All leader portraits

Im not sure that they would darken the blue as the yellow would still separate it from France colors.

E1 is a big joker and could be Sweden or Ukraine.

I think the colors look very close to the Ukraine coat of arms and Ukraine would be a new civ if added into the game.

That gave me an idea.
Time to put on my tinfoil hat.

Let's assume Tomyris is the leader of Scythia.
She was from the Massagatae who were based in Central Asia.
Geographically that would be the area of modern Kazachstan.
Kazachstan's flag is light blue and yellow.
Let's assume Firaxis decided to base Scythia's colors on that flag.
The light blue would clash with France's old blue.
So they gave France a darker blue while light blue became Scythia's primary color.

Yeah, that's a possibility! If Persia is C5, they might have taken the French light blue too.

Why would not persia keep it civ V colors? All 6 shown civs have keept their civ V colors which make it likely that all civs will keep their civ V colors.

If we had the video on Spain, we would know a bit more about the mysteries of D5 and E1.

Why would not persia keep it civ V colors? All 6 shown civs have keept their civ V colors which make it likely that all civs will keep their civ V colors.

I think it's assumed that Rome will be red&gold this time since Egypt is purple&gold now, with purple being the dominant colour.

Egypt was purple and yellow in Civ V as well. They have just inverted the colors. Rome could be gold and purple, basically similar to Egypt civ V colors.

Egypt was purple and gold in Civ V as well. They have just inverted the colors.

Exactly, Egypt was yellow&purple and now it's purple&yellow which is exactly the same color Rome had in Civ5. So either Rome has also been inverted and is now yellow&purple (which makes no sense for the Romans) or they've got completely new colors. If it's the latter than it would be logical for them to get red&gold.

Egypt took Rome's Purple and Yellow color scheme.

Rome is bound to be in, so they probably have Red and Gold because that was Rome's color scheme historically.

Persia was Red and Gold, so Persia is either out for now or already has a different color scheme.

America uses Blue and White. France used to have Light Blue and White, but it makes more sense to make them Blue and Yellow because 1) its easier to distinguish from America and 2) the fleur de lis is usually Yellow on a Blue background.

The Deluxe DLC promises some "leaders". These are probably D5/E1 (Isabella and Philip II of Spain) and B4/B5 (Barbarossa and *unknown German leader*).

Egypt was purple and yellow in Civ V as well. They have just inverted the colors. Rome could be gold and purple, basically similar to Egypt civ V colors.
Spoiler :

Having yellow as Rome's primary color does not work at all. :sad:

Rome color is more like gold then yellow. Red and gold would be more fitting colors I think then purple and gold although purple was the color of power in the roman society.

Rome color is more like gold then yellow. Red and gold would be more fitting colors I think then purple and gold although purple was the color of power in the roman society.

Given how much crap people gave for Barbarians having similiar colors to Ethiophia, I highly doubt that Rome will retain it's colors.

We're also discussing the potential for Sweden being in beased on the fact that we have YET to see a "fresh" set of colors in game. While France could have a new set of colors, Sweden is the more likely choice based on the fact that every Civ in Civ 6 so far (that we know off, pure speculation of course) has retained their colors one way or the other.

However, it's likely that maybe they are avoiding used lighter (which would increase the likelihood of the Settler being French, and why Egypt got new colors) shades because of Display/UI issues, but to be fair nothing on the City Banner UI would really be hurt, given that Religion icons are now color-coordinated (if anybody noticed that) unlike in Civ 5.

I also seem to have forgotten the fact that Japan's primary color is infact White.

The Deluxe DLC promises some "leaders". These are probably D5/E1 (Isabella and Philip II of Spain) and B4/B5 (Barbarossa and *unknown German leader*).

It seems more likely that they are going to make new civilizations then extra leaders to pre-existing civilizations.

It is possible that the screenshot is old and thus the leaders may have changed a bit and some surprise may still await.

It seems more likely that they are going to make new civilizations then extra leaders to pre-existing civilizations.

"Expand your empire further with the Civilization VI Digital Deluxe which includes the full base game, the 25th Anniversary Digital Soundtrack, and access to four post-launch DLC packs* that will add new maps, scenarios, civilizations and leaders for a bundled discount."

Obviously, new civilizations come with new leaders. This seems to be pretty clear that they're referring to alternate leaders for old civs.

Furthermore, they're even bothering to differentiate between leader and civ abilities in the first looks. And leaders are cheaper to make than before (because you don't have to model the background), which was one of their main reasons for not making them in V.

To be honest, due to the lack of Oxford comma, I'm inclined to say that new leaders and civilizations is the same clause.

In civilization V all unique abilities was tied to the leader or atleast listed on the leader's page on the civiliopedia.

In civ VI, yes the mention civ abilities and leader abilities but that don't necessarily mean that they are going to make several leaders for one civ, it could be to give the civ an ability that fit well with the leader.

If they create new civs they are going to create new leaders as well so they could say civilizations and leaders just to make it sound like you get more then you get.

To be honest, due to the lack of Oxford comma, I'm inclined to say that new leaders and civilizations is the same clause.

That's fair, though I would think they'd say either

"new maps, scenarios, and civilizations with leaders"

or

"new maps, scenarios, and civilizations"

because they wouldn't say

"new maps, scenarios, and civilizations and leaders"

So, I'm assuming the person who wrote it is used to speaking English and not writing with proper grammar, and that's why we are lacking a comma.

So it should read

"new maps, scenarios, civilizations, and leaders", but that person didn't know they had to put a comma before the and.

Comma or no comma, I still don't believe we will see more than one leader per civ for a long time, if ever (except in mods, perhaps). If you disagree, what's the basis for your opinion?

In civilization V all unique abilities was tied to the leader or atleast listed on the leader's page on the civiliopedia.

This is because it was built on the Civ4 engine, which tied abilities to leaders. This does not disprove my theory.

In civ VI, yes the mention civ abilities and leader abilities but that don't necessarily mean that they are going to make several leaders for one civ, it could be to give the civ an ability that fit well with the leader.

Then they would just say "due to [leader]'s reign, the civilization accomplished [X]. This is represented with the [trait] part of this civilization's unique ability, [ability]"

If they create new civs they are going to create new leaders as well so they could say civilizations and leaders just to make it sound like you get more then you get.

Just to check, I went back and looked at the descriptions for Civ5 expansion packs.

"The expansion will deliver 9 new civilizations, such as Carthage, Netherlands, the Celts, and the Maya (it is 2012, after all), along with their unique traits, units and buildings. The expansion also includes 9 new leaders including William I, Prince of Orange, Boudicca and Pacal the Great."

So you are correct that they have done this before. However, this also points out that they missed the comma after Boudicca, so their grammar is not really something to go by.

Most importantly, we have no civs that fit E1 and B5 alphabetically that we could imagine being in the game. An extra leader seems more likely. Perhaps even more likely than that, these extra leaders are just meant for scenarios or brainstorming.

We don't know the name of E2 civ and two possibilities have been given. For B5 Ghana and Granada have been mentioned as possibilities amongst others. We don't know if the screenshot show the final leaders and we don't know if Civit could be also some hidden leader and civ.

Top Bottom