1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

AI+ v13.1

AI Improvements for Civ VI

1. ggalindo001

ggalindo001 Warlord

I've run 3 different autoplays with AI+ v12. Some broad observations.

1. The militaristic civilizations are building a lot of units, and have a lot of units late in the game. When I finally start an "interactive game", it will be interesting to see how it holds up.
    2. Upgrades are hit and miss. One game, the units have been mostly updated -- in another, in the information age, some civs were still running around with pikemen and muskets (and helicopters). I need to do a better job of tracking each of the autoplays as I am mixing and matching some other mods.
    3. Playing with TCS City States start with Walls -- has helped keep CS viable until late in the game
    4. All Civs are settling cities as a good clip, and on other continents/islands. This is promising.

I'm concerned a bit about gold and if the AI is bankrupting itself buy not building as many gold buildings, trade, etc. Those are things that are hard to see on AI Autoplay, so my interactive game should be able to point to this.

Will be starting my interactive game soon But so far, in the autoplays, AI+ looks to really help ENHANCE the already improving R&F AI.

2. ggalindo001

ggalindo001 Warlord

I will try this combination as well. This should help in the late game with civs that just fall horribly behind with science.

3. V. Soma

V. Soma long time civ fan

part 4

Renaissance age was about building… entered Industrial Era in 1610 (turn 233) with another GA

I still have cultural alliance with Poland, and plan to get a scientific with Scotland in the future…

Maybe I will conquer Norway and Spain in Modern Era - I will see. But Industrial Era will be about building wonders - and eventually I plan for a cultural victory…

in turn 233:

techs:

me: 40
    Scotland: 33
    Georgia, Poland: 31

culture:

me: 215
    Poland: 136
    others are very low, Pericles also only 80

military:

me: 994 (I have infantry, cavalry)
    Poland: 2378
    Spain: 2024
    Rome: 1826
    most AI hav ca. 1500 or more, Scotland have only 840

4. Abd121

Abd121 Chieftain

agree with most of this, I'm at 250 now and most civs picked back up. but they are still slow to upgrade their units (Mongolia couldn't even get their SU before mid game and got crushed for it.) I really like the more aggressive Civs are now, they will invade and never stop if they don't have to. way more fun!

note: I'm using 7 ages of war so ranged units are weaker for me. still having inferior units meant they weren't able to do too much damage even with a ton of units

5. Incursus

Incursus Chieftain

Started a game on Prince with AI+ - all DLCs and R&F activated, latest version of the mod off Steam. Standard size, standard speed, 9 civs and 11 city-states on a Fractal. Everything seemed to go remarkably well for the AI until Korea started hoarding settlers within their borders, not moving an inch. This has been going on for at least 10 turns now. This, uh.. Probably shouldn't be happening? :lol:

Attached Files:

6. Abd121

Abd121 Chieftain

maybe it's a bug when not having a place settle will not trigger them to stop trying to?

7. Incursus

Incursus Chieftain

They did have places to settle though, places with fresh water that weren't too close to any other civs yet. Surely a less than perfect location is better than no city at all? They had a couple of warriors that way too, so I'm pretty sure they could see those spots as well.

8. Abd121

Abd121 Chieftain

any mods that would conflict with the AI?

9. Incursus

Incursus Chieftain

Nope, I do have the Got Lakes map script subscribed to but that shouldn't change anything - plus the map I was on was just plain ol' vanilla Fractal without any changes.

10. Matte979

Matte979 Jedi Master

New Report From the renaissance.

Quick Observations.

The AI takes longer to build walls and encampment eventually they build them, I suspect its due to a growth issue. What I observe of my larger neighbor's only Rome seem to have aqueducts.
    I think this hamper the size of secondary AI cities and delays walls and other districts. I think Granary should be much higher priority for AI and so should aqueducts, if the cities does not have enough housing its seem to stop the other districts from being built. I see to many older cities stuck between 3-5 in size.

I wish it was possible to give the AI a food boost and a amenity and housing boost on higher level it would really help their growth and with the larger armies we now have it would be really fun.

Addition took one more look maybe its the city center buildings in general that's to low priority compared to other things? I see few monuments as well.

Last edited: Feb 18, 2018
  11. Matte979

Matte979 Jedi Master

It could be the indiviualization / or could be fixed by :)

As I saw other civs and minors building them , maybe be its just config for Rome / Vikings / Manchpu?

12. angbor47

angbor47 Chieftain

Saw the same in my game with Georgia, they settled two cities but the other settlers stayed within the borders.

13. Question

Question King

I am trying to use v12.0. So far, I have noticed the following :

-AI keeps moving unguarded builders near my military when we are at war

-AI keeps moving ranged units such as egypt chariot archers next to melee enemy units

-AI has absolutely no idea what to do if a target city is surrounded by neutral units, they will bombard the city but just stand around because they cant get to the city to melee it.

-Barbarians will conduct sucidal attacks very often, if there is a damaged barbarian warrior for example, they wont hesistate to attack over a river into a fortified swordsman unit.

14. V. Soma

part 5

Modern Age comes at turn 277 (1812)
    I am in Golden Age, almost every AI in Dark Age
    I have military alliance with Scotland (and cultural with Poland)
    I will attack Norway, just for role-playing…

techs:

me: 52 (216/t)
    Scotland: 37 (122/t)
    Poland: 37 (118/t)
    Georgia: 36 (107/t)
    Philip: 36 (100/t)
    others are behind…

culture:
    me: 330/t (tourism: 602/t)
    Poland: 144/t
    others are very low, ca. 50

military:
    me: 1642 (tank, infantry, u-boat, biplane)
    Spain: 3861 (infantry, conq.)
    Poland: 3029 (infantry, cavalry)
    Norway: 2339 (muskets, caravels)
    others are 1000-1500

15. Matte979

Matte979 Jedi Master

My final observation, I think some adjustment need to be done on preferences. Right now the Unit count might be a little to high generally to early to the detriment of base development. Going back to vanilla, maybe with some tweaks on unit production.

16. V. Soma

Part 6

Entered Atomic Age with another Golden Age in 1900 (t 321)
    I spent the Modern era with wars and capturing Scandinavia and the Iberian penninsula.
    Atomic era will be dedicated to tourism, only Poland and Greece left to win over…
    As of cultural victory, I stand at 171/272 now.

I switched alliance with Poland to Military, have cultural with Scotland and scientific with Russia.

techs:
    me: 59 (434/t)
    Scotland: 43 (156/t)
    Poland: 40 (185/t)
    others have 35-40 techs, being in Modern or Atomic Era

culture:
    me: 495/t (tourism 968/t)
    Poland: 255 (192)
    Greece: 212 (84)
    others are behind

military:
    me: 2108
    Poland: 3985
    Greece: 1998
    Georgia: 1708
    others are small nations

17. V. Soma

Part 7

I won in 1931 with tourism score over 400, I mean Poland had over 400 that I had to beat with a 2270 tourism per turn (or what)

Poland really upped her culture per turn (more than 570/t)

18. Question

Question King

Is anyone sitll working on this?

19. V. Soma

yes, v12.0 is for R&F and things are under testing

20. V. Soma

I started another test of AI+ v12.0

with Firaxis TSL Europe map,
    Combat and Stacking Overhaul mod
    smoother mod immortal difficulty (so one step up)
    standard speed
    I put 10 AI civs on the map (same as before)
    I am Germany (same as before)

Ancient Age

I got surpise war from France, she came with warriors and archers in ca. turn /edited/ 50 and captured my 2nd city (of 3).
    This city flipped to be free and will come back to me - but I still have the war, I defend now…

We entered Classical Age in turn 61, me with a Normal Age I managed with meeting many civs…

at turn 63:

techs:

me: 8 (7/t)
    4 AI civs have 8 (12-18/t)

culture:
    me: 5/t
    Rome: 24/t (!)
    Poland 17/t (!)
    others are 5-6/t

military:
    me: 185 (I have my first spear, and have 4 warrior/archer combos)
    Greece: 383
    Spain: 352
    Rome: 302
    others are 200-300
    France is 116 (May I turn the tide?)

Last edited: Feb 23, 2018