All leader portraits

If B5 is a German civ alternate it could be Empress Matilda. We still haven't solved why there are seemingly two Spanish leaders anyway. Some of her pics are close but haven't seen an exact match.

How are you guys overthinking it this much?! They just printed them on paper, made them big, and taped 'em to the wall. Not all developers have to make a freaking essay, or properly put together list when you're in the planning phase.

I'm going to speak blasphemy, but I would like to see David IV as ruler of Georgia. Kicking Muslim forces all the time; beating the force of 250-400K with 56K army and still being named "The Builder" - that's quite an achievement.

I'm going to speak blasphemy, but I would like to see David IV as ruler of Georgia. Kicking Muslim forces all the time; beating the force of 250-400K with 56K army and still being named "The Builder" - that's quite an achievement.

Tamar was pretty good but, David was much better. And how is that blasphemy?

Tamar was pretty good but, David was much better. And how is that blasphemy?

This thread is a sacred place of the sect of Tamar Witnesses.

Yeah, David IV would fit in much better, however, Tamar is a women and considering the fact, that devs want to fill the game with female leaders, they would pick Tamar anyways.

If we assume B5 is out of alphabetical order, that could be anything - don't need to search before India, but C1 is quite sure shot of Pericles.

Sure, but if they were going to screw up the alphabetic order, it makes slightly more sense to assume they only screwed it up because they were slightly off. Besides, you have to start somewhere. Why not between Greece and India?

How are you guys overthinking it this much?! They just printed them on paper, made them big, and taped 'em to the wall. Not all developers have to make a freaking essay, or properly put together list when you're in the planning phase.

Because we might as well try it. Why not let them try it?

We've thought of the simplest things, now we're expanding because those all hit dead ends.

Then where are the other alternatives?!

Germany/Greece and Spain. They don't have to make an alternative for every Civ at the same time. The Deluxe DLC can be interpreted to mean that they will release alternate leaders as DLC, and it also makes sense given how they've structured the game, the first look videos, and previous Civ games.

If B5 is a German civ alternate it could be Empress Matilda. We still haven't solved why there are seemingly two Spanish leaders anyway. Some of her pics are close but haven't seen an exact match.

If there was a second leader chosen for Germany that early on, it surely wouldnt be such a choice.

I myself being German never heard of her o_O
Barbarossa was a good choice indeed - if another German leader would be chosen, it probably would be chosen from a rather "modern" time, lets say around WW1 or newer, probably with a Tank UU.
But the style of the picture does not seem to indicate that - therefore I think it was probably an alternative to Barbarossa but didnt make it against the red bearded one.
The same is probably true for spain.

So I think it is 2 undecided leaders never to appear, which cuts the poster down to 20 CIVs. 18+1 in vanilla and 1 additional CIV in one of the 4 DLCs at the beginning.
Maybe it could be 2 CIVs if the civet has a symbolical meaning for the Zulu as true warmonger wildcats.

Maybe it could be 2 CIVs if the civet has a symbolical meaning for the Zulu as true warmonger wildcats.

Didn't you hear? Tamar of Georgia will be leading the Civets in Civ 6. :crazyeye:

Germany/Greece and Spain. They don't have to make an alternative for every Civ at the same time. The Deluxe DLC can be interpreted to mean that they will release alternate leaders as DLC, and it also makes sense given how they've structured the game, the first look videos, and previous Civ games.

But it should be balanced, thus every nation needs 2 leaders in Vanilla, then again the UC's are unbalanced too.

Why should any civ need 2 leaders ?

There are CIVs where they will never ever make 2 leaders of - like Scythia or Kongo.

For other civs there will very likely be second leaders, like America, England, China or Japan, probably also Egypt, Greece, India, Rome and Germany.

Why should any civ need 2 leaders ?

There are CIVs where they will never ever make 2 leaders of - like Scythia or Kongo.

For other civs there will very likely be second leaders, like America, England, China or Japan, probably also Egypt, Greece, India, Rome and Germany.

Nzinga for Kongo! And, come on, I don't want this to be like Civ IV! Holy Roman Empire with one; England, America, Russia, and France with 3; Germany with 2... At least make it like Civ II, One male leader one female *if possible*.

I understand why you wish for this, but I dont think such focus on "equality" will be made regarding such a decision.

If additional leaders will be offered as DLC, they will need leaders that are going to be bought by as many people as possible, so they need to take favourite civs and leaders which a majority is willing to pay money for.

I would pay for Nzinga of Kongo, but I dont think that I belong to the "majority" that is needed to make a DLC an efficient choice.
An American Lincoln, Egyptian Rameses, Roman Julius or Greece King Leonidas of SParta would probably sell better.

Its nothing about quality or "better" civs - just about a marketing thing I guess.

I understand why you wish for this, but I don't think such focus on "equality" will be made regarding such a decision.

If additional leaders will be offered as DLC, they will need leaders that are going to be bought by as many people as possible, so they need to take favorite civs and leaders which a majority is willing to pay money for.

I would pay for Nzinga of Kongo, but I don't think that I belong to the "majority" that is needed to make a DLC an efficient choice.
An American Lincoln, Egyptian Rameses, Roman Julius or Greece King Leonidas of Sparta would probably sell better.

Its nothing about quality or "better" civs - just about a marketing thing I guess.

They're giving us meh leaders so we fork over the money for FDR, Frederick the Great, Cyrus. Just as my friend said before...

At this point I wonder how popular the following is:

facts:
- there are 22 pictures on the leaked board
- 18 cvis will be in the base game
- 1 civ will be pre-order bonus
- 2 portraits have not been found, despite searches going on for weeks
- 1 portrait shows a "wrong" leader portrait and the country it should represent is twice on the board
- it took like 2 days to find all the portraits, besides the 2 missing ones. Searches went on for weeks with all sorts of theories and nothing substantial has been found.

my conclusion:
- the 18 vanilla civs and leaders have been identified
- the picture shows the pre-order bonus (obviously)
- the picture shows 3 DLC civs, but since the board was leaked presumably on purpose, the 3 DLC civs were 'hidden.' They are depicted in a way, that everyone who knows who it is can easily identify them (Firaxis). With Isabella of Portugal, one of these 'riddles' may have been solved leading to Portugal as a DLC. For the other two (B5 and C5): they may be placed in wrong order, show something completely obscure (as for example a prominent person with the same name, someone dressed up in a special manner, something random of that culture, some sort of placeholder etc.) If this would be true, they will also be last to be revealed.

Top Bottom