Ancient World

I've just upload new main files and Biqs so you can download them again.
Some changes include returning treasury to its capital for some civs, few new units, new resources.
I did not have time to finish civilopedia because I'm busy with two other scenarios so i would like to ask help if someone know how to make civilopedia, that would be real to help me.

Also for scenario WWII which i create I use great amount of Wyrmshadow units that come without sound so if there is some expert with sound who can help me with that?

Hope you will enjoy this scenario.

Just info for returning treasury to its capital for civilizations. Civilizations are Greeks, Van Lang, Korea, Jomon and Etruscan league. Goal for Jomon is to controle all four Japanese islands, there is resource Japanese Gate which if city is built on it you can build improvement Japanese unification which auto produce treasury. For Greeks nations( Athens, Sparta, Corinth, Thebes, Epirus, Macedon) you need to controle Greek soil, Thrace, Aegean Islands, Southern Italy and west Asia Minor. For Koreans goal is to controle Korean Peninsula, For Van Lang goal is to controle coastline of eastern Indochina and for Etruscans goal is to controle Italian Peninsula.

Just info for returning treasury to its capital for civilizations. Civilizations are Greeks, Van Lang, Korea, Jomon and Etruscan league. Goal for Jomon is to controle all four Japanese islands, there is resource Japanese Gate which if city is built on it you can build improvement Japanese unification which auto produce treasury. For Greeks nations( Athens, Sparta, Corinth, Thebes, Epirus, Macedon) you need to controle Greek soil, Thrace, Aegean Islands, Southern Italy and west Asia Minor. For Koreans goal is to controle Korean Peninsula, For Van Lang goal is to controle coastline of eastern Indochina and for Etruscans goal is to controle Italian Peninsula.

So the Goal for other civs is Dominatinon ?

Can I load these files without loosing my current game?

No. If you are in something then continue play with old so you can try the new one later.

So the Goal for other civs is Dominatinon ?

Yes, domination is for other civs. Maybe I'll think something later.

A few coments:

There are 3 civs here who have the chance of being really overpowered:
-the first are the Persians. They control a massive area and resources. Fair enough, they did it historically, can't argue it it. But my Romans just got owned by a stack of 80+ Persian units, that included 2 armies (I kid you not). Best I managed, to face that, was 1 army + 25 units and 6 artillery... new game please :(
-celts and germanic tribes: in the cenario, they work as 2 nations with these names. But i reality, they were anything but united; "celts" and "germans" were simply ethnic groups, not nations. Both were split up in many tribes which were often fighting each other, something Rome took advantage of. In the scenario, these "nations" control vast areas and resources, making them (almost) as hard as Persians. By this logic, then all the greeks should be united in one nation, not Sparta+Macedon+etc...
-terrain: the top of Italy is surronded by swamps and mountains. Since the workers can't make roads in these, any cities that the romans conquer are severally limited, both in reources they can use (specially luxury) but specially in units they can build. For example, at the end (ie, when I was crushed) I have only 6 cities that could build Imperial Legionaires in 8 or less turns, despite having 14 cities of size 8 or above. Can't build a decent-sized army with Rome, to fight off all the barbarians...

Going to download the new files, to try it with another civ :)

I agree, the Persians are a bit overpowered. Maybe if you had Egypt in revolt (which happened often) that might lessen the initial power by, what is it, five cities in that area? Maybe also start out with a few of the satraps in revolt to make it more challenging (not with more civs, just powerful barbarian units).

A few coments:

There are 3 civs here who have the chance of being really overpowered:
-the first are the Persians. They control a massive area and resources. Fair enough, they did it historically, can't argue it it. But my Romans just got owned by a stack of 80+ Persian units, that included 2 armies (I kid you not). Best I managed, to face that, was 1 army + 25 units and 6 artillery... new game please :(
-celts and germanic tribes: in the cenario, they work as 2 nations with these names. But i reality, they were anything but united; "celts" and "germans" were simply ethnic groups, not nations. Both were split up in many tribes which were often fighting each other, something Rome took advantage of. In the scenario, these "nations" control vast areas and resources, making them (almost) as hard as Persians. By this logic, then all the greeks should be united in one nation, not Sparta+Macedon+etc...
-terrain: the top of Italy is surronded by swamps and mountains. Since the workers can't make roads in these, any cities that the romans conquer are severally limited, both in reources they can use (specially luxury) but specially in units they can build. For example, at the end (ie, when I was crushed) I have only 6 cities that could build Imperial Legionaires in 8 or less turns, despite having 14 cities of size 8 or above. Can't build a decent-sized army with Rome, to fight off all the barbarians...

Going to download the new files, to try it with another civ :)

I see what you mean, but I make Greeks separate as they were because the later Peloponnesian War and various struggles at Greeks soil like Thebes and Macedonian domination.
As for Romans true power of them is Italian peninsula so I make Roman Legions could be built only there, rest of conquered empire you can built auxiliary. units and Mercenaries. If you have problems with Celts or Germans there are other two groups Sychtia and Balto-Slavs which you can bribe to your side. Also Romans have few wonders which create legionaries every turn. First wonder is in Rome from the start but later two Marian reforms you need controle 5 cities with barracks in it and for Imperial Rome you need have 10 cities with barracks. Also Roman units are the best in early period only barbarians later become stronger.

I agree, the Persians are a bit overpowered. Maybe if you had Egypt in revolt (which happened often) that might lessen the initial power by, what is it, five cities in that area? Maybe also start out with a few of the satraps in revolt to make it more challenging (not with more civs, just powerful barbarian units).

Persians were that powerful and they army were numerous but not powerful so everyone who goes against Persians i advise to play defensively because because its the easiest way to defeat them. Persians have few strong neighbours in Indian Subcontinent and also scythian and Huns tribes on plains of Eurasia.

I'm have a plan to remake this scenario so if someone have ideas about what should change let me know and when I finish other projects that I'm doing I'll back to this.

OoO! It's been a while...

-cut the celts and the germanics into multiple nation tribes. That will ease the preassure off the romans and greeks, and reflect their multiplicity;

-following RHKINC's suggestion, put Egytp as an independent, just-revolted, nation. Put it in a state of war with Persia right at start, but give it a few units right off, or the rebellion won't last long...

is there a way to get this in a non rar form

OoO! It's been a while...

-cut the celts and the germanics into multiple nation tribes. That will ease the preassure off the romans and greeks, and reflect their multiplicity;

-following RHKINC's suggestion, put Egytp as an independent, just-revolted, nation. Put it in a state of war with Persia right at start, but give it a few units right off, or the rebellion won't last long...

I'm going to cut the Celts and Germans, but i cant add more civilizations because I'm already using all 31 of them. I will use lot of barbarians and raise cost of settlers for barbarian civs so that they cant expans so fast. I will delete Hamito semitic and rename they into Egypt. Also I'm thinking to give Celtic Illyrian cities to dacians and delete one of India civs and make Iberians.
What do you think of that?

I'm going to cut the Celts and Germans, but i cant add more civilizations because I'm already using all 31 of them. I will use lot of barbarians and raise cost of settlers for barbarian civs so that they cant expans so fast. I will delete Hamito semitic and rename they into Egypt. Also I'm thinking to give Celtic Illyrian cities to dacians and delete one of India civs and make Iberians.
What do you think of that?

Sounds good! :goodjob:

Also I'm thinking to delete marshes in north of Italy. But I don't want that roman legions are easy to built. So I'm thinking to make Romans somthing like mobilization office in few cities or to increase cost of legions. Or to let the roman only have wonders that produce legions every turn. I've thought to increase cost of settlere both in Citizen cost and shield cost. Also to stop expansion trough rapid building of cities. If you understant what I mean, I want that nations and tribes expand trough conquests rather then rapid buliding cities.

Just a note of barbarians in Europe. Iberians, Celtic, Germans, Balto Slavs, Scythians, Huns and Dacians. The Celts will also play role of Britons and Germans will play role of Scandinavians, and Huns play role of Xiongnu in Asia.
The settlers will be hard to built because they will cost 8 citizen and more shields. Only nations that have fertile land with lot of food resources will be able to built them faster. That will give Carthaginians upper hand in that, but its not that matter if they built lots of cities in North Africa and they will not be able to make its colonies in Europe. The Celts and Germans will be reduced to few cities and I'll use lot of barbarian in Europe. Egypt will be independent from Persian Empire in order to reduce power of Persians and give them one more potential enemy. Soon I will upload new files as soon as i finish civilopedia for Improvements and wonders. I don't have time to make civilopedia for units right now, but soon I'll take care of that. Anyway that is all for now and I hope that you will like new and improve version of this scenario.

Thanks for the news Nexxo , nice to know that Carthaginians wont be able to make colonies in Europe. Also , it would be cool to make Egypt independent from Persian Empire. But, does Egypt will have an Ally to be against Persian Empire or not really just make it alone and let the AI play along. And, will you make Egypt as a non-playable Civ ?

I still think maybe you can decide of something else to make Barbarian Settlers cost less than 8 citizen , because other Civs are just tearing you apart lol just saying
Those Civs, who have already all first improvements , are trying to make you feel weak and poor. Unless , its a good idea to leave it like that

Thanks for the news Nexxo , nice to know that Carthaginians wont be able to make colonies in Europe. Also , it would be cool to make Egypt independent from Persian Empire. But, does Egypt will have an Ally to be against Persian Empire or not really just make it alone and let the AI play along. And, will you make Egypt as a non-playable Civ ?

I still think maybe you can decide of something else to make Barbarian Settlers cost less than 8 citizen , because other Civs are just tearing you apart lol just saying
Those Civs, who have already all first improvements , are trying to make you feel weak and poor. Unless , its a good idea to leave it like that

Egypt will be playable civ and I'll leave AI to decide what will do. As for settlers maybe they could be easier to built but not like now because they expand too fast and they soon start to treat Rome, Etruscans and others. Maybe for barbarian civs settlers could cost from 4 to 8 citizen. 3 like now is too small and barbarians overwhelmd all other nations.

New version is uploaded. I add few new units especially from Shirokobbure ancient Korean pack. I deleted Pandyan kingdom civilization and add Iberians in Europe to weak Celts and also to to show some form of multiplicity among barbarians. The Celts and Germans still play multiple roles( Celts as Britons and Germans as Scandinavians) along with Dacia which control Thracian and Illiryan cities. Also Xiongnu in Asia also play role of Huns in Europe. Barbarian settlers still cost 3 citizen as now because barbarians are undeveloped at beginning and this is only way that they can survive until later techs which give barbarians better units. I add Egypt which actually don't controle entire historian territory but also Red Sea states because I want to have some of that Cities there and that will give Egypt some extra power which they wouldn't have if they were only at real Egypt territory. Civilopedia is not finished and I will do that as soon as I get free time because now I'm busy with WWII scenario which will have many new stuff.

Top Bottom