AND SVN Build Thread

+1

JosEPh :)

A New Dawn 2.1 Pre-Release A (rev660)

• Some CTD and OOS bugfixing
  • Removed code imported from C2C rev5843 (cvcityai.cpp) which was causing OOS problems (temporary fix)
  • OOS logger improved
  • Removed blinking Ctrl+O line to open BUG Options
  • DLL compiled and updated

Just a small update, this should be the final version before major changes introduced by Vokarya. I've renamed this version Pre-Release A, but if no problems arise, this version will be AND 2.1 final.

Edit: FYI flag is always displaying rev659; but the latest revision also shows "Pre Release A"

I've tried installing via SVN and the easier route but get the same errors each time I run the game saying "Bugconfig - failure parsing C:\.....Mods\Rise of Mankind\Assets\Config\init.xml at line 17', also one at line 9, and a 'No valid data directory containing UserSettings found'. The result is no interface and a game that doesnt work.
I'm confused why it's looking in Rise of Mankind folder rather than Rise of Mankind - A new dawn. I have both mods installed by the way

Just one other question. In the SVN installation instructions, step 4, what do you mean by move the 'result' into the mods folder. I have noticed the result is a folder called ROM, and within that there is a folder named 'Rise of Mankind - A New Dawn'. Which should be moved, the latter, the folder called ROM, or the root folder?

I've tried installing via SVN and the easier route but get the same errors each time I run the game saying "Bugconfig - failure parsing C:\.....Mods\Rise of Mankind\Assets\Config\init.xml at line 17', also one at line 9, and a 'No valid data directory containing UserSettings found'. The result is no interface and a game that doesnt work.
I'm confused why it's looking in Rise of Mankind folder rather than Rise of Mankind - A new dawn. I have both mods installed by the way

If you keep a copy of Rise of Mankind (RoM0 in your BtS\Mods folder and also have Rise of Mankind - A New Dawn (AND) when you play either version after play the other, always hold the Shift key down while the Mod loads. This clears the "cache" so that RoM's settings do not make changes to the AND settings or vice versa. Because AND is based off of RoM this is vitally important to remember and do. Otherwise you end up with errors and no interface or a CTD.

JosEPh

Do you still have a
I have noticed the result is a folder called ROM, and within that there is a folder named 'Rise of Mankind - A New Dawn'.
?

If so Cut/paste the Rise of Mankind - A New Dawn folder into your BtS\Mods folder and then delete the outer folder it came from.

JosEPh

Thanks, I tried this but I'm still getting the above errors and no interface etc

Download the latest SVN as explained in this post .

Export your downloaded SVN version to another folder using Export command of Tortoise SVN; you'll end up with your folder containing many folders. Just pick the one named "Rise of Mankind - A New Dawn" and place it in your BTS\Mod folder. That's all.
Or, just download the full version from the main download thread: this way you'll always have the latest revision (or the previous one if AND it's been updated by less that 24 hours).

@45*,
koshling has already fixed the Yield display problem that I reported to him. And there is no Real major change to the coding just an adjustment to Afforess' early coding. You change 2 256 values (maxed out values I might add) to values closer to the need (currently 8 and 15) for a 1600 x1050 resolution. If it drops Ram usage from 1.8GB to 1.2GB for C2C that's 1/3 less. And pretty significant drop in loading times too.

I'll probably change those values in my current AND game to see how it goes.

JosEPh

@45*,
koshling has already fixed the Yield display problem that I reported to him. And there is no Real major change to the coding just an adjustment to Afforess' early coding. You change 2 256 values (maxed out values I might add) to values closer to the need (currently 8 and 15) for a 1600 x1050 resolution. If it drops Ram usage from 1.8GB to 1.2GB for C2C that's 1/3 less. And pretty significant drop in loading times too.

I'll probably change those values in my current AND game to see how it goes.

JosEPh

There is no 'setting' in your current AND game.. Its a setting that Koshling introduced for c2c by way of his DLL changes to that mod.

There is no 'setting' in your current AND game.. Its a setting that Koshling introduced for c2c by way of his DLL changes to that mod.

Exactly, Joseph, it's a Sgtslick pointed out. I need to change the core dll and add those xml options before you're able to change them. ;)

45°38'N-13°47'E;12747120 said:
Download the latest SVN as explained in this post .

Export your downloaded SVN version to another folder using Export command of Tortoise SVN; you'll end up with your folder containing many folders. Just pick the one named "Rise of Mankind - A New Dawn" and place it in your BTS\Mod folder. That's all.
Or, just download the full version from the main download thread: this way you'll always have the latest revision (or the previous one if AND it's been updated by less that 24 hours).
I found one Bug. The new rev660's AI city governor doesn't work well, compared to previous versions. I ticked use AI governor in OPTION, but the governor would not build any unit, just build various building. Obviously it is not same with the AI.

Nvrmnd

If those defines are attributed to Afforess (according to koshling afforess designed and introduced them into AND) then why are they Not in AND's A New Dawn Globsl defines now?

JosEPh

Nvrmnd

If those defines are attributed to Afforess (according to koshling afforess designed and introduced them into AND) then why are they Not in AND's A New Dawn Globsl defines now?

JosEPh

A_New_Dawn_GlobalDefines.xml is not anymore how Afforess left it months ago. Many changes have been made in C2C and have been imported by me in AND: for example Dynamic Great Wall and some multithreading options are found inside A_New_Dawn_GlobalDefines.xml and they weren't introduced by Afforess. They're mostly Koshling's work. :)

I found one Bug. The new rev660's AI city governor doesn't work well, compared to previous versions. I ticked use AI governor in OPTION, but the governor would not build any unit, just build various building. Obviously it is not same with the AI.

Thank you, will look at it. :)

45°38'N-13°47'E;12755143 said:
Thank you, will look at it. :)

Cheers!
Btw. I think ideally the AI city governor should be exactly same as AI's, ie. it could automatically build UNITs, BUILDINGs, and WONDERs.

I'm getting "antsy" over wanting to see Vokarya's tech tree revision implemented.

JosEPh ;)

Top Bottom