AND2 and SVN Bug Reports - A New Dawn 2 ONLY

v862 CTD. probably the same as above.

I can not load your minidump, is it possible to have a save from before the crash?

Edit: I saw you posted a save higher up. Looking at that now.

Edit2: I had no crashes in your game, I was able to advance it several turns w/o issues. Save included.

Attachments

• Ken AD-1262.zip
    1.9 MB · Views: 29
zipped log files, all the log files.

The python error log, details 3 different python errors, I assume its to do with rebel spawning.

*Edit* Attached

Thanks for the logs. The error is not actually due to revolutions, but because there is a malformed civilization in the game, a civilization that has a unique building for a building that no longer exists in the game.

I am adding some code to Revolutions so that in this sort of case, it doesn't print errors and instead logs which civ has the issue so it can be debugged later.

Hello and happy new year:)

Why I can see every players research in technology advisor? I have not even met those civs..

Rev 865, no modifications or modmods

Attachments

• Civ4ScreenShot0001.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0001.JPG
    206.2 KB · Views: 56
Happy new year to all :)

It seems missionaries won't auto-propagate through the map when asked for. The button automatically send them throught non-converted owned cities, but once propagated to all owned cities, they won't go to other players cities. Is that intended ?
Here's a savegame.

EDIT: On this save, you could also notice that i've enabled flexible diff for the AI and me. While i'm at +150 ahead the second, the diff for me is immortal whereas the second has divinity. I've never increased to divinity while i'm ahead for long !

Attachments

• missionary_bug.CivBeyondSwordSave.zip
    1 MB · Views: 39
I used to play AND on my old system (windows 7 and windows XP)I now have a newlaptop. I installed all the civilizations and the Beyond the the Sword update. I then installed AND (and many times over on different versions). I even went to the extent of installing all of the CIVS again after removing them (I did this about 3 times). For some reason all of the CIV games work, however, no matter what I try I cannot get AND to launch. I have tried many other things such as disabling my UAC. Please help me AND is thebest game ever created and I want to play again.

Why I can see every players research in technology advisor? I have not even met those civs..

I've never even noticed that tab, I'll have a look. Thanks

Happy new year to all :)

It seems missionaries won't auto-propagate through the map when asked for. The button automatically send them throught non-converted owned cities, but once propagated to all owned cities, they won't go to other players cities. Is that intended ?
Here's a savegame.

EDIT: On this save, you could also notice that i've enabled flexible diff for the AI and me. While i'm at +150 ahead the second, the diff for me is immortal whereas the second has divinity. I've never increased to divinity while i'm ahead for long !
I haven't checked your save but are you sure you can propagate your religion to other civs? I mean, they could run intolerant and hence you can't spread religion there.
Also about flexible AI, it doesn't depend on your current score. If that civ was stronger in the past, it went up to deity and then you got a higher score because of this. Next check, you'll probably go up too. If that civ falls behind more, it will get down to immortal. I'll have to change default frequency check for flex difficulty, 50 turns is way too much. 10 definitely works better.

I don't have that tab; are you sure that you're not playing with cheat mode on?

Do you mean chipotle thing? Yes I have that on, always has been.

It is possible that I just never noticed that before:) I thought chipotle only effect world builder..? I remember reading somewhere in forums years ago that its good to have that on?

45°38'N-13°47'E;13622306 said:
I haven't checked your save but are you sure you can propagate your religion to other civs?
I'm 100% sure, as i've done it manually instead.

45°38'N-13°47'E;13622306 said:
Also about flexible AI, it doesn't depend on your current score. If that civ was stronger in the past, it went up to deity and then you got a higher score because of this. Next check, you'll probably go up too. If that civ falls behind more, it will get down to immortal. I'll have to change default frequency check for flex difficulty, 50 turns is way too much. 10 definitely works better.

Ok. But i'm nearly ahead since the start, so i should be in deity, as all the followers were at. I'm at 30 turns, i'll try with 10.

Do you mean chipotle thing? Yes I have that on, always has been.

It is possible that I just never noticed that before:) I thought chipotle only effect world builder..? I remember reading somewhere in forums years ago that its good to have that on?

Chipotle is cheat mode. It allows you to see everyone's techs, civics, etc. (Check out the civic menu, you can switch civs!)

Its all there for debugging. Alt/Shift/Control on tiles shows debug AI info on tiles too.

Uranium is not listed in the Bug options, A New Dawn tab, Rise of Mankind options, resource display.

Solution - Add Uranium to the resource listing, probably others, but only noticed this one :eek: and I haven't disabled nuclear weapons, or voted them out as yet..as yet.

*Edit* Uranium appears as a luxury resource, in the world display, and not a General resource.
Coal, Lead Methane ice and Oil, appear as food, and not General. *Salt appears in food, ~ Hmm ok

While your at it, the Ship notifications, when you get a result from an event involving shipping, it should say, "Has SUNK"..., or "Was SUNK BY"... and not destroyed a "...." as it currently does.

Solution - Change the notification text to read "Sunk by, has Sunk", as the case maybe for shipping units.

*Edit* I've just received the Geo-Thermal event, and I paid 7K :gold: for power to all cities on this continent.

It hasn't obsoleted the Coal power stations I have in about 7 cities.

Solution - With Geothermal power event, or Geo-thermal power in general, it should obsolete other power sources, or those that cause harm and pollution, coal, Nuclear, Oil, Possibly even Hydro?? supplanted?? Note, I can still build Oil and Coal power plants in Mainland cities that have received the Geo-thermal power event, should be obsoleted.

*Edit 2*

Another thing I've notice, the diplomacy, needs an over haul. I'm currently not at war with any civ, and haven't been for over 500+ Years, but they still hold the "This war is not going well for us" demerit against me.

If the wars over, shouldn't it be removed, or held as "That last war was a "...." various merits and demerits depending on the conduct of the war, who was winning etc.

If its because I'm blockading their "Continents" with my Pirate fleet, they really shouldn't hold a grudge against myself, as I'm using "Hidden Nationality" vessels. Even though I'm the only one technologically advance enough to field these fleets.

Pedantic - yes,
petty - very much so,
is it me - very much so.
:mischief:

45°38'N-13°47'E;13622368 said:
It doesn't matter if you're ahead, it matters if you're more than one standard deviation above average. If you're not, you'll keep your current level.

I've found the cause:
In flexible diff settings, i've chosen "Max: Deity" thinking it would set me to deity at max. IN FACT, it put the AI on deity, but NOT ME. I was stuck at Deity-1 (immortal). By switching to "No maximum", it set me to deity nearly instantly.

I think this a bug as the setting should behave the same for the AI and the humans.

I have to say that i don't play the mod so often, but i find it really enjoyable with all that tweaks !

I'm fairly sure it's not like that and your handicap would have changed anyway. If you can, try again from a save before you set No Maximum, without changing this setting. If it doesn't change your level after a few turns, please post that save.

Uranium is not listed in the Bug options, A New Dawn tab, Rise of Mankind options, resource display.

Solution - Add Uranium to the resource listing, probably others, but only noticed this one :eek: and I haven't disabled nuclear weapons, or voted them out as yet..as yet.

*Edit* Uranium appears as a luxury resource, in the world display, and not a General resource.
Coal, Lead Methane ice and Oil, appear as food, and not General. *Salt appears in food, ~ Hmm ok

:

This is old "bug", it has been around in many years and not only AND2. Its probably easy to fix since there are mods where people have reported this and its been fixed.

Some game play improvements.

1. Glass Smith, should only have a city effect, not an empire wide affect in providing glassware to all cities, only really need to build one to have goods effect and happiness. Further glassware should be required to build the Observatory in THAT city.

2. Highway's come too late, Railroads are earlier and better, just remove from game.

3. When you have don't show obsolete building on, your still given the option between mine and modern mine, work shops and factories, the 1st option should have been replaced by the 2nd option. As well, shouldn't be able to destroy a mine, by building a windmill upon the tile, then go and build a Modern mine IMMEDIATELY. It should default to Mines, and have to be worked for the time period before being advanced.

4. Great Commander promotion, “continues to attack at full strength”, doesn't work, if units have used up all movement, they can't attack regardless.

5. Mine still shows when Modern mine is available, and hide replaced buildings is selected, along with non selection in automations.

6. Golden age generation is limited to 7 different types of great people, which is the limit that you have, you can't begin a golden age needing 8, it should be limited to 7 different types, and not incrementing by 1 each time.

7. Once you've achieved a Continental wide power event, 3 Gorges Dam, Geo-Thermal power event, Fission power plants. They should obsolete all other power sources, and remove them from availability to build.

8. Penalties and boons should be scaled to map size, set as a % of Treasury or Commerce generated. This would make it more equitable for all map sizes, and remove the +10 gold boon/Penality, when your making 50K+.

9. Cash rushing, should be scaled to map size as well, if not to commerce as well. Cash rushing is just too cheap, with no real penalty now, with no inflation.

10. Looter, should apply to blockading units as well. If they can receive gold from blockading, why can't they benefit from the looter promotion as well.

11. Barbarians continue to attack with out dated units. They can range from Frigates, down to War Galley's and Siege Trireme's. Heavy swordsmen, when they have mounted infantry, They should uniformly attack with the highest level unit.

12. Workers should have an upgrade path, they should be able to be upgraded to Clone and then to Android workers. Just as Workshops, mines, cottages etc upgrade, so should workers.

Top Bottom