Sith or Jedi?

• Sith

Votes: 33 37.5%
  • Jedi

Votes: 51 58.0%
  • Chuck Norris

Votes: 4 4.5%

• Total voters
TA episode 7 and 8 dragged, worst SW Disney has done yet.

At least we finally get a shot of -

Spoiler :
Darth Plagueis the wise.

Last edited:
This would've been the better reveal, which is more reflective of the inanity of the show. 😏

Spoiler :

1721391639644.png

What is the issue with it? It is no Andor and it is pretty different from other Star Wars, but I have enjoyed it.

I wanted to wait a while before posting about the finale, just in case my opinion mellowed out. It didn't. The Acolyte made some fairly egregious (and basic) storytelling errors that compromised the integrity of the narrative. The twist, then, was not really a twist, and ultimately the conclusion felt pointless.

This one in particular feels especially disappointing for me because it had some great elements. Obi-Wan was easy to forget about. Ahsoka was fine. This show insults you directly and does not manage to put together its disparate themes and concepts into a coherent, immersive package. You can see what it was capable of, and you can see exactly where it failed to achieve its potential.

The actors for Jecki and Sol were immensely wasted. Qimir, also, was not utilized effectively despite excellent screen presence. It's just unfortunate.

I think I can explain a lot of differences of opinion:
This one in particular feels especially disappointing for me because it had some great elements. Obi-Wan was easy to forget about. Ahsoka was fine.
Obi-Wan in particular felt especially disappointing for me because it told such a crucial bit of the core story pretty badly. Ahsoka I literally forgot about (though that may well say more about me than Ahsoka, it has been a weird couple of years). The Mandalorian was fine, but I watched it just after Andor and it just felt childish to me in a way most of the cartoon do and this did not. BoBF could not be mentioned, unless someone is explicitly arguing that this is worse than that.
The Sith all loved up and holding hands at the end, like Anakin and Padme...haha.
Would Scarface be better if you took out the bits with Tony Montana being sensitive? [EDIT] And what about Dedra Meero and Syril Karn all loved up and holding hands at the end?

Last edited:
Jokers, they aint got a clue -

The Acolyte star Manny Jacinto reveals that Osha and Qimir holding hands in the finale was a last-minute change – and his idea​

"I remember that specific scene, I was only meant to stand beside her," Jacinto told Entertainment Weekly. "Amandla [Stenberg] was just standing there looking out into the ocean, and I would just stand beside her. And we were just supposed to look out into this vast ocean together. And I suggested, 'Hey, would it be cool if I reach my hand over where she's holding the lightsaber, and I kind of just wrap my hand around her hand?' And fortunately, Leslye [Headland, showrunner] is very collaborative and she was like, 'Yeah, let's try it!' And then we filmed it a bunch of times and she was like, 'I really like this!' And then lo and behold, we kept it for the final cut."

He added: "I think it alludes to something more romantic, but it also alludes to something I think a lot of Star Wars fans are yearning for. In this IP, you have the ships like Reylo, and you have all those relationships that people just innately want to see – these romantic relationships that people want to see in Star Wars. So Leslye was like, 'Give the people what they want. Let's lean into this.' And hopefully we can explore more of that again in a possible season 2 and in subsequent seasons."
------------

The next Star Wars show -

:wallbash:

Last edited:
I haven't watched the Acolyte yet, and I don't really go deep into analysis on stuff like this, but once I've watched it (currently running through X-Men 97), I'd love to read a spoilerific deep dive on what errors were committed, etc. At the moment it's hard to parse out different kinds of feedback on shows like this.

Skeletor Crew details -

The presence of those skulls is interesting and we're pretty sure the cloaked figure leading the four youngsters is Jude Law's mysterious Jedi.

As for that mysterious droid, we believe he's accompanying the crew on this adventure and is likely called SM-33. His head resembles a skull and we can't help but wonder whether that's where the name of the upcoming Disney+ series comes from.

Skeleton Crew takes place around the same time as The Mandalorian and is expected to tie into that and Ahsoka. How important it will be to the wider franchise and Dave Filoni's eventual crossover event remains to be seen.

Sharing some hints about the show earlier this year, executive producer and director Jon Watts said, "It's about a group of kids that find a mysterious secret on their planet and accidentally get lost out in the galaxy, and it's the story about them trying to find their way back home."

"You don’t need to have really any prior Star Wars knowledge to enjoy it. But if you do, you can enjoy it on many levels,"
he added before confirming Skeleton Crew makes use of old-school filmmaking techniques. "We had pre-viz, MOCAP, we shot on the volume, we did everything. But the most fun part was we also used all the old school techniques as well."

"We got Phil Tippett to do stop-motion,"
Watts added. "We did matte paintings, like real old-fashioned matte paintings. We got an ILM painter out of retirement to come out and do that. So to me, all that stuff is fun, but it’s just another tool, and it depends on how you use it."

Skeleton Crew follows the journey of four kids who make a mysterious discovery on their seemingly safe home planet, then get lost in a strange and dangerous galaxy. Finding their way home—and meeting unlikely allies and enemies—will be a greater adventure than they ever imagined.

A premiere date has yet to be revealed by Lucasfilm and Disney+, though we expect it to arrive in time for the holidays.

I find that I have almost zero ability to predict which games I'll love and which ones I'll bounce off of. It's gotten to the point where I mostly won't buy games at full price. Nowadays, I try to get 4 or 5 games at 1/4 or 1/5 the price each, and then hope that I'll connect with one of them. If that happens, I can tell myself that I bought the one game I really liked, for full price, and then got a few others that I won't play very much, but they were free.

So I can honestly say that this game looks good, but I also know that it means next to nothing that it looks good to me. :lol:

None of the character motivations make any sense.

Pretty much. Only watched the first half; it felt too much like watching a fanfilm made and written by YouTubers.

If no second season is greenlit, it will follow the Willow mini series into the dreaded 'streaming series with all setup and no conclusion, so don't bother watching it' segment.

I haven't watched the Acolyte yet, and I don't really go deep into analysis on stuff like this, but once I've watched it (currently running through X-Men 97), I'd love to read a spoilerific deep dive on what errors were committed, etc. At the moment it's hard to parse out different kinds of feedback on shows like this.
Speaking of which ^^

Top Bottom