America: Write Your Own History

John Adams becomes the United States' Second President on the year 1796

The booths have closed and the results have come in! The election was very close, with Adams winning 53.3% of the popular votes.

Results:
Adams 8
Jefferson 7

Spoiler :
The votes were close enough that my vote actually decided it. My reason for picking Adams was, historically, Jefferson's anti-standing army and navy policy eventually led to America being beaten up in the War of 1812. Not to mention, although Jefferson promoted westward expansion, Adams was no opposed to it either. Adams had a lot more character than Jefferson, as Jefferson was a hypocrite for wanting to stop the slave trade while building his riches on his own slaves. Adams did more politically for the United States, and even the most famous line from the Declaration of Independence was not wholly Jefferson's (We hold these truths to be self evident that all men are created equal. Benjamin Franklin suggested self-evident as opposed to Jefferson's sacred and undeniable). However, perhaps Adams' pragmatic policies will be good enough that Jefferson's idealistic politicies could work in the next election.

I encourage you to, if you want, explain why you voted for who you did. It might persuade other people to vote in your interest. I will refrain from putting my opinion or vote in until the end of the election from now on.

jefferson

adams already had 8 years to rule. he doesnt need another four

That was Washington who had the last two terms.

Hey has Mexico changed much in American game play so far?

"Meanwhile, slave trading was still a reality; in obvious contrast to the Declaration of Independence which states all men are created equal."

Slaves were originally considered 1/5 of a white person in your constitution, look it up. Not to mention the founding Fathers all owned slaves.
Soon your America will fall away.

Well it was 3/5, and that was only a southern ploy to make up the disparity in population between North and South for the purposes of greater representation in the House of Representatives,etc. Legally, slaves were still property, which definitely contradicts the Deceleration of Independence, something most founding fathers were acutely aware of.

To paraphrase Jefferson, the issue of slavery in 1787 was akin to holding a wolf by its ears. There was no easy solution.

More on topic: I really like this concept. I'll try to vote in the next election. How historically accurate do you intend to be with your presidential candidates?

Adam's First Term:

In contrast to Jefferson's promise that he would end the slave trade, Adams managed to buy some cheap African labor through the middle-man, the Austrians. This annoyed the Spanish a little as the Austrians and Spanish are having a bout in Italy. Below you can see the slave going through the Louisiana Territory to his final destination near New Mexico.
Spoiler :

True to his word, he managed the navy very well. Although he did not have time to build up the navy, he did arrange the navy and give orders to defend the coast in the case of an attack. Furthermore, he ordered a galleon to sail around the Americas to the West Coast, as he has been promoting westward expansion and eventually will colonize California.
Spoiler :

Controversially, the Federalist Party has encouraged trading relations with England. This is something the Democratic-Republicans rail them against, saying they should instead trade with Democratic societies like France.
Spoiler :

Adams plans to continue colonization, just as Jefferson. However, he has no intention of signing into law anything that abridges slave trading, as it is not the federal government's position to decide that but instead the state's -- as he says. Other projects of his includes the amassing of a great engineering and construction force to continue improving the Midwestern lands and north New England hills.

Your pictures aren't linked properly.

Fixed

Election of 1800

Federalist Party
John Adams, Age 65, President, diplomat, political theorist, and statesman. Opposed to slavery, having never bought one. Appointed George Washington as commander-in-chief during early years of the revolution. Helped Washington in securing peace with England and loans from Amsterdam (corporation tech). Wants to build up the American navy. Independent from partisan thought. Wants to stay neutral in international affairs. Wants stronger immigration laws. Believes that Native Americans can be assimilated into the United States peacefully.
Spoiler :

Democratic-Republican Party
Thomas Jefferson, Age 67, principal author of Declaration of Independence. Wants softer immigration laws. Wants to remove Native Americans and put them in reservations to allow room for migrants. Wants to ban buying of new slaves. Wants to take away a great deal of federal taxes. Finds the navy unnecessary since America is in peace time. Wants no trade with England, and wants to create embargos against England through other democratic allies. Doesn't believe in a standing army, instead wants a well trained militia. Believes in the vote of the farmer, as the purist form of democracy.
Spoiler :

Ballot

Adams 7
Jefferson 4

I vote for Adams. USA will benefit more from trade with England. England will benefit too, but IMO it won't be so dangerous that will prevent getting Canada later on. It will be better for USA to develop navy than army. Navy can guard the coast and siege cities, it can move faster than the army. Army will move slower and can't guard USA from invasions or sea pillaging. The starting army (4 to 5 granades) is enough to capture all cities, given that USA will be the first to reach Assembly line. However you should build a couple of cavalry, euros will discover railroad and the only unit that can beat it is cavalry.

Moreover agricultural economy (what Jeferson will do theoretically) is worse than capitalism.

Notes:
*Did you get Corporation?
*Just one ship of the line? If the commander is unlucky in the first battle we lose all the navy. Please spawn at least two more ships of the line. Four to five ships of the line is enough to siege the forts of a coastal city in just one turn.
*Why do you research communism :lol:? Go for assembly line straight forward, the tech tree should be:
Corporation (revolution: free market, capitalism)->Railroad->Assembly line (pentagon)->Industrialism (Empire state building)->Mass media (UN)
*You should consider that the world progresses faster in DoC than in history. For example communism was discovered around 1870 and you are about to discover it in 1820!

John Adams

I was going to vote for Jefferson, but I went to wikipedia and I think there is a mistake about his age. There it says he was born in 1743, so he is actually younger then Adams.

So guessing you're going to follow their real dates of death and both died in 1826, and the incompatibility of Jefferson's english embargo with neglection of the navy (a furious english will attack with ships, not swimming troops or not created yet aircraft), my vote goes to:

John Adams

I was going to vote for Jefferson, but I went to wikipedia and I think there is a mistake about his age. There it says he was born in 1743, so he is actually younger then Adams.

So guessing you're going to follow their real dates of death and both died in 1826, and the incompatibility of Jefferson's english embargo with neglection of the navy (a furious english will attack with ships, not swimming troops or not created yet aircraft), my vote goes to:

John Adams

Wow, thank you for your research. I must have.. I have no idea how I could of misread his birthday that much.
*Did you get Corporation?
*Just one ship of the line? If the commander is unlucky in the first battle we lose all the navy. Please spawn at least two more ships of the line. Four to five ships of the line is enough to siege the forts of a coastal city in just one turn.
*Why do you research communism ? Go for assembly line straight forward, the tech tree should be:
Corporation (revolution: free market, capitalism)->Railroad->Assembly line (pentagon)->Industrialism (Empire state building)->Mass media (UN)
*You should consider that the world progresses faster in DoC than in history. For example communism was discovered around 1870 and you are about to discover it in 1820!
*Corporation is gotten. I got it from the Netherlands, and it historically lined up with America getting loans from Amsterdam without me even knowing!
*Communism for the free spy. I'll follow that path afterwards.
*The world is progressing faster. Notice that Salt Lake City is about to be founded in the year 1801. The reason for this is is because I was able to settle Louisiana Territory north of New Orleans, and thus make my way across without buying the territory. Eventually I will "buy" New Orleans, but I never bought the rights to settle north of it. What should I do to punish myself for this?
I vote for Adams. USA will benefit more from trade with England. England will benefit too, but IMO it won't be so dangerous that will prevent getting Canada later on. It will be better for USA to develop navy than army. Navy can guard the coast and siege cities, it can move faster than the army. Army will move slower and can't guard USA from invasions or sea pillaging. The starting army (4 to 5 granades) is enough to capture all cities, given that USA will be the first to reach Assembly line. However you should build a couple of cavalry, euros will discover railroad and the only unit that can beat it is cavalry.

Moreover agricultural economy (what Jeferson will do theoretically) is worse than capitalism.
Now you're thinking!

John Adams wins his second term with 63.6% of the popular vote!

His agenda:
Continue westward expansion
Purchase New Orleans with his vice-president, Thomas Jefferson, and James Monroe as Adams' diplomats.
In contrast to Jefferson's relocation plans of the Native Americans, Adams will pass laws to gradually integrate them into society, while diplomatically reasoning with them and giving them certain special rights.
Lewis and Clark's expedition will not be needed.
With war escalating in Europe, try to maintain even trade with both England and France without choosing a side.
Send the navy to the Mediterannean to defeat the Barbary Corsairs.
Bring Ohio into the Union.
Expand the navy immediately to 3 Man of Wars and 3 Frigates.

Alright his term is up, and the next election will, again, be between Adams and Jefferson. However, since Adams won twice, can I assume he'll win a third time if nothing bad happened during his presidency?

John Adams' Second and Third Term

The Second Awakening springs through New England, sparking protestant movements throughout the nation and bringing in strong anti-slavery sentiments in the north.
Spoiler :

Louisiana is purchased from Napolean with money and technology.
Spoiler :

The American navy successful defeats the Corsairs near the Strait of Gibraltar, both the Man of War and the Frigate fleet was greatly damaged but no fleets were lost.
Spoiler :

As you can see in 1808, workers continue to cultivate important resources in the Midwest and they move further west to connect the new frontier and the mountains of riches. The East Coast continues to expand the navy. The French are currently bombarding Halifax with their navy.
Spoiler :

However, things are really starting to kick up in Europe. France has vassalized the Dutch, the Spanish, and soon the Prussians and Austrians. Both England and France are demanding the US enter the war, but Adams holds his ground and refusing to make any embargo or military action.

Election of 1808

Federalist Party
John Adams, Age 73, President, diplomat, political theorist, and statesman. Opposed to slavery, having never bought one. Appointed George Washington as commander-in-chief during early years of the revolution. Helped Washington in securing peace with England and loans from Amsterdam (corporation tech). Wants to continue naval expansion. Independent from partisan thought. Wants to stay neutral in international affairs. Wants stronger immigration laws. Believes that Native Americans can be assimilated into the United States peacefully. With Jefferson as his emissary, purchased Louisiana from Napoleon. Wants to continue neutrality in Napoleonic War.
Spoiler :

Democratic-Republican Party
James Madison, Age 57, Virginia Representative and diplomat for Louisiana Purchase. Drafted the Bill of Rights. Worked closely with George Washington to form the constitution. Wants stronger state powers. Wants a decentralized bank and a refrain from a standing army; a position similar to Jefferson. Wants to war England for control of the Great Lakes.
Spoiler :

Ballot

Adams 8
Madison 4

How did you manage to take Luisiana bay?:D (WBed it?)

Top Bottom