities have been flipping due to loyalty.
    AI City Development - About the same as Vanilla, maybe a little better more focus on production at a first glance, still some unimproved plots but I think its ok as its early and I rather have the AI focus on having enough units.
    AI Wonders - Not as crazy building like vanilla but very competitive, you can get wonders if you focus on them.
    AI Religion Game - About the same, a general feeling is less of a focus of the AI which is good
    AI Units1 - Brilliant, there is a huge difference, I now see large navies and large group of units, Vanilla was very poor in this respect specially Rise and Fall, I lost two cities even when relatively prepared and really had to focus to fight off the AI but thanks to an emergency when he took my cities and some help from another AI I got them back.
    AI Units2 - Seems ok less range units moving when they should shot, less siege units from some AI but they compensate with range units. Less support units at a first glance, in my vanilla I saw a lot of rams for Zulu for example.
    AI Units3 - AI builds units during war more so no easy empty map after war has depleted units.
    AI City States - Great no more catapults, they are handling themselves pretty good, the only issue might be the large amount of AI unit makes it still hard for them to survive, but the emergencies triggered when they are captured adds to the fun of the game.
    AI War - The aggressive AI are taking advantage of their units and attacking.

Some numbers:

Sumeria Leading Tech (108 per turn) Next has 52
    Rome Leading Culture (43 per turn)
    Norway Leading Domination 1487 :) Huge Navy and a sizable number of land units (Mix of Melee and Ranged) as well (England second 1151) don't know what units but most likely navy.
    Rome Leading Religion 49.6 per turn

Emergency Just declared against ROME, they took Granada (I am joined by Norway and Mapuche) Both of them have sizable armies, so going to watch how they behave.

Great work, I did send a feedback to Firaxis after my first game on emperor that the AI did not build enough units, but looks like with some tweaks that at least can easily be fixed, this mod is Mandatory in my humble opinion to get some kind of real competive war game.

Will try to give some constructive feedback after more observations.

Thibaulthc likes this.
  18. angbor47

angbor47 Chieftain

19. Abd121

Abd121 Chieftain

Smoother Difficulty hasn't been updated for R&F, that might be the problem

20. V. Soma

well, I have them both running... v12.0 AI+ and Smoother difficulty 2017/7/8