Amazon pre-order watch thread

I decided to just cancel. It's not worth the wait.

Edit: Amazon won't let me cancel. Now I truly hate them.

According to the CS Rep I spoke with, you can refuse to accept the package and it will be returned to Amazon and you should receive a full refund, with no S&H charges. Take that with a grain of salt though as this whole thing seems like a mess and who knows whether anyone over there has a clue.

My collector's edition was finally shipped out of Baltimore this evening with UPS...arriving tomorrow by 8pm per Amazon. I swear, if they try and pass it off to the USPS for finally delivery and it's late, I'm going to freak! Still bummed they didn't email out the Steam keys as I really wanted to play at midnight...ah well I figured it was stretch anyway. Work tomorrow is going to be sooooo slow.

When was yours shipped? I still see nothing, called but person was totally unhelpful.
Literally like 30 minutes ago, it's been labeled as "Preparing to Ship" all day. I'm also an Amazon Prime member so it's the free 2-day shipping option.

Mine is in transit to USPS and I have a USPS tracking number. I don't know if the tracking is accurate in real time, if so, I don't think mine will arrive tomorrow, as it hasn't even reached the USPS yet. The only way it will arrive tomorrow is if it is being delivered directly to my local post office.

Just received an email from Amazon!!! I logged into my Games libraries and got the full game and Aztec pack codes!!!!!! I'll start downloading right now (pre-ordered Digital)

Anyone still not have even a shipping date?

I just got an e-mail saying they weren't sure they could make the ship date, here's a five dollar credit. My order still says: "Delivery estimate: We need a little more time to provide you with a good estimate. We'll notify you via e-mail as soon as we have an estimated delivery date."

My order is in a very dire situation:

I ordered the 25th Anniversary edition from Amazon (United States) on August 31, and decided to contact them yesterday and two times today because the orders page still showed an uncertain shipping date.

The first time I contacted them the person on the phone said that it was coming on release date. This was a lie.

The second time I contacted them this morning, they said that there was something wrong with the stock and that the next shipment would be available on December 4. December. That's more than a month away. However, I really want the special edition and wouldn't be able to play it that much anyway (lots of schoolwork and grad school applications) so I decided that I'll just wait it out.

Then I realised that it is possible that they are back-ordering it and that the back-order might not work since it is a limited edition so I contacted them again, and asked them to assure me that they would not cancel the order, and that they it will, come in December. The representative this time was more vague in the last, she tried to pull the release day thing, then apologised it was late, and she wouldn't even give me a date and just said that she just *promises* that my order will not be cancelled and that it will come in stock again. I tell her I'm suspicious of this because this is a limited edition, but she just insists that it is not available now and will be sent to me when it is. I still don't know if it will come.

I decided to buy it on Gamestop, but didn't cancel my Amazon order because I don't know if Gamestop is pulling the same thing and doesn't have it in stock as well. I really hope I get the anniversary edition somehow, even if it's late and I would be royally pissed if it no one has it anymore and I didn't receive mine at all because of some random chance distribution centre problem.

I just got an e-mail saying they weren't sure they could make the ship date, here's a five dollar credit. My order still says: "Delivery estimate: We need a little more time to provide you with a good estimate. We'll notify you via e-mail as soon as we have an estimated delivery date."

Just got this same message. Not happy. How the ;@/$ can such a major release which I preordered months ago not be ready. At a loss for other options though. If I order now on GameStop or Best Buy it's not going to get here tomorrow or Saturday anyway, even with one day shipping, and no one seems to have t available for in store pickup.

Just received an email from Amazon!!! I logged into my Games libraries and got the full game and Aztec pack codes!!!!!! I'll start downloading right now (pre-ordered Digital)

I call BS. ;) Nobody else who received an email got a key in it. Edit: Oh, you pre-ordered digital. I assumed everyone in this thread was watching out for their physical orders.

My order is in a very dire situation:

I ordered the 25th Anniversary edition from Amazon (United States) on August 31, and decided to contact them yesterday and two times today because the orders page still showed an uncertain shipping date.

The first time I contacted them the person on the phone said that it was coming on release date. This was a lie.

The second time I contacted them this morning, they said that there was something wrong with the stock and that the next shipment would be available on December 4. December. That's more than a month away. However, I really want the special edition and wouldn't be able to play it that much anyway (lots of schoolwork and grad school applications) so I decided that I'll just wait it out.

Then I realised that it is possible that they are back-ordering it and that the back-order might not work since it is a limited edition so I contacted them again, and asked them to assure me that they would not cancel the order, and that they it will, come in December. The representative this time was more vague in the last, she tried to pull the release day thing, then apologised it was late, and she wouldn't even give me a date and just said that she just *promises* that my order will not be cancelled and that it will come in stock again. I tell her I'm suspicious of this because this is a limited edition, but she just insists that it is not available now and will be sent to me when it is. I still don't know if it will come.

I decided to buy it on Gamestop, but didn't cancel my Amazon order because I don't know if Gamestop is pulling the same thing and doesn't have it in stock as well. I really hope I get the anniversary edition somehow, even if it's late and I would be royally pissed if it no one has it anymore and I didn't receive mine at all because of some random chance distribution centre problem.

You win this thread. I am very sorry to hear this :(

i received the order code at 7 PM ET and could pre-load it, but won't receive the shipping as I live in the commie Argentina (=

BTW gmail assumed email was spam, fortunately i was constantly checking there

I just got the following e-mail from Amazon.com:

Hello,

We're contacting you about order #XXXX for Sid Meier's Civilization VI 25th Anniversary Edition - PC. We realize that we may miss your delivery promise and we're very sorry this happened.

To help make up for this delay, we'd like to offer you a $5 promotional certificate. This amount has been applied to your account and will be automatically applied to your next order that is shipped and sold from Amazon.com.

We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Sincerely,

Customer Service
Amazon.com

So, while I would like to be playing Civ VI tonight/tomorrow, I will survive. And, getting the $18 off for being a Prime Member, plus another $5 credit for the delay is reasonable compensation for waiting a few days. Plus, if there are any unknown bugs that are found and fixed in the meantime, I'll benefit from that as well. So, meh. I would have liked to have played Civ VI on launch, but I'll live.

I just got the following e-mail from Amazon.com:

Hello,

We're contacting you about order #XXXX for Sid Meier's Civilization VI 25th Anniversary Edition - PC. We realize that we may miss your delivery promise and we're very sorry this happened.

To help make up for this delay, we'd like to offer you a $5 promotional certificate. This amount has been applied to your account and will be automatically applied to your next order that is shipped and sold from Amazon.com.

We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Sincerely,

Customer Service
Amazon.com

So, while I would like to be playing Civ VI tonight/tomorrow, I will survive. And, getting the $18 off for being a Prime Member, plus another $5 credit for the delay is reasonable compensation for waiting a few days. Plus, if there are any unknown bugs that are found and fixed in the meantime, I'll benefit from that as well. So, meh. I would have liked to have played Civ VI on launch, but I'll live.

Got the same email. Ordinarily I would say that, but in my case with my job I have NO TIME whatsoever and knowing this was coming out I had moved stuff around for months so that I would have this one weekend free. Which I can't replicate on another weekend or move. And now it's wasted.

I ended up cancelling my order and purchasing from Steam while the pre-order bonus was still in effect.

Amazon really screwed the pooch on this one and I am really skeptical that (despite CS telling me it would happen) that the Steam Keys would be sent. Is there any good alternative to Amazon for game pre-orders? I mostly play console games and despite the convenience of Prime I really don't want to patronize this part of their business any longer.

Final update: The package arrived at 9 am. This went better than expected.

Good deal. Mine appears to be about 100 miles away but being delivered by the postal service, so anything can happen.

Anyone else have good news? Seems to be few and far between unfortunately.

Amazon just sent me a message that my anniversary edition will be arriving : November 3.
I can't believe that buying the best version would end up like this.
This is after asking the Amazon rep this afternoon if they would release the key via email (which is what they have done before)

Very disappointed.

Same with me, bit disappointed that there's been no option to pre-load. Will have 2nd thoughts about buying Digital games off Amazon in the future just to get a bit more % off. Good job I've got a fairly decent internet connection or I would've had a long wait.

Top Bottom