1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Amusing Ironies

Discussion in 'Fall from Heaven Lore' started by Psychorg, Mar 16, 2007.

1. Baron Von Noob

Baron Von Noob Chieftain

Civs that don't even have an access to the sea converting to the Octopus Overlords : "We don't actually know what an octopus is, but the name was catchy".

Guybrush Threepwood becoming a crazed demon after exploring a dungeon.

Arendel Phaedra sitting down for a nice game of Somnium with... Hyborem.

A rather unexpected "Your Chalid Astrakein has been caught torturing war prisoners" event.

The Sheaim rejoicing because of penguins on their coast...

2. it-ogo

it-ogo Hedgehog

Octopus is the Siamese twins cat.

3. Corlis

Corlis Chieftain

It's even better when it's Corlindale :p

4. Guybrush!

Guybrush! Swa/Hyd/Ins/Cha/Cre

I quite like the event that lets you stop a war becuase of mercy to the wounded. I once got it after just sacking a town and killing Basium with Hyborem :crazyeye:
    Also:
    Freak with strong and weak promotion
    Freak with heavy and light promotion
    Freak with immunity to disease and plague
    Perpentach adopts sanity :)

5. Dumanios

Dumanios MLG

Arendal Phaedra signing permanent alliance with Faeryl Vicnoia

6. Ksi

Ksi Chieftain

Slave rushing the Pillar of Chains.

7. Guale

Guale Chieftain

I've noticed a few reading through the pedia recently. The fact that Eurobates is supposed to be the most powerful creation of the created yet the avatar of wrath, Meshebber, and I belive a few others are considerably stronger. Hyborem and Basium, two archangels, are both weaker than Mardero and Sphener and nowhere near the Avatar, a fellow archangel.

8. KillerClowns

KillerClowns Chieftain

Not so much ironic as truly and thoroughly fitting.

Yeah, I've always wondered about that. I suppose I could brew up some justifications. Maybe Eurabatres isn't at anywhere near her full power. I've never accepted the Avatar to be an Archangel; I've preferred the old version (it being the manifestation of the hatred and suffering of all the souls of Erebus) myself. I could suggest Sphener is stronger than Basium because the latter no longer has the support of his god. Why Hyborem is weaker then Mardero is beyond my powers of creative excuse-making, as both serve, and are loyal to, Agares. Could argue that Hyborem, breaking forcibly through like he did, was weakened significantly while Mardero, (maybe) being born in Erebus, suffered no such weakening. Nothing I can do explains Meshabber.

9. Annex

Annex Tyranny and Mutation

Dont forget, Hyborem also has a one time use immortal promotion. That may account for why he is weaker than Mardero.

10. Marnok

Marnok Marnok

I slave-rushed the Statue of Liberty in vanilla Civ4...

11. mahazel

mahazel Chieftain

Brigid - archangel of the fire goddess Bhall, 6str + 3fire + fire affinity (so maybe in fire vault she was much stronger). And she is full immortal, when Hyborem only once... why?

12. Verily

Verily Chieftain

I imagine that Cardith Lorda is so popular in Kuriotate-land that they just keep reelecting him (or, rather, that there is only one political party/organization with any support, and that's the group which supports Cardith Lorda).

13. KillerClowns

KillerClowns Chieftain

Brilliant. Actually, I once converted to the Council of Esus as the Elohim, and won the game by building the Altar of the Luonnotar with the blood and toil of countless slaves.
    But they all went to Heaven, so it was OK, right? :crazyeye:

14. Nikis-Knight

Nikis-Knight Chieftain

Only the ones that survived. I think the implication is that rushing is fatal.

15. Psycho_Ivan

Psycho_Ivan Chieftain

Even apocalyptic harbingers need the occasional entertainment. :lol:

16. KillerClowns

KillerClowns Chieftain

I know. But we were sure to brainwash educate them in the ways of the One before they died.

Oh... wait, sorry, my mistake. It was in the ways of Esus... whoops. :mischief: So, uh, that'd mean a good portion the countless innocents massacred to build our stairway to heaven are suffering in a shadowy hell for their troubles. Heh... bit of an oversight there, eh?

17. wilboman

wilboman Hibernorse Frost Giant

As for Mardero/Hyborem, one could argue that Mardero is less fettered by the inherent inflexibility of being an Archangel, and that his half-humanity is reflected in greater strength (representing his ability to transcend the bonds of the gods), but ultimately lower staying power (mortality). Also, Hyborem may be more of a schemer. He's on top in the fight between Agares' angels at the moment, that doesn't have to mean he's the strongest.

18. rusty217

rusty217 Veil Fanatic

Actually Hyborem would be the strongest of all the angels at present, he is as strong as Cernunnos, the god of nature, what with being his evil "twin" and all...

19. MagisterCultuum

MagisterCultuum Great Sage

He is as strong as Cernunnos was then, but that my no means means he is equal to the god. The power Sucellus gained in his ascension would greatly dwarf Hyborem, even if Agares has given him more power since then. Also, it is worth noting that Hyborem was created as a dark reflection of Cernunnos at a time when Cernunnos had had his Ara removed from him and his connection to various neutral gods severed. Hyborem was created as his equal when Cernunnos was at his weakest.

Still, Cernunnos was strong enough at the time to dent Agares' breastplate, the greatest injury Agares had ever suffered, even at the hands of a fellow god I believe.

20. Xyan

Xyan Cyber Monk

I have a swordman with othus axe. okay, this is common enough, But I can't help wondering whether he wield an axe or a sword.