All leader portraits

If we're going by that logic though shouldn't China actually be the Qin Dynasty/Empire this time? Or Tomyris as leader of the Massagetae rather than Scythia? I think Firaxis would probably stick with the more recognisable 'Greece' over 'the Hellenic League', especially as that seems to be the case with all the others civs thus far.

Again, an unbelievable stretch, grasping at straws, call it whatever. :crazyeye:
But fact of the matter is, we discovered every single image - including the incredibly weird Catherine de' Médici for France and the completely unheard of Tomyris of Scythia - in one single day. Except B5, C5 and E1 (yes, I'm not convinced about it being Philip II, but I don't really have any other suggestion).

Something tells me there's some assumption we're making that either is not true, or does no longer apply to Civilization VI.
And I'm desperate enough to try anything. :p

Again, an unbelievable stretch, grasping at straws, call it whatever. :crazyeye:
But fact of the matter is, we discovered every single image - including the incredibly weird Catherine de' Médici for France and the completely unheard of Tomyris of Scythia - in one single day. Except B5, C5 and E1 (yes, I'm not convinced about it being Philip II, but I don't really have any other suggestion).

Something tells me there's some assumption we're making that either is not true, or does no longer apply to Civilization VI.

Yeah - that's fair enough. I think we're all desperate to work out who the last few leaders are. I'm wondering whether the remaining 'portraits' could have been images photocopied from a book. If there's no online version of the original picture it'd explain why we aren't getting anything from image searches.

We did not find the exact matches for Teddy, Qin, or Cleo either. However, there are people in this thread that think we've got the matches for Cleo and Qin, but we really don't.

We did not find the exact matches for Teddy, Qin, or Cleo either. However, there are people in this thread that think we've got the matches for Cleo and Qin, but we really don't.
I feel like the people on the side are the worse looking compared to others (pericles took time to get the right image and stuff like that,poland discussed...)
I think someone should try the unblurring stuff on the whole picture at once.That could maybe clear the pictures up and show that the angle of camera or paper diforms the pictures

I personally still think this statue of Osman I is the real-life picture that is the closest match to C5, just from a slightly different PoV:

Spoiler :

(Depending on how I look at C5, I can either see a man in a turban looking right, or a man on a horse looking left)

And maybe I'm trying too hard here, but in this pic you can see that around the statue are apartment windows:

Spoiler :

If we imagine moving the camera to get the angle that matches C5, those windows could end up behind the statue - could that be the cause of the dark blobs you can see in the background of C5? (esp. top right corner)

Also, of course, the Ottomans fit the alphabet pattern, and BEST PROOF YET the Ottomans have featured in Ed Beach's board games so he's clearly a massive fan! :crazyeye:

maybe
Spoiler :

there's literally hundreds of painting of people in that armor with scepters or stick, from Isabella of portugal's husband and spain rulers, to portugal and to sweden. ;)

I just i can repeat myself as much as firaxis does about unstacking and art, I still want the leader of spain to be charles 5 with his wife isabella trading places on the screen

there's literally hundreds of painting of people in that armor with scepters or stick, from Isabella of portugal's husband and spain rulers, to portugal and to sweden. ;)

Yes indeed :)

I keep coming back to this thread, since the post count keeps increasing.

My hope is someone will find a perfect match for any of the remaining photos, or propose a new theory that makes sense, or even debunk one of the photos that we think are a perfect match.

I keep getting dissapointed. I must say, the last pages of this thread are quite depressing.

If no one found the last two until now than the people did their best, we got 20 out 22 which is amazing, no need for you to be sad!

Still, 19 out of 22 (or 14 out of 17, if you discount the five we knew already) is pretty amazing given the source material, if you ask me.

Speaking of questioning assumptions, and because I'm too lazy to read through 86 pages of posts, has anyone thought of this:

What if the leader in B5 is German or Greek? We don't know when the b-roll (or the chart itself) was made, so we don't know whether Firaxis had settled on the final leaders at the point in time the chart represents--maybe they were trying to decide between two choices for one civilization. Alternatively, one or two of the dlcs could have alternative leaders for civilizations that will first be introduced in the base game, one of whom belongs to Germany or Greece.

Speaking of questioning assumptions, and because I'm too lazy to read through 86 pages of posts, has anyone thought of this:

What if the leader in B5 is German or Greek? We don't know when the b-roll (or the chart itself) was made, so we don't know whether Firaxis had settled on the final leaders at the point in time the chart represents--maybe they were trying to decide between two choices for one civilization. Alternatively, one or two of the dlcs could have alternative leaders for civilizations that will first be introduced in the base game, one of whom belongs to Germany or Greece.
Implying it wouldn't be tamar. What world are you living in boy.:lol:

I don't really believe in the alternate leaders theory, especially not for DLCs.
You make a good point though but assuming that B5 is Greece/Germany, I still can't think of a leader that would match the picture.
A female greek ruler probably wouldn't work: I can't think of one that would be popular enough to work for the entire hellenic civilization.
A female goth queen could work but we're back to square one: I've been looking through all of them for a portrait/painting/statue that would match the picture and had no luck with that.

Of course some people see a man and not a woman in the picture which makes it even more confusing. :confused:

I don't really believe in the alternate leaders theory, especially not for DLCs.
You make a good point though but assuming that B5 is Greece/Germany, I still can't think of a leader that would match the picture.
A female greek ruler probably wouldn't work: I can't think of one that would be popular enough to work for the entire hellenic civilization.
A female goth queen could work but we're back to square one: I've been looking through all of them for a portrait/painting/statue that would match the picture and had no luck with that.

Of course some people see a man and not a woman in the picture which makes it even more confusing. :confused:
I used to see a native american with the basic caricatural headress.But for both c5 and b5 , everytime i look i see something else so.... Maybe wait see if more info leaks on the videos next week.

Well, there was Theodora in Civ5--if there are going to be multiple leaders per civ I'd argue myself there's just as much reason to include the Byzantines in a Greek civ as the Holy Roman Empire in a German civ.

I'm quite happy to wait for more info though, but it is fun to idly fiddle around with the puzzle until then.

I have quite wild guess here. The Theo and Qin clearly use in-game portraits instead of some external source. And Cleo, while recognizable, doesn't fit any portrait we were able to found.

If we assume the board is work in progress, it's possible at some point the external references are replaced with concept art (like Cleo) and later - in-game portraits, like Theo and Qin. This way it's totally possible what at least B5 is on concept art stage (the black background is quite a hint) and there's just no source image we could find.

Hello everyone, I didn't log in in a long while, but I have been lurking all these months, and I think I finally cracked the mistery of this leak. By the mistery I mean the civ selection, which doesn't feature any NA Native American, nor any SE Asian, nor the Incas and will only have at most one out of the trio Mongolia - Ottomans - Persia. All that while picking civs like Brazil or Poland which would be overall better suited for expansions.

I might be wrong, of course, but I think the key to that is the increased difference in each civ's art assets for Civ6! For those who didn't notice, Civ5 had every civ using most of the assets, so a French pikeman looked the same as a Songhai one, down to the skin colour. The only differences (besides the UUs) were the cities and the settlers. Those two elements had 5 variations, which corresponded more or less to: 1- Natives from all over America + post-colonial Latin America; 2- Europe + Anglo-Saxon America; 3- Rome, Greece and some other Mediterranean civs/CSs; 4- Middle East + Africa; 5- The whole rest of Asia. We had nations as different from each other as India, Mongolia, Samarkand, Indonesia, all having cities that looked like a Japanese city. And when the Iroquois would want to found a city, their settlers would carry their stuff in a llama. What this meant, however, was that every civ was just as easy to add. When they added the Shoshone, they only had to work on the leader and the UUs. If they wanted, they could have added the Nasca or the Tlingit or even Argentina, instead, and it would take the same amount of work.

Now, for Civ6, things are different. We've seen a much greater level of visual differentiation between civs. City models are apparently unique to each civ, and even regular fighting units have models that go along with cultural groups (China and Japan have the same model, Egypt has another). So, whenever they add a civ, they'll have different challenges according to the civ's culture. To add Poland, they would need only to take the Russian or German city models, do some small changes, and make new skins. The same for Brazil, they would take the Spanish models and tweak them. And the regular units wouldn't even need new models. Now for something like the Inca or a SE Asian civ, they would have to do a complete research on architecture, clothing, weaponry, then model the cities and units out of scratch! For a nomadic and unique culture like Mongolia, it would be even harder! I think they are saving to tackle those hurdles in future expansions, instead, while the vanilla is relatively more homogeneous, culturally. What do you guys think about that?

Top Bottom