AND SVN Build Thread

Is the "download here" link thats updated nightly still being updated with the latest SVN revisions ?

Update: SVN 598 is out.
Tweaks to Forge, Foundry, Factory and Steel Mill build costs and production outputs. Fixed Steel Mill so that when you build it you do not lose Hammers. Also removed Obsolescence from Forge and Foundry.

Enjoy!

JosEPh :)

Update: SVN 598 is out.
Tweaks to Forge, Foundry, Factory and Steel Mill build costs and production outputs. Fixed Steel Mill so that when you build it you do not lose Hammers. Also removed Obsolescence from Forge and Foundry.

Enjoy!

JosEPh :)

Updated to 600, Forge was still going obsolete because you've left the code for Steel Mill which was replacing forge (not making it obsolete); also I've updated Iron Forge and Mali Mint which are the hittite and malinese version of forge. I had already these changes on my pc, except the reduction of costs for Foundry, Steel Mill, Factory and Manufactoring Plant (which I accept, although I would not have changed them yet). The reason why I still had not released these files is that increasing production unbalance the game. By increasing production, you reduce building times and so science output is increased. The problem I'm facing now by modifying production times for units and buildings is that research rate after the middle age is more than doubled (even with a slight 5% change in production times). So the problem will probably arise even now that you've increased production output with buildings and it's VERY difficult to balance this problem. The fact that I'm not here on the forum doesn't mean I'm not working on AND; in fact, I'm working on it almost 2 hours every night. :)

Since I'm retired I, of course, have much more time on my hands. :p

I'm still trying to find what is causing the CTD Bug in Barb World. I "feel" the problem is in the AI for Barbarian Player and Razing cities and not necessarily in the REV python section.

Since I'm getting ahead of your efforts I'll pull back for awhile. Maybe we'll get some feedback over the recent changes in the mean time.

JosEPh

Thanks

JosEPh

Rev 602 is out! Changelog includes:

- working on balancing again tech research which was sped up too much when we introduced production bonuses to forge and other buildings in previous revisions
- removing free commando promotion from units
- dreadnought armor is now a national units (max 5 units) and requires advanced warmachines instead of advanced shielding
- some modification on tech diffusion to help small civs not to fall behind to quickly
- some espionage mission cost updated

I hope you will enjoy rev602 and I wish you all a Merry Christmas; I want to thank especially Joseph for his support and work on AND2 and everyone else who is contributing with testing and suggestions. There's a lot to improve yet, I'm aware of that. For the moment, I hope you will have fun with the latest AND2 version!

MERRY CHRISTMAS To All,

and a :thanx: to 45*38'N for letting me "fiddle" with the mod. :w00t:

JosEPh :D

SVN rev603 is out!

Here's the changelog:

- Small adjustment to Quick gamespeed
- Updated source code for Mastery Victory (solved bug which was causing 100 points being assigned and a fake starship launch when a player was hitting any other victory condition)
- Raised score for SS in MV from 100 to 140 and introduced 100 points for building Ascension Gate (scientific victory)
- Updated Victory Screen accordingly to above modifications
- Temporarily removed unfinished code in BugAlertOptionsTab (WarTrade Alert)
- Compiled new DLL
- Updated Credits

Enjoy! :)

Edit: For those of you using Mastery Victory and wondering why I changed some of the scores (Spaceship and Ascension Gate), I did it because Legendary Cities score was overpowered so I had to find a way to balance it. Basically, if you weren't aiming at getting 4-5 Legendary Cities from the start of the game, you would almost surely lose because AI is very good at getting those 30 points for every Legendary City and usually gets them for many cities. But at the same time I didn't want to change anything in terms of culture produced as I've read from feedbacks that Cultural Victory is working good as it is (if you don't use Mastery).

Quick question: any major fixes in the new DLL (aside from what was listed as fixes in v603)?

What are you looking for?

JosEPh

Quick question: any major fixes in the new DLL (aside from what was listed as fixes in v603)?

No, actually not. As Joseph asked, is there something specific you think should be fixed?

45°38'N-13°47'E;12142911 said:
No, actually not. As Joseph asked, is there something specific you think should be fixed?

I keep getting a nasty CTD (not related to memory or appear to be a MAF). I'm going to get the logs and post, but was curious if there were any known fixes in the recent DLL before posting and taking up folks time. Thanks for the quick response!

Are you using Barb World or Barb Civ? There is a Known bug in Barb World that can show up in Barb Civ. It will cause a seemingly Random CTD but it's not. PythonDbg file from the Log folder will expose the cause. We have yet to find the cause beyond it being in Python Raze City Event. Which has about 6 different locations it pulls things/info from.

JosEPh

Updated to rev606:

- fixed some OOS errors in multiplayer (fix imported from C2C)
- updated sevopedia with new Mastery Victory conditions (Ascension Gate)
- update credits

Edit, I forgot to upload a file

- fix a divide by zero imported from C2C

As you can see, I'm importing fixes and pieces of code from C2C so that we can at least stop some CTDs and OOS errors.
I'm planning to import more code from C2C as it has some significant improvements not only in bug-fixing but also in AI behaviour coding. While bug-fixing is in general quick to import, AI behaviour is a bit harder and has to be evaluated carefully, especially since C2C AI needs might be different from AND AI needs (due to different tech trees, buildings, improvements, etc.)

Edit2: I'm trying a MP game right now and it's working perfectly; no OOS errors since I've applied the fix, about 150 turns ago; right now I'm in the modern era and no OOS or CTDs.

45°38'N-13°47'E;12149481 said:
Updated to rev604 to make Stealth Destroyers and Fusion Destroyers able to spot submarines.

Thanks for that, it drove me crazy trying to track down an enemy submarine.
Saved games from a previous SVN work if I install the new SVN version?

Top Bottom