1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Amusing Ironies

Discussion in 'Fall from Heaven Lore' started by Psychorg, Mar 16, 2007.

1. cyther

cyther Lord of the Dance

Svarts building the Summer palace and Ljos building the winter palace

2. Grey Fox

Grey Fox Master of Points

Well since neither of them share rule it wouldn't be so ironic anymore.

3. Pickly

Pickly Chieftain

(I realize this is a quite big necro, but this does seem the best thread for these)

Sacrifice the Weak not being particularly useful for the Infernals, thanks to the Fallow trait.

Tower of Complacency Kuriotates (as suggested in a lot of strategies) seems a bit off.

I've had several games where Order and Ashen Veil are founded in the same city. (and have had the riot event once.)(Mostly this is for mana access.)

Had a recent game (mentioned in the screenshot thread), where the Bannor (under Evil Decius, which may make more sense in backstory terms) went Armageddon on the world, converting to Ashen Veil, building Prophecy of Ragnarok, and summoning the Infernals.

4. BlakeTheDrake

BlakeTheDrake Chieftain

Basium as a Vassal of Hyborem. (I had converted Luichuirp to Ashen Veil and accepted them as Vassals. Then they reverted to Runes and built the Mercurian Gate. Result: Basium entered the world as an obedient Vassal of the Infernals.)

And so, Hyborem and Basium went on to wipe out the Elohim together. Probably singing this song on the way. :lol:

5. A Moon

A Moon The "A" is silent

Both. He attaches the axe to the end of the sword.

Sax power.

6. scutarii

scutarii Chieftain

by far the biggets irony - to keep peace, you have to go to war.

7. El Yahpo

El Yahpo Chieftain

auric ascended wielding godslayer:eek:

8. Pickly

Pickly Chieftain

Construction quote, paraphrased (I think): "You are foolish to trust in your walls. Nothing can slow the riders of Nox Noctis"

Actual game: Shadowriders are effected by city wall defense.

(Unless you have the Esus shrine, and use the mana to get Shadowwalk, though that is stretching things a bit. :) Plus I may be remembering shadowwalk somewhat wrong.)

9. Dracosolon

Dracosolon Chieftain

Os-Gabella (and perhaps Sandalphon) given by Auric to Drifa for lunch.
    ...gory.

Keelyn warning another Balseraphs-player Perpentach about her father, even if it's technically possible.

A Calabim vampire feeding with the absent-souls(?) of a recently conquered dwarf or Sidar city.

10. Skarn

Skarn Chieftain

FoL founded by Hippus in the middle of a desert, without a single forest on the whole island. "Yes, we worship cacti here, is there a problem with that?"

Mahala declaring an early war on Ethne, Ethne founding Order, Order spreading to Doviello lands, Mahala converting to Order (!) and establishing a defensive pact with the Elohim. "We need to prepare early to get those Verdandi, you know."

Cassiel switching to Religion in the first few turns (he does that all the time in patch n). "Forget what I said about the gods, that culture bonus is too attractive to pass."

Auric Ascended destroyed by a flurry of fireballs unleashed by a stack of 40+ Amurite mages. "We may not have the Godslayer anymore, but we still know how to kick Mulcarn's butt."

Playing as Faeryl, encountered Arendel in the first few turns, declared war to scout-rush her capital. She ended up destroying mine too. "OK, maybe we took this mutual hatred a little too far here."

11. Pickly

Pickly Chieftain

Perhaps it's a narcissistic religion.

"The gods do not care for you!1 go and worship yourselves!"

12. Skarn

Skarn Chieftain

I tend to think that he wants his people to "try and see for themselves that religion doesn't do them any good", but it would probably be better to block this civic (and theocracy, too) from the Grigori anyway.

Just had an awesome Orbis game in which the Lanun declared war to the Infernal because of a failed marriage ("I knew you shouldn't fall in love with demons..."). Some time later, I summoned the mercurians to help in the war against the Infernal. They got the event "some Infernals helped our troops, maybe we should stop the war". And they did. Maybe Basium just found himself some cute succubus after that.

Late in the game I also had the event "a procession of angels was seen in Mercurian lands". A very rare sighting for sure.

13. IronClaymore

IronClaymore Chieftain

More of an inconsistency than a true irony, but what with all the talk about the infernals...

<rant>

Recently re-read the beltane cycle, and after confirming that Cernunnus is the most manly god to have ever existed, it got me to thinking. Lugus hates the calabim, right, because Alexis ate the soul of one of his clerics? So he cursed them to be sunlight intolerant, and in many modmods there's diplomatic penalties between empyrean religion and calabim civ, and calabim being unable to adopt the religion, etc.

But Agares ate Gower's soul. Not simply some measly cleric, but the guy's son! Centuries on and one ascendancy later, Cernunnus is going to be pretty damn furious about it still. So yeah, a fellowship of leaves civ and the infernals getting on alright really doesn't make sense. The priests would be yelling bloody murder every 10 minutes of every day until they were back fighting the minions of Agares.

Put it this way: a bloke who runs the business of happysunlight and hangs out a lot with the goddess of forgiveness has one of his minor employees murdered during a random mugging, and thusly curses the murderer and all her spawn until the end of time and commands all his other employees to make war upon them.
    While a second guy has his very son fall victim to a premeditated murder for callous political gain, and doesn't do at least as much?? C'mon!

</rant>

14. smana

smana Chieftain

alakakzan the assasin: religion Empyrian

15. BlakeTheDrake

BlakeTheDrake Chieftain

Sorry for the necromancy, (-2: "You use Death mana.") but I just encountered a new height of irony: Mutant Cannibal Corlindale! :D

Playing as the Elohim for the first time, I got that 'Your unit has encountered a Chaos Flare' event for Corlindale, and took the gamble. The result was: Immunity to Disease, Resist Cold, Resist Disease... and Cannibalize. So my capital is now home to a mutated, cannibalistic Corlindale, overseeing the final construction of the Altar of Luonotar. :goodjob:

Attached Files: