1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Amazon pre-order watch thread

Discussion in 'Civ6 - General Discussions' started by Oleary, Oct 17, 2016.

1. contrasupra

contrasupra Chieftain

2. Dark_Jedi06

Dark_Jedi06 "Deus ex Machina."

On release day at midnight I hope? Or is that too much to ask for...:shifty:

3. Big J Money

Big J Money Emperor

Their email to me said I qualified for "release-day delivery" on the 21st, which is weird because when I ordered it originally that was my expectation. I pre-ordered it the morning it was available, if that makes any difference. In case they can't fulfill all shipping obligations, I would assume they use first-come-first-serve. This is SE USA.

Edit: I'm also a Prime customer, which I bet makes a difference too.

Last edited: Oct 19, 2016
  4. Gintoki89

Gintoki89 Warlord

OK, I just sent an email to Amazon to see if I could receive the code by email as well, so I'll see what they say.

EDIT: Just got a canned response about the delivery delay. Gonna try one more time to specifically ask about getting a Steam code.

Last edited: Oct 19, 2016
  5. Cuneiform

Cuneiform Warlord

So much for pre-loading with Amazon, it's now less than 24hrs until unlock and I still haven't received the Steam code for my Digital only order. :rolleyes:

6. contrasupra

contrasupra Chieftain

FWIW, Green Man Gaming actually has it for 20% off now as well. Since my Amazon order hadn't shipped yet I just canceled it and ordered through GMG for the same price. I figure since I won't even use the physical copy it's less wasteful, and guaranteed to get here on time (I actually might already have the Steam key in my email but I would have to go into Bootcamp to redeem it and I don't feel like doing that right now).

7. valamas

valamas Prince

@contrasupra - ditto!!!
    I cancelled my Amazon Digital download key order via chat (since the cencel button was not showing). They cancelled quick. I then ordered from Green Man Gaming and got both the CIV 6 key and Aztecs key and am now happily pre-downloading!!

8. Oleary

Oleary OF Supporter

For what's it worth, I asked in an email yesterday about keys and received a response late last night that they expect keys to be sent when it ships. Overnight I received an email that it shipped so I'm hopeful we'll be getting keys today.

9. kimira

kimira Chieftain

Mine says "preparing for shipment" and that it's expected to arrive on Tuesday. I hope the info about keys by email on release day is true. I'll maybe ask customer support as well.

Edit: I just cancelled my order and ordered from greenmangaming instead. Preloading now. Oh well, I can live without that map poster.

Last edited: Oct 20, 2016
  10. Graethyenne

Graethyenne Chieftain

So...not to rain on anyone's parade, but the person I just spoke to at Amazon said "the code is in the physical item and there is no way to provide you the code, you will have to wait for delivery." I am pretty disappointed (this is the second time this week that Amazon has blown it with an order), and I may just cancel here and order from GMG. *sigh*

If anyone who ordered the 25th Anniversary edition gets codes via email from Amazon I would love to hear about it and maybe I will go back to them again. The delay is super unfortunate, because Friday and Sunday this week are the only days I have to really settle in until the 30th, so Monday delivery pushes my inaugural binge play back by 10 days or so.

11. Oleary

Oleary OF Supporter

If I don't have mine this morning, I'll call amazon and let you know what they say. The email stated directly the key would be sent but it sounds like the left hand doesn't know what the right hand is doing if they're telling you differently.

12. Graethyenne

Graethyenne Chieftain

My thanks, you may save Amazon from losing the sale ;-)

13. slowmotion7

slowmotion7 Chieftain

Being employed at Amazon and a Prime member made no difference; I will get mine on Tuesday. They say "first come first serve" however I know that's not the case as I preordered less than 8 hours after it was announced (25th anniversary). More than likely the first facility to touch the shipments got to fulfill their regional customers and then transship them out to other facilities, who got to fulfill theirs, etc., until initial supplies ran low and more inventory was received. I'm trying to get a key for my order on release date, but I may end up canceling my order if it's not resolved by afternoon est and buy it from gmg or directly from steam. That's a shame as with my prime and employee discounts the collectors edition was cheaper than standard edition. Maybe gog discount will equal out.

14. WorldWarIV

WorldWarIV Captain

On my account it now says "Being shipped today", in "Track Package" it says it will ship on Monday. I can't believe I've bought the most expensive edition but I'll play after everyone else.

Estelil likes this.
  15. Oleary

Oleary OF Supporter

Actually thought about buying it on Steam also, playing for 1.9 hours and then returning it. Problem being there's no way I can limit it to < 2 hours once I start...
    I love Firaxis' games but not quite that much.

I still have a tiny bit of hope they'll send Steam keys. Waiting on a response from another e-mail but will call them shortly to verify.

16. Cerilis

Cerilis Stormrider

Mine was shipped one hour ago and it still says it will arrive tomorrow. Hopefully in the morning. (I guess the distances ain't that far around here as in for example the states though. :p)

I also havent recieved a key yet. The waiting game commences.

17. Oleary

Oleary OF Supporter

Just got off the phone, key is inside and they will not be sending them out via e-mail. I told them they'd lose some sales over it but obviously the guy on the phone doesn't have any control. Maybe enough cancellations will wake them up...

18. Cerilis

Cerilis Stormrider

Well, I'd prefer they not open my box, if thats the only way to get the key. :p

Oleary and Estelil like this.
  19. drfish

drfish Chieftain

I chatted with Amazon about my pre-order yesterday. I was trying to figure out if it would ship before Friday, on Friday, or sometime after. I understand that normally, physical pre-orders from Amazon ship early to arrive on the release date but I haven't pre-ordered from Amazon before because of Steam. I'm only making an exception because it's Civ.

The [hopeless] rep said that it's scheduled to arrive on Friday BUT that their system doesn't actually show it as in-stock yet. So that's not super helpful.

My Amazon order status is unchanged as of this morning. I decided to change my order to 1-day shipping just in case it shipped today. When I did that, my order changed from not having a delivery estimate to "Arriving Monday" - then I switched it back to 2-day shipping and it said "Arriving Tuesday" instead of going back to an unknown date. Now I'm trying to decide what to do, there's no way I'm not playing Civ6 tomorrow, but I don't want to cancel my order either.

20. WorldWarIV

WorldWarIV Captain

I'm in the same boat. I'd like to have a physical copy but I want to play tomorrow. I don't even care that much about the art book or the coins, it really is just to have a physical copy.