America: Write Your Own History

John Adams

The man is good, and if we keep doing this until he dies and elect his son next, we may make a reform to change from a Republic to a Monarchy. Now that would be an interesting alternate USA.

John Adams

I don't think that declaring war on England is a good idea right now.

Adams

Are you going to implement a third term ban if he wins?

The two term maximum did not show up until 1951. Unless you guys make the vote and vote that we should have a max term limit, it'll be unlimited until then.
The man is good, and if we keep doing this until he dies and elect his son next, we may make a reform to change from a Republic to a Monarchy. Now that would be an interesting alternate USA.

Except John Adams specifically wrote to Jefferson that, despite how is tone may have sounded, he never had any intention into making a monarchy. He believed in the pride and culture of aristocracy, but not in a direct rule kind of way.

Madison
I've found that NOT choosing a side in Europe mean that you will have no allies at all. If England is busy with France and allies, they won't threaten us too much. If France is the future Big Bad, let's stay on their good side (plus, we can take Canada).

Except John Adams specifically wrote to Jefferson that, despite how is tone may have sounded, he never had any intention into making a monarchy. He believed in the pride and culture of aristocracy, but not in a direct rule kind of way.

I hope his son thinks otherwise. When the situation makes itself too "monarchical" we should propose a vote here in the House of Civers. By now it's too early :cool:

And we keep elections for President, that's how you convince the people that nothing changed, except that the President will be a Prime-Minister called a President.

BTW I do think a ban is unnecessary (soon people will call me a royalist indeed :king:), and I call my fellow colleagues here to think like me. If something good is ruling, it should keep ruling until it's not good anymore! No bans! :nope:

Adams

I have not so much time in this period to play, so reading this game story is a great consolation

Adams wins his fourth term with 2/3 of the popular vote!

Adams 8
Madison 4

John Adams: 1808-1812

In 1809 the eldest senator of the Democratic-Republican Party was disgraced by a scandal. The entire senate was thrown into chaos. John Adams, although having the opportunity of impeaching key leaders of the opposing party and gaining enough influence to become President for Life, instead chose to let the issue die down before stepping in and asserting executive power. This gave the the president expanded power when it came to senate scandal impeachment.
Spoiler :

Noticing the collapse of the Spanish Empire, with Mexico, Peru, and Argentina revolting, Adams thought this was a great opportunity to gain some money from Spain while also bribing them into becoming a democratic power, since they are weak enough to yield to American influence.
Spoiler :

Spoiler :

Here is Mexico. Adams sent the US army to the Mexican border to prevent chaos from spilling over.
Spoiler :

Over in Europe. Napoleon vassalized Austria, and is moving in on Sweden and Russia. However, the army was annihilated during the Russian winter, which led to a snowball of defeat for the French forces. The English navy began winning, as well. Russia took advantage of all this chaos and captured the Ottomans' Odessa, and Finland.

Election of 1812

Federalist Party
John Adams, Age 77, President, diplomat, political theorist, and statesman. Opposed to slavery, having never bought one. Appointed George Washington as commander-in-chief during early years of the revolution. Helped Washington in securing peace with England and loans from Amsterdam (corporation tech). Wants to continue naval expansion. Independent from partisan thought. Wants to stay neutral in international affairs. Wants stronger immigration laws. Believes that Native Americans can be assimilated into the United States peacefully. With Jefferson as his emissary, purchased Louisiana from Napoleon. Wants to continue neutrality in Napoleonic War.
Spoiler :

Democratic-Republican Party
James Madison, Age 61, Virginia Representative and diplomat for Louisiana Purchase. Drafted the Bill of Rights. Worked closely with George Washington to form the constitution. Wants stronger state powers. After watching the war in Europe, he has shifted his position on several issues, and now is in support of a stronger army, navy, and centralized bank. Wants to war England for control of the Great Lakes, citing that England could get too powerful if France loses the war.
Spoiler :

What an outstanding result! Madison defeats Adams

Madison 10
Adams 3

Adams returns to his family, and raises his up-and-coming political son. Adams had a good run: 18 years of presidency with his approval rating rising with each term.

I think it's time for Mandison. The navy is built, the coast is safe and the coastal cities have no luck against it. Send the army in the north and conquer Canada. Mexico can wait, even 1900s is a good time to conquer it, as it will be weak. USA will have infatries while Mexico will still have rifles. Training an army at this point is a good idea, since the army will almost die in the canadian wars. A fresh army should be trained for the Carrabean. Moreover, it's time to get some banks in our economomy and start cashing in.

Oh and one last thing. Have you heared of a new philosopher in our lands, I think it's called Carl Marx? He empeaches against capitalism :mad:!

(Note: I'd like to see Marx or Lenin in the elections of 1816 :lol:)

Top Bottom