All aboard the hype train!

zeta

Mod Addict
This is an official post by Sid Meier (60€ pre-order):

Spoiler :

And it's on Steam already:

Spoiler :

Does CPP team have any plans for the future? ;)

Nooooo, they :) :) :) :):) :) :) :):) :) :) :):) :) :) :)ed up!

Well that`s first impression of 3 screenshots:king:

Seems like a crossover from the console civ with pc civ dumbed down.....really hope not.
Graphics did not look "next gen":confused::cry:

Nooooo, they :) :) :) :):) :) :) :):) :) :) :):) :) :) :)ed up!

Well that`s first impression of 3 screenshots:king:

Seems like a crossover from the console civ with pc civ dumbed down.....really hope not.
Graphics did not look "next gen":confused::cry:

Too colorful and blocky :/ At least in the pictures.

Spoiler :

Either way I'm going to wait for a bit to buy it, because CBO is too good to jump immediately into Civ 6.

I know from Firaxis' past public statements that AI isn't a big deal to them, and in that sense CBO might be the most advanced Civ experience ever made. It'd be interesting if this team got their hands on Civ 6 though (please don't murder me Gazebo)

Either way I'm going to wait for a bit to buy it, because CBO is too good to jump immediately into Civ 6.

I know from Firaxis' past public statements that AI isn't a big deal to them, and in that sense CBO might be the most advanced Civ experience ever made. It'd be interesting if this team got their hands on Civ 6 though (please don't murder me Gazebo)

I'm going to definitely wait until the first official DLC. Usually Firaxis' games aren't good before DLCs. Although I'm a bit scared that they will abandon CIV VI as quickly as BE.

...but still, all aboard the hype train (especially since Battlefield 1 and Civilization VI release at the same week)!

It looks like they've taken some ideas from Endless Legends, with expanding cities and 'board game' graphics.

"Cunning enemies" - we'll see if they can hold a candle to CBP's AI. :popcorn:

The CPP will be 'finished' by then, so it doesn't affect this project one way or another. The art direction is a bit more cartoony than I liked, though I think bringing the saturation down a lot will help some.

Looks like workers are gone (at least, that's my assumption based on the 'city district' concept), but man I really do like that all buildings you construct will actually appear on the map. That is one of the biggest disappointments (for me) with Civ 5's design: most of your city is just filler houses.

Anyways, looks like some of the other design choices, such as the 'military corp' concept, will benefit the AI quite a bit. That's been my hope all along - gameplay should conform to the limitations of the AI.

G

It looks like they're stealing the Siege Tower concept from you guys Gazebo xD

COMBINED ARMS: Expanding on the “one unit per tile” design, support units can now be embedded with other units, like anti-tank support with infantry, or a warrior with settlers. Similar units can also be combined to form powerful “Corps” units

I'm not sure how they could eliminate workers, but that would be an interesting change. Worker sniping is cheesy, and if they can make labor part of the city management system that might be a huge boost to the AI.

It looks like they're stealing the Siege Tower concept from you guys Gazebo xD

I'm not sure how they could eliminate workers, but that would be an interesting change. Worker sniping is cheesy, and if they can make labor part of the city management system that might be a huge boost to the AI.

The districts system. Mining District, Farming District, etc. Roads probably buildable via gold (a la Civ:Rev).

Re: 'stealing,' eh, not like it was that original of a concept.

G

Cities can still control up to 36 hexes but the number of improvements that they’ll need to work the land has been reduced, with districts moving in to fill the gaps.

https://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2016/05/11/civilization-vi-details/

Edit : also this
A city's surrounding countryside will still be a maximum of 36 hexes, but they will now host buildings and improvements, beyond farms, mines, camps, etc. Beach calls these "districts."

http://www.polygon.com/features/2016/5/11/11653620/civilization-6-release-date-preview

I guess farm/mines/etc will still be improvements and they will coexist with districts.

Since some buildings are going to be appear in districts rather than in the city tile (like the lighthouses in what look like coastal districts on the screenshots), I'm suspecting districts are going to be limited to one of each type per city (just like buildings are currently limited to one of each type). But that's just me speculating.

These are just screens that do not show real quality.

My thoughts exactly, after the terrible design of that guy -Schafer was it?- it is nice to see a clearheaded approach. Getting rid of workers, sprawling cities, and interactive research are also well thought of. A nice addition would be something like the invention mechanic of Victoria 2, where each tech research unlocks various inventions that give small bonuses to resources,combat etc., chance of invention is semi-random, and can be influenced with some modifiers. Oh though information is scarce, even that brief remark on diplomacy is exciting.

Anyways, looks like some of the other design choices, such as the 'military corp' concept, will benefit the AI quite a bit. That's been my hope all along - gameplay should conform to the limitations of the AI.

Firaxis explained that these cartoonish graphics help users with low-end PCs. Civ V had some crashing problems and long waiting times, so they try to create a game that is less unstable by these more simple graphics.

Was the Gazobo-DLC already announced? I heard that this DLC will be avaliable for pre-orders. Making everything better: Better AI, Balance Changes, Happiness overhaul, the Gazebo-Wonder and a lot more. Converting CIV VI to Vox Populi :D

I guarantee you that CBP will have 5x time the features then bare civ6!

Was the Gazobo-DLC already announced? I heard that this DLC will be avaliable for pre-orders. Making everything better: Better AI, Balance Changes, Happiness overhaul, the Gazebo-Wonder and a lot more. Converting CIV VI to Vox Populi :D

TBH I really don't know why Firaxis doesn't offer a job to Gazebo and Ilteroi...

I don't have anything against "cartoonish " graphics, I take this as people making loud noise over spoiled milk, when there can be dozen potential bigger problems.

Besides game looks nice, nothing fancy but nice and my sister is probably going to celebrate, if what Firaxis says is true and people with low-end pc can run it (not just her but majority of Civ fan base, )

TBH I really don't know why Firaxis doesn't offer a job to Gazebo and Ilteroi...

Because who would make such huge mods for Civ VI? Will Mr. Gazebo do Civ VI modding at all? That is the question.

Firaxis explained that these cartoonish graphics help users with low-end PCs. Civ V had some crashing problems and long waiting times, so they try to create a game that is less unstable by these more simple graphics.

Link to Firaxis' reasoning behind the graphics?

Who cares about the graphics really? I don't play Civ because it is pleasing on the eyes. What sort of systems and what kind of depth the game has is far more important to me. Civ VI doesn't look that bad anyway IMO.

Top Bottom