All in one printers

onejayhawk

Afflicted with reason
Since they are getting affordable, I am considering getting one, especially since the scanner crashed. I was looking at an HP 2110, since I do not need a stand alone fax and wanted the flat scanner bed. Best price so far is $199, less a $50 Mail In Rebate.

Comments? This is for home and some home office use.

J

Hmm, I can't speak to the specific model in question, but in my experience, I have found it better to have dedicated peripherals for each function. We had an HP Officejet 500 Scanner/Fax/Printer, and had nothing but headaches. Admittedly, that was some years ago, and technology has certainly improved. And we didn't really have any major problems until we switched from a 56K modem to cable, which meant we had to have both a cable connection and a phone connection for the computer, etc.

Check out http://www.mysimon.com/

Trying to think of other price comparison places that also give reviews - they are a good place to hear the good and (mostly) bad things about products.

I had a Lexmark X73. Wonderful system. It was $149US. A year and a half ago.

Now there is the Lexmark X75. Half the size....also selling at $149US, about $179 in Canada.

Printer, Scanner, Fax, and Copier all in one. Plus the excellent Lexmark name.

HP blows the lamas ass.....I've have nothing but trouble with EVERY HP I've ever worked with.

Commercial HPs are great - every work place I have been has had them. Yes, they have problems, but with all the printing being done they faired extremely well. Now, the home printers....go with Lexmark. :) Our Lexmark Z11 ($50 printer) is a real trooper. We have had it for about 2 or 3 years now and it still works; although, it does feed 10 pages at a time somedays! :crazyeye: That could also do with the paper though.

Originally posted by CornMaster
I had a Lexmark X73. Wonderful system. It was $149US. A year and a half ago.

Now there is the Lexmark X75. Half the size....also selling at $149US, about $179 in Canada.

Printer, Scanner, Fax, and Copier all in one. Plus the excellent Lexmark name.

High five! I have an X75 too. It works very smoothly. Ah, to print and have it politely say to you, "Printing started."

Originally posted by CivCube

High five! I have an X75 too. It works very smoothly. Ah, to print and have it politely say to you, "Printing started."

I've got a POS Z11 (just an inkjet) and my wife likes "the man to talk to her". . . :lol:

I would stay away from HP. I've never had nuthin but trouble from HP. Ever. Period.

Lexmark is a good product, and when I have the chance I'll get the X75. My dad has one of the HP all in one jobs.. . I guess it works alright, but we had a hell of a time getting it configured for XPPro.

The HP printers I've seen are decent. My dad had an all-in-one which had problems running under XP when he converted. Of course, the printer did say in large letters on the box that it wasn't compatible yet with XP, so at least he was warned. After they updated the drivers (after a few months) it works fine.

My own HP all-in-one installed without a hitch and has worked fine.

I do like Lexmarks, though the catch with them is that the ink cartridges are expensive, moreso than any other brand, at least as far as I've seen.

Top Bottom