American culture

amaterasu

the true messiah
Something that comes again and again in other places.

How strong and influential is american culture ( comparitivley) if it even exsists?

American culture (at least, the bits they export) is like an easy and seductive woman - with herpes.

If Hollywood-movies are cheap women with herpes, then bollywood-movies are... something even worse. I can only stand watching one or two per year, and thats only when I'm in the mood for something completely ridiculous.

As an American, I'd have to say it's pretty strong and influential around here. Yuck.

Hollywood, consumption, yes. What passes for culture in America revolves around entertainment. There are other things here, but you have to look for them. You wont find them in the mainstream media.

It exists everywhere.

I had this discussion last night with my sister and her fiance' who live in New Zealand. I suggested it's overbearing nature and he explained it's not the case. For instance, there's a holiday there (Queen's day iirc) and it's been turned into a shopping day New Zealand style but hardly because of USA.

I found it interesting how critical he was of people's criticism of the US. Unexpected to say the least.

In order for America to export its culture some one has to import it. Its all over because people want it. It works, things like capitalism are appealing.

In order for America to export its culture some one has to import it. Its all over because people want it. It works, things like capitalism are appealing.

I'm not talking about economic theories or other universal, empirically valid, and culturally neutral concepts. I'm talking things like movies, entertainment, books, music, the little things which are unique to a culture.

There is a very curious phenomenon happening here in India, among the English educated elite who have no touch with their own culture.

The leftist dominated intellectual scene holds everything of Indian origin to be bad, and leftist thing cooked up by their compatriots in the USA and Europe to be good. This is reflected even in the education system. What this means is that a person who is only Western educated, with no strong cultural roots in Indian values, ends up being "more loyal than the King" to leftism and ideologies of "liberation".

So we have a small group of people actually acting out the fantasy of the decadent society typical Hollywood entertainment movies promote.

I've told this story before, but I'll tell it again.

One day, in the college mess, I noticed a girl come in and sit down. She was wearing something which did not completely cover her behind (come jeans very low on the behind). Unfortunately, she sat at a table right in front, with her back to me, and I had to inadvertently see her hairy and repulsive butt-crack every time I looked up from my food. It was quite disgusting.

Now I'm sure that girl felt very "liberated". I just wish I would be "liberated" of such women. I have no wish to see anal hair when I'm eating.

There is a very curious phenomenon happening here in India, among the English educated elite who have no touch with their own culture.

The leftist dominated intellectual scene holds everything of Indian origin to be bad, and leftist thing cooked up by their compatriots in the USA and Europe to be good. This is reflected even in the education system. What this means is that a person who is only Western educated, with no strong cultural roots in Indian values, ends up being "more loyal than the King" to leftism and ideologies of "liberation".

So we have a small group of people actually acting out the fantasy of the decadent society typical Hollywood entertainment movies promote.

I've told this story before, but I'll tell it again.

One day, in the college mess, I noticed a girl come in and sit down. She was wearing something which did not completely cover her behind (come jeans very low on the behind). Unfortunately, she sat at a table right in front, with her back to me, and I had to inadvertently see her hairy and repulsive butt-crack every time I looked up from my food. It was quite disgusting.

Now I'm sure that girl felt very "liberated". I just wish I would be "liberated" of such women. I have no wish to see anal hair when I'm eating.

Are there many English still in India?

You should have tried "accidentilly" throwing some food in there. Like some peas.

:lol:

A series of spectacular "accidents" would have occurred after that, at my expense.

Indians are very conscious of the honour of women, and Indian women wouldn't have hesitated to gang up on me for that.

Of course, if I wanted to go out spectacularly, I could have shouted out, "Get back in the kitchen where you belong, biatches!"

Ice cubes!

What does that have to do with anything?

I mean the elite of the country, who have been educated using the English language as a medium.

Answer the bloody question. :D

I was just wondering in your original post, if there were many actual English people in India.

I'd have got a slap on the face in return. You just don't point out these things over here.

And being the chivalrous man I am, I couldn't have retaliated without completely losing my honour. Civilised Indian men do NOT retaliate at women, no matter the provocation, unless it's something insane.

EDIT: Crosspost

Top Bottom