AND2 and SVN Bug Reports - A New Dawn 2 ONLY

Last update of the game:

i think that the last update you made destroyed the NPC i play on Hard but the NPC can not be strong anymore his capital city is after 1200 turns only 3 or 4 because of much unhapppynes, i know you wanted to make it for the players harder but it is easier now because i know what to research and what to produce to fix my happynes but the computer doesnt know it.
That's nonsense, added unhappiness doesn't affect capital in any way since it's caused by distance from capital and consequently always 0 in the capital. If their capital doesn't grow, there's some other factor.

Last update of the game:

i think that the last update you made destroyed the NPC i play on Hard but the NPC can not be strong anymore his capital city is after 1200 turns only 3 or 4 because of much unhapppynes, i know you wanted to make it for the players harder but it is easier now because i know what to research and what to produce to fix my happynes but the computer doesnt know it.

You can check to see where the unhappiness is actually coming from if you have Debug Mode enabled and hit Ctrl-Z to enter it. Double-click on their city and you can look inside as if it was a spy on the tile, but you get far more information about it.

As 45 said though, if it's their capitol they can't be suffering from "Distance to Capitol" penalties in their own capitol :crazyeye:

EDIT: Yes, setting game to unlimited stacking (the 'zero' option) ended all the CTD. Thank you for help with this. My workaround, is when an overpowered SOD approaches, use world-builder to delete the stack, and replace the units in scattered locations nearby, adjacent. Can't add back promotions so I guesstimate how many generals would make it a wash.

45°38'N-13°47'E;13799802 said:
Set 0 units per tile, which stands for unlimited and see if it crashes again. I suggest avoiding less than 10-15 units per tile

Thank you for replying.
1. OK, for bug checking, I will check it as 15+ units per square. And see if it crashes. And post results here.

2.I absolutely hate the SOD, and stacks of 10+ units. It destroys the game for me. So I won't be playing it, if that's the case.

3. This is, by far, the best mod for civ4 to come out in many years. (Rhyes n Fall, and FfH2 are tops.) This AND2 is Really excellent - and I love what you all have done. So many fixes and realistic settings, wonders, buildings, etc. Very wonderful is AND2 - Thank you all! :) :) :)

Yes you Are Right Maybe it is something Else, but the Problem is the Computer Research and expand really slowly Even when i Increase the level.

It is so Sinne the Last few updates, that i saw it.

Anyway Maybe there is something wrong in my game i Dont know,

Does it help to disable the debug? And of yes how i can do that?

45°38'N-13°47'E;13800399 said:
That's nonsense, added unhappiness doesn't affect capital in any way since it's caused by distance from capital and consequently always 0 in the capital. If their capital doesn't grow, there's some other factor.

2.I absolutely hate the SOD, and stacks of 10+ units. It destroys the game for me. So I won't be playing it, if that's the case.

In contrast, I can't stand 1UPT and is the reason I refuse to touch CivV or Beyond Earth no matter what :crazyeye:
10 units is a pretty small number to dislike though!

Yes you Are Right Maybe it is something Else, but the Problem is the Computer Research and expand really slowly Even when i Increase the level.

It is so Sinne the Last few updates, that i saw it.

Anyway Maybe there is something wrong in my game i Dont know,

Does it help to disable the debug? And of yes how i can do that?

Are you using Realistic Timescale in the BUG options? That should help them if they're falling behind for whatever reason.

Not sure what you mean by 'disable debug' - it's always off by default, you have to enable it yourself, and it won't help the game any (other than showing you the world map, letting you peek into cities, see all resources, what techs they have, and holding down keys to see AI's planned routes for unit stacks, etc). Enabling it or keeping it disabled doesn't affect the AI at all, I merely mentioned it so you could see what was causing the AI's cities to be unhappy :)

In contrast, I can't stand 1UPT and is the reason I refuse to touch CivV or Beyond Earth no matter what :crazyeye:

Are you using Realistic Timescale in the BUG options? That should help them if they're falling behind for whatever reason.

Not sure what you mean by 'disable debug' - it's always off by default, you have to enable it yourself, and it won't help the game any (other than showing you the world map, letting you peek into cities, see all resources, what techs they have, and holding down keys to see AI's planned routes for unit stacks, etc). Enabling it or keeping it disabled doesn't affect the AI at all, I merely mentioned it so you could see what was causing the AI's cities to be unhappy :)

thank you for your help, btw where exactly i can find the Bug option to change the realistic timescale?

thank you for your help, btw where exactly i can find the Bug option to change the realistic timescale?
A New Dawn tab, last option on the bottom right side. I'm working anyway on timescale and handicap, there will be some correction.

Edit: the problem of AI teching too fast is caused by some handicap tag, but I'm currently testing some correction. When I upload my changes, if you're using Realistic Timescale AI will always develop and research techs more or less along the real world timeline. Handicap will only make it harder for humans if you increase your handicap while currently it's making it harder for humans and easier for AI at the same time, which means increased tech pace for AI.

I also don't care for civ5. Graphics are nice - but game play is lame. Beyond Earth? Ditto. I wish they would take Alpha Centauri / crossfire and just update the engine/graphics. Its way better than beyond earth. Way better. IMHO.

I have quest to rule the seas (classical/medieval). Says to build 6 'harbors' and 4 ships (forget which ones - but i did in game) My tech, at the time the quest was given, already had harbors replaced with a more advanced 'building.' Is this why quest impossible to complete? If so, perhaps the quest checking AI could be modified to look for said building / units AND except successor buildings / units are valid for purposes of completing quest.

I have quest to rule the seas (classical/medieval). Says to build 6 'harbors' and 4 ships (forget which ones - but i did in game) My tech, at the time the quest was given, already had harbors replaced with a more advanced 'building.' Is this why quest impossible to complete? If so, perhaps the quest checking AI could be modified to look for said building / units AND except successor buildings / units are valid for purposes of completing quest.

The quest (Harbormaster) is actually supposed to check for Ports, not Harbors, and does count upgrades. We need to update the game text.

The portion of the Python code looks like this:
Code:
	iHarbor = gc.getInfoTypeForString("BUILDINGCLASS_PORT")
	iHarborsRequired = gc.getWorldInfo(gc.getMap().getWorldSize()).getDefaultPlayers()
	if iHarborsRequired > player.getBuildingClassCountWithUpgrades(iHarbor):
		return False
I don't see anything that would cause it to not work the way it is supposed to.

Do you have a save game for the quest? I can check and see if it is working properly.

Technically, right now, the quest is impossible to complete... because I screwed up the other Python check for the number of ships required. I will fix both that and the game text for the Harbormaster quest.

I made a update of the game and typed after i loaded the game (no) when it asked me if i want to change the DLL, but how i can do it manually? strg+alt+?

Ctrl-Shift-T.

Storms and the BUG reminder can't be disabled with the newest version.
Storms don't just disappear IIRC. There won't be any newly generated storms and those already there will dissipate over time. As for reminder it works if you quit and reload the game.

45°38'N-13°47'E;13805842 said:
Storms don't just disappear IIRC. There won't be any newly generated storms and those already there will dissipate over time. As for reminder it works if you quit and reload the game.

I noticed this, after I reloaded the game. The storm was still there, as well as the reminder text after each turn. This reminder could be turned off before, I don't know why this doesn't work anymore.

I noticed this, after I reloaded the game. The storm was still there, as well as the reminder text after each turn. This reminder could be turned off before, I don't know what this doesn't work anymore.

Do we really need that reminder??? :confused:
It's annoying me since 1.75 and coming back time after time like a bad flu.
Could you remove that text entirely never to come back again, please?
If someone forgets the hot key combo, he can still come and ask it here.

Do we really need that reminder??? :confused:
It's annoying me since 1.75 and coming back time after time like a bad flu.
Could you remove that text entirely never to come back again, please?
If someone forgets the hot key combo, he can still come and ask it here.

Or they can just click on the BUG Icon itself :lol:
Does the same thing!

Top Bottom