An Aztec Game

What a glorious game! :beer:

It is a pity there still is no an Aztek religion so Azteks, Inca and Maya will become Christians even if they are succesfull.

Tzintzuntzan actually is a real city in Mexico... had to research this out.

But about conqueror-event... did you cheat it out by discovering Spanish in Brazil? Nice loophole btw in rules.

If by cheating you mean exploiting existing bugs in game, then yes I did cheat to avoid the conquerors(and it's an very old "bug", actually it comes from how certain regions are defined). The WB is solely meant to reveal the position of the Spanish vessel.

Actually I'm not sure how to deal with the conqueror stack if it did appear. The first two goals could be jeopardized.

Researching all the techs by ourselves would take forever. Instead, we get most them through trades.

An overview of our cities.

We meet the Japanese people. They seem to be moderately advanced.

Selling even more slaves.

An random glimpse at the espionage screen. We aren't using espionage this game.

A trade with Portugal saves us 3 turns of research time.

The Ottomans are doing a pathetic job this game.

Selling cotton to the Russians. They pay a fair price. :)

Glorious moment, for Montezuma, ruler of the Aztec Empire, is elected Pope of the Apostolic Palace. :lol:

Political power grows out of the barrel of a gun. :agree:

Now we need to plot carefully our invasion into the Old World. East Asia? India? Europe? I'll pick the weakest one with lots of units.

Time for Golden Age! We have reserve GPs ready in case of instability.

I forgot to take the screenshot, but I did settle a final city on the west coast to grab the deer, gold and silver. Not sure about the (actual)city name though.

I guess it won't hurt to sell Rifling to the Dutch. They are not our target. Meanwhile, I'm avoiding Liberalism and Democracy. In slavery we trust!

Our second trade mission is about to take place. Now in a better ship. :lol:

Meeting the Mughals. They are doing fairly well.

Switching to Theocracy+Fanaticism+Standing Army after researching Military Tradition. We are pumping out elite Cavalries, Riflemen and Cannons.

Gameplay-wise I'm not doing so well. I should've trained some muskets, bombards and knights and upgrade them with cash right after Rifling and MT. But it's fine. We are playing on Regent/Normal and not trying our limit.

Why am I getting Liberalism?! :blush: Well at least I'm not getting Democracy for sake of stability.

More tech trades.

Meeting Iran. They do nothing more than providing us with incense.

Vassal Thailand is invaded by its master France's TC troops.

...Look what I've found! :eek: A delicious prey which does not know how to defend itself! So it is decided! Montezuma plots his evil plan... :devil:

We haven't discoverd Mali until now.

The second trade misson.

Demanding a key military technology is not how it works, Saladin. :nono:

I'm starting another Golden Age with 3 GPs. Stability doesn't seem to be a problem so I'm not saving the GPs.

The Invasion starts! Oh no. I had no contact with the Prussians so I didn't know they had a defensive pact with Spain. I don't think I'll see any Prussian units in battle though.

The city placement of Leon partly indicates why Spain's not doing so good this game. The other part of the reason is of course, the human player.

The new-born Americans. I'd have no quarrels with them.

At the battle of Leon our first Great General emerged.

Unfortunately we only enslaved 1 unit from the battle.

Hmmm, 7 Galleons in Madrid:eek:, no wonder...

The great medic.

Just 1 turn after and they've all become riflemen?! Geez!

Uh-huh.

We have changed our tactics. I left the city of Leon empty and camped all the units on the hills. After all I only need to kill units, cities are less important.

Riflemen are no match for cannons in siege. And we take Madrid.

Applying the same trick again.

But Spain is already too weak to keep the fight going. Since Prussia has defensive pact with Netherlands, I also signed a few DPs before accepting Spain's capitulation.

Protectorate of Spain.

We symbolically adopt Free Market.

The Aztecs hunger for more blood! Portugal is next!

Arabia is willing to offer 300:gold: for a single slave. Wow. I guess they really care about their colonies in South America.

For whatever reason France has declared war on us and is already invading Spanish territory.

It's the first time I meet the Argentinian civilization.

Lisbon is ours! The Portuguese survives as a goverment in exile.

Good city with settled GPs. Unfortunately we can't keep it for long.

The French are unstoppable.

Colombia. Guess I'm not stable enough.

China had been dead for quite a while and just respawned.

Retaking Lisbon from French control. All our units are stationed on the hill.

We have already enslaved 16 Old World units! We have to find the rest of them among the French.

Want my city? Well, I'll just give it to you then. :blush: Also notice that Spain has collpased.

Nice meeting you, Bolivar.

Retaking Madrid.

1 slave away to victory!

The final battle takes place on the outskirt of Bordeaux.

It may be considered a bug, that enslavement through defence does not give a message like in attack: "An enemy unit has been enslaved!" But we have done it anyways.

Victory is ours!

8 hours, I'm embarrassed. :blush: I've been playing slow games lately.

Probability-wise, the 3rd UHV goal requires killing 20/35% ~= 60 Old World units, and so I did. There's also 5-6 Spanish longbowmen/pikemen I killed in the first battle which is not included in the screenshots.

So there it is. The only way I can think of to achieve the third goal is to invade the Old World. Sitting in the Americas one is unlikely to ever have the chance to kill that many Old World units.

Hope you like this game. :)

The hell Fresol? That's the most absurd and amazing RFC DoC game I've seen :lol:

So you have to invade old world. Well done! :goodjob: The bet then is having a descent tech rate.

You shouldn't have avoided conquerors, 6-7 catapults and 5 jaguars are enough. It isn't that difficult. And conquerors would give you about 6 enslaved units.

Top Bottom