All leader portraits

At this point I'm not sure we're going to make any more progress with the leader portraits until we get a new source of information.

One thing that I was wondering about - even though I'm not yet convinced by the interpretation that the Aztecs are in addition to the 18 civs that were said to be shipping with the base game, if that were the case, could it mean that the portraits on the Civet chart are just for the 18 starting civs plus 4 pre-order bonuses? If so - perhaps the 4 dlc packs included with the deluxe edition of the game will include additional civs we haven't seen any images of yet? Perhaps Persia/the Ottomans/Korea/Mongolia/Inca are on the way and we don't even know it yet?

It do look like the swedish colors. What colors would the new civs use?

France had blue and white which I think they will keep.

It do look like the swedish colors. What colors would the new civs use?

France had blue and white which I think they will keep.
that's true but I have a hard time believing Sweden is in the base/Deluxe version, we will see.

I'm hoping there is at least some error with this, I don't want Persia being left out, and I don't really care much for Poland and Brazil.

Maybe Sweden will be added as a pre-order bonus like the Aztecs, and I hope this is not the new colors of France I liked the light blue/pale yellow combination :)

And, side note, I like Catherine de Medicis has the french leader, it was unexpexted but it could have been way worse, like Joan of Arc worse. I personally wanted Francis I because of the "Age of Exploration" theme but I'm not disappointed.

Maybe Sweden will be added as a pre-order bonus like the Aztecs, and I hope this is not the new colors of France I liked the light blue/pale yellow combination :)

And, side note, I like Catherine de Medicis has the french leader, it was unexpexted but it could have been way worse, like Joan of Arc worse. I personally wanted Francis I because of the "Age of Exploration" theme but I'm not disappointed.
a pre-order bonus would be nice, Joan of Arc was a distinct fear I'm glad it wasn't her but then they could've chosen anyone .

I don't know if this is relevant or if it has already been pointed out but I found something in one of the first look on art :

Spoiler :

It looks like Sweden's color scheme and it could mean that E1 is a swedish leader and not Phillip II of Spain

Its probably France. They were already blue&white in Civ5 which is quite similar to blue&gold.
On a similar note Egypt now has Rome's old colors, so I wouldn't rule out that France received a slight update to its color scheme. Blue&gold also make more sense than blue&white.

Its probably France. They were already blue&white in Civ5 which is quite similar to blue&gold.
On a similar note Egypt now has Rome's old colors, so I wouldn't rule out that France received a slight update to its color scheme. Blue&gold also make more sense than blue&white.

It's very likely to be France but I find it very weird that there are 2 leaders for Spain and not for other countries like America, China or India who have way more famous leaders

Nah-nah-nah. The French Colors were LIGHT BLUE, this is a lot more darker. This really is more similiar to Sweden's in Civ 5, and gfiven that all but Egypt's color are so far the same...

Spoiler :

Unless it's colors for a different civ or it's some sort of testing ground. I wouldn't go confirming anything until we get an actual game screenshots. They could be testing colors, for example, Why keep all colors the same, but have Egypt share Roman's colors (or switch their Secondary with Primary).

I wonder if light colors cause UI issues (visibility), because the yellow does seem to be the same shade as Civ 5's France's.

The blue is brighter in the France color, that color scheme is the one Sweden used in civ V. Sweden being E1 have been one of the guess.

Most civs have keep their colors, all civs use a double color combination. It is possible that they use the colors for France due to the double color system. Dark blue and white is used by America.

If it is not Sweden it is probably a new civ, I don't see why France of all civs would change their color so drastically.

Egypt use its civ 5 colors, purple and yellow. So do Aztec, America, England, Japan and China. All civs shown use their civ 5 colors, check their symbols if you are unsure.

The question is, what colors will the new civs use?

I'm pretty sure those are meant to be the French colours - they just look a bit more yellow than usual on that piece of concept art for some reason (it's not just the white - the blue section of the icon also looks slightly yellow tinted too). That shade of blue is also certainly not as dark as Sweden's colours in Civ V.

A bit more yellow:D Here is Swedens color in civ 5:

I think these colors are pretty much exactly those we see. We don't see a massive change in the terrain color. I have checked the first look art, it look alot more closer to Sweden colors then France colors.

The blue is brighter in the France color, that color scheme is the one Sweden used in civ V. Sweden being E1 have been one of the guess.

Most civs have keep their colors, all civs use a double color combination. It is possible that they use the colors for France due to the double color system. Dark blue and white is used by America.

If it is not Sweden it is probably a new civ, I don't see why France of all civs would change their color so drastically.

Egypt use its civ 5 colors, purple and yellow. So do Aztec, America, England, Japan and China. All civs shown use their civ 5 colors, check their symbols if you are unsure.

The question is, what colors will the new civs use?
Spoiler :

Actualy, Egypt I do NOT think uses their "exact". For one, their Civ 5 purple is the gorgeous purple, but the Purple in Civ 6 is more similiar to Rome (but given how the colors are rendered out it's hard to really compare based off screenshots)

But Civ also uses the "same colors" but their priorites are reversed (Yellow, is secondary, Purple is primary in Civ 6, whilst Yellow is Primary, Purple Secondary in Civ 5).

The colors are really close to Sweden and no other civs have a brand new color scheme, just inversed for Egypt. Those colors beign for the french are not impossible but I'm not really convinced.

A bit more yellow:D Here is Swedens color in civ 5:
Spoiler :

I think these colors are pretty much exactly those we see. We don't see a massive change in the terrain color. I have checked the first look art, it look alot more closer to Sweden colors then France colors.

Huh - it does look quite similar to that image to be fair. I remembered them being a deeper shade - more like this:

Spoiler :

The thing is though - if we start assuming the E1 is meant to be Sweden, it raises the possibility that B5 and C5 are also out of place.

Ukraine have similar colors to Sweden, maybe Scythia?

Civilization VI is a bit brighter looking then Civilization V which may make the colors look a bit different? The colors shown is very close to the swedish civ V colors.

The thing is though - if we start assuming the E1 is meant to be Sweden, it raises the possibility that B5 and C5 are also out of place.

A new chance for Tamar to rise !

As already theorised maybe Gilgamesh is the leader of Ur, not Sumeria, that would keep the alphabetical order we already have

Well the best first look video to get to clear this up is of the civ that use the colors shown.

It could be Ukraine, here is Ukraine's coat of arms as a reference

The word Ukraine come before the word Ur.

Ukraine have similar colors to Sweden, maybe Scythia?
That gave me an idea.
Time to put on my tinfoil hat.

Let's assume Tomyris is the leader of Scythia.
She was from the Massagatae who were based in Central Asia.
Geographically that would be the area of modern Kazachstan.
Kazachstan's flag is light blue and yellow.
Let's assume Firaxis decided to base Scythia's colors on that flag.
The light blue would clash with France's old blue.
So they gave France a darker blue while light blue became Scythia's primary color.

Top Bottom