All leader portraits

Retreading ground here but: is there any possibility that B5 is Greece and C1 isn't Pericles but someone else?

I think we discussed that already 40 pages ago. :p I took some time trying to look for a greek leader for B5 and an incan for C1, but ultimatively failed when I accidently produced the fitting picture of Perikles.

Retreading ground here but: is
there any possibility that B5 is Greece and C1 isn't Pericles but someone else?

We already found the matching bust they used for C1 (Pericles), though.

That was mentioned before. Probably a common mistake but still far-stretched.
At this point, I'm thinking the only possibly matching civs for B5 are: Georgia, Goths, Ghana.
But no matter how hard I try, I cannot find that damn leader picture anywhere!

Retreading ground here but: is there any possibility that B5 is Greece and C1 isn't Pericles but someone else?

Who else would wear a helm like Pericles? I know I've seen Hannibal with one like that but that's all I can think of off the top of my head.

Who else would wear a helm like Pericles? I know I've seen Hannibal with one like that but that's all I can think of off the top of my head.

When I investigated this, I actually saw some Incans with similar helmets (yet ornamented), but I'm sure it's Perikles now.

As for C5, I'm just seeing Leif Eriksson now, posing sideways in the exact same fashion than in this picture, which would be perfect except for the fact that it looks to be a painting and not a statue on the board:

Spoiler :

Only problem is, Vikings is the civ I'd be considering and it wouldn't fit alphabetically...or possibly Norse?

I think I need some sleep. :sleep:

Food for thought: Wikipedia has Georgia after Germany in its list of Empires, make of that what you will.

If nothing else, I hope all this to-do over Tamar of Georgia at least gets us one civ from the Caucasus in a future DLC or expansion. :D

As for C5, I'm just seeing Leif Eriksson now, posing sideways in the exact same fashion than in this picture, which would be perfect except for the fact that it looks to be a painting and not a statue on the board:

Spoiler :

Only problem is, Vikings is the civ I'd be considering and it wouldn't fit alphabetically...or possibly Norse?

I think I need some sleep. :sleep:

Maybe they've done a reverse Georgia and added Greenland :goodjob:

Could B5 not be Beatrice the wife of Barbarossa? In this picture she sure looks a lot like the vague picture. Maybe she's there because they want to include her in the background of Frederick?
Would also explain the reason why it is almost impossible to find a different civ to fit between Germany and Greece.

Could B5 not be Beatrice the wife of Barbarossa? In this picture she sure looks a lot like the vague picture. Maybe she's there because they want to include her in the background of Frederick?
Would also explain the reason why it is almost impossible to find a different civ to fit between Germany and Greece.

Spoiler :

It would make sense for two Spains, but I highly doubt they'd spend budget on two "two-people" leader screens really.

Here is my take on the portraits :

Spoiler :

hope it will help solve this thing !

Yes, that is the way I saw it too. Sure looks like it could be Myanmar. :)

But, if you compare the two, it is clear that the Armenian empire is the larger by a significant margin.

If land area was the sole criterion for inclusion, Canada would be the second civ to get in after only Russia.

Sorry if I've missed but have you guys seen this? This all but confirms Barbarossa and Trajan... which means it confirms the leak a whole lot.

So... Tamar confirmed? :p

Came across this picture while browsing the web and found it weirdly similar to C5 (mostly the colors and general attitude):

Spoiler :

It's Saladin and fan-made so obviously not right but I thought I'd leave it here in case it'd help others find the right picture in the end.

I'm thinking Mehmet II rather than Saladin but that's just me.

Saladin was Kurdish. Does Kurdistan fit into the alphabetical scheme? :D

And after all Tamar of Georgia would be a new and fresh figure, a strong female leader in her very own right and an amazing historical figure with "bigger than life personality" but... why not Afonso I and Caterina de' Medici :run:

Top Bottom