All leader portraits

Is it possible the picture of peracles is wrong and B5 is greece With C1 being Holy Roman Empire, Hitites, or Hunnic I wonder. There really isn't anything that fits there between germany and greece, one of them must be wrong.

Is it possible the picture of peracles is wrong and B5 is greece With C1 being Holy Roman Empire, Hitites, or Hunnic I wonder. There really isn't anything that fits there between germany and greece, one of them must be wrong.

Very unlikely, his pic was a good match. The Huns and the Holy Roman Empire and severely unlikely and hattusa is a city state so no Hittites.

I still think that it's Beatrice of Burgundy, wife of Barbarossa as a dual leader for Germany. Or second leader of Madjinn knows something we don't...

Second leaders don't make sense unless there is one for everyone.

For my sanity I'm just going to assume it's Tamar the great and forget about it. Two days I've been trying to figure this out.

Second leaders don't make sense unless there is one for everyone.

For my sanity I'm just going to assume it's Tamar the great and forget about it. Two days I've been trying to figure this out.

I don't follow your train of thought there. Some empires that have been included in civ legitimately do not have a second candidate for second leaders. Moreover, civ IV had second leaders, not for everybody and some Civs even got a third leader before others got a second. There's no reason to think the deva would only include 2nd leaders of everyone had one, that's baseless speculation

As far as I know, we know there are only 22 civs, and we're only unaware of two of them, one of which is almost surely persia. Which would mean only one, maybe two civs have a second leader. Jwhere is the sense in that? That's nothing like civ 4 where multiple leaders was the standard.

There are not going to be any civilizations with two leaders. No, just no. Just drop it. It doesn't make sense to have 21 civilizations with one leader each and 1 civlization with 2 leaders. It makes my head hurt to even think this is a possibility. So no. Just drop it.

It's 22 civilizations with 22 leaders, we just don't know who some of them are.

Well we haven't confirmed B5, C5 or E1, so there is a legkt reason I raise it. They could all be second leaders which leaves 19 Civs. That's the base 18 + Aztec pre order bonus + 3 alternate leaders. Fits like a glove.

It's honestly more believable than the goths, or the Golden Horde, or "maybe they got the alphabetical order wrong and it's Georgia"

Theres no need to be so dismissive of it at least. Besides, I'm not actually saying alternate leaders, I'm saying dual leader screens. All 3 suggestions I've put forward that fit best with the portraits are spouses of "confirmed" leaders who historically shared a significant portion of their power. Jadwiga and her husband were even called "co-rulers"

Civ doesn't do names like Mughal or Golden Horde. It's more Indian Empire, Mongolian Empire etc...

I very much doubt that they will start calling a Turkish empire when they've had Ottoman Empire before.

That post is a weird contradiction; them not calling Ottoman Empire Turkey suggests that they DO use names like Mughal. Not always, but they have no particular set of rules; Ottomans being renamed to Turkey, for example, would make more sense than Majapahit being renamed to Indonesia, but they had it the other way around to this in Civ 5.

As for Golden-Horde; what else could they call it? Astrakhan? I earlier posted saying they would call it Mongolia, but that would actually not make sense; they may have been Mongols, but they did not rule Mongolia.

Here are my speculations on their Uniques:

Arabia (Saladin) - Well they are probably going to be a religious/commercial/trade civ, and Saladin was a renowned military leader so maybe his Leader ability will have to do something with military (maybe mounted units). As for the Unique Unit they may go again with the Camel Archer, or maybe Mamluk, while their Unique Building is probably going to be bazzar. As for their Agenda I am not entirely sure nothing really springs to mind.
Germany (Fredrick I) - Hopefully their UA this time around will be more about industry and economy rather than a Barbarian bonus. Fredrick's ability might be something about the military. Unique Unit might a Panzer or perhaps they will go for Teutonic Knight. A Unique Building might the Hanse again or some Factory replacement. Agenda, maybe they will despise civs that have a stronger economy than they do.
Greece (Pericles) - Probably a UA based around diplomacy, but with less emphasis on city states this time around. Pericles ruled during a Golden Age so maybe he will have some cultural or perhaps maritime bonuses. Unique Unit might be a hoplite again or some Galley/Quadrireme replacement. Unique Building might be some cultural building replacement. Agenda, something with city-states perhaps, you have more allies and then they hate you for that.
India (Gandhi) - UA will probably be more religion/culture oriented this time around. As for Gandhi he will build Nukes 100% faster :mischief: . Unique Unit will probably be the War Elephant (I think it has been confirmed). Unique Building, hopefully it won't be the Mughal Fort this time around, maybe some religious building replacement. Agenda: You have more nukes so I hate you.:p
Kongo (Afonso I) - Well a little harder for me to guess since I hardly know anything about Kongolese history or Afonso I. Someone else care to elaborate more?
Ottomans/Persia/Mongols ? - If it is the the Ottomans maybe they should go with Mehmed II as their ruler this time. UA will hopefully be something military and economic, maybe government related. UU will probably be a Janissary again. UB not entirely sure? If it is Persia hopefully this time around they will go for Sassanid or Safavid Persia. And I would really like their UA to be again based around Gold and Golden Ages. Agenda, maybe despise civs with weak economies, likes civs with strong ones. If it is Mongols they could go for Kublai Khan as leader this time. UA wil hopefully be something more militaristic this time probably based around mounted units, and not only for City States. UU, probably Keshik again. Agenda, maybe like you if you pay tribute to them.
Poland (Jadwiga) - Well maybe some different not so OP UA this time around. Never heard of the Leader so not gonna guess. UU must be Winged Hussar again, because they are just awesome. UB Ducal Stables again, or something else this time around. Not sure about Agenda.
Rome (Trajan) - Well a UA that is about wide strategy and quick expansion, and some bonuses to infrastructure. Not sure about Trajan don't really know much about him, someone else could elaborate more? UU will probably be a Legion again. UB maybe some aqueduct replacement, or better roads. Agenda, maybe they will like small and relatively weak Empires, but despise big, strong and expansionist ones, simply put those that are on par with them.
Russia (Peter) - A UA that is also about wide strategy, but maybe more peaceful than Rome, and again some bonus to resources. Peter probably some culture/science bonuses. UU a Cossack again, or maybe Streltsy. UB maybe some scientific building this time. Agenda, doesn't like civs next to them but is friendly to far away ones, and likes to be left alone isolated, maybe.
Scythia (Tomyris) - Heard about them and I know that they were some sort of nomadic people, so some UA based around mounted units. But other than that don't really know much else about them and their Leader.
Spain (Isabella/Philip II?) - Well a better UA, not so situational this time, something about exploration and navy perhaps. Not sure about Isabella or Philip II. UU is a Conquistador as far as I know. UB maybe some religious building or unique harbour. Agenda, maybe they want to control a certain percentage of a continent and hate civs that get in the way of that.
Sumeria (Gilgamesh) - Not really sure about the UA and Leader Ability, but maybe something with science like Babylon. UU, maybe Phalax. UB - Ziggurat? Agenda, hate civs that are technologically ahead of them?

Well we haven't confirmed B5, C5 or E1, so there is a legkt reason I raise it. They could all be second leaders which leaves 19 Civs. That's the base 18 + Aztec pre order bonus + 3 alternate leaders. Fits like a glove.

It's honestly more believable than the goths, or the Golden Horde, or "maybe they got the alphabetical order wrong and it's Georgia"

Theres no need to be so dismissive of it at least. Besides, I'm not actually saying alternate leaders, I'm saying dual leader screens. All 3 suggestions I've put forward that fit best with the portraits are spouses of "confirmed" leaders who historically shared a significant portion of their power. Jadwiga and her husband were even called "co-rulers"

My problem with the second leader theory is that I just find it to be the stupidest move on the devs part to have that system but not capitalize on it straight away. If the first four or three leaders aren't second leaders then why have this system but not even use it?

However, given that we've been constantly throwing it around, I have yet to see any proof given that nobody bothered or matched B5 and C5 to multiple leaders, whilst we pretty much matched images to pictures to all but B5, C5 and E1. (People have never fully confirmed that it is infact Phillip)

Also, people need to remember that just because a City State is in (i.e Stockholm), does not excluse from Sweden from being E1 (although alphabetical rules disregard it) because City States have been replaced in the past and will be replaced in the future, all it does is ensure that "Sweden" could be one of the DLCs.

I think somewhere in the deepest depths of firaxis headquarters, a forgotten and deeply disturbed employee hasn't looked away from this thread since it started, drumming his long pale fingers together -cackling evily having masterminded this whole nightmare.

Information Source needed.

"The Smurfs civilization is not in the game."

"The Nazi Zombies are not in the game."

"The game doesn't feature fart bombs."

This thread has been getting more and more ridicolous lately. Common sense needed, badly.

"The Smurfs civilization is not in the game."

"The Nazi Zombies are not in the game."

"The game doesn't feature fart bombs."

This thread has been getting more and more ridicolous lately. Common sense needed, badly.
Not if Gandhi the Flatulent has anything to say about it.

My problem with the second leader theory is that I just find it to be the stupidest move on the devs part to have that system but not capitalize on it straight away. If the first four or three leaders aren't second leaders then why have this system but not even use it?

However, given that we've been constantly throwing it around, I have yet to see any proof given that nobody bothered or matched B5 and C5 to multiple leaders, whilst we pretty much matched images to pictures to all but B5, C5 and E1. (People have never fully confirmed that it is infact Phillip)

Also, people need to remember that just because a City State is in (i.e Stockholm), does not excluse from Sweden from being E1 (although alphabetical rules disregard it) because City States have been replaced in the past and will be replaced in the future, all it does is ensure that "Sweden" could be one of the DLCs.

Dude, search this thread for my posts and you'll see some pics i've matched to them. There is some squinting involved, but i have given it a go. Beatrice, Jadwiga's husband (i forget his name) and Charles V. They all loosely fit the portaits, but not enough for me to be 100% confident. But then, no-one is 100% confident they are anyone at this point cos we've questioned them so much.

For my money I seriously think the mysterious woman in yellow is likely Tamar of Georgia. The Mongols aren't in unless they pick a leader other than Genghis since Genghis was revealed to be a Great Person in the base game (as well as Anna Nzinga and Simon Bolivar, sorry).

For Kongo and Afonso he will definitely have religious bonuses and perhaps science bonuses. He was an enthusiastic convert to Portugese ways and had scholars who learned Latin and Portugese as well as Kikongo. I don't like him since he was unable to control the Portugese (who took many slaves), but he is still considered the best ruler of Kongo so there you go. An interesting religious leader who could have been a more iron fisted alternative was introduced in Civ IV--Zara Yacob, medieval ruler of Ethiopia.

I would have preferred a different African ruler over Afonso but oh well. I guess Afonso does fit the flavor spot for a religion victory very readily.

Top Bottom