AND2 and SVN Bug Reports - A New Dawn 2 ONLY

since you've reported it, I'll confirm that error, it doesn't interfere with any other map's or games. Must be the 'fix' that was applied, broke something else.

Don't use Perfect mongoose, didn't even know it existed, but it's there.

@Vokarya and IPEX, you're right, I haven't checked the mapscript before uploading; I'm trying a merge with C2C mapscript but I get some errors (rivers in the ocean to be exact); hopefully I can fix it during the weekend.

In the meantime I suggest everyone to stay on rev628

If I'm not able to fix that mapscript, I'll revert to rev628.

Hi everyone,

I have recently downloaded Rise Of Mankind - A New Dawn 2 (the full installer), and installed Civilization IV (with Warlords, Beyond The Sword and patch 3.19).

But I encountered a quiet annoying bug : when I play a game, it crashes after 5 minutes or so, around turn 5 - 10.

The game just stops working after the end of a turn, and nothing is happening (I waited 15 minutes).

I tried to fix it by reinstalling the game, by playing another maps, smaller maps, with only one CPU, nothing work.
When I play a game of Beyond The Sword, I don't have this bug. That's why i'm assuming it's due to something in "A new Dawn 2", and why I'm here, asking for your help.

Let me know if you need more details or some logs.

Oh, and I'm playing in French (I just tried a game in English, it also crashed) and I installed all the components of the mod (the two graphic options suggested during installation).

Thanks for your help, for your time and for this great mod and your work on it ;)

45°38'N-13°47'E;12378468 said:
@Vokarya and IPEX, you're right, I haven't checked the mapscript before uploading; I'm trying a merge with C2C mapscript but I get some errors (rivers in the ocean to be exact); hopefully I can fix it during the weekend.

In the meantime I suggest everyone to stay on rev628

If I'm not able to fix that mapscript, I'll revert to rev628.

Actually, this error looks like it's just a simple missing tab in the code. The screenshot points to a particular line number, and this is the code around there:
Code:
	def PlotCanHaveBonus(self, plot, eBonus, bIgnoreLatitude, bIgnoreArea):
		#This function is like CvPlot::canHaveBonus but will
		#ignore blocking features and checks for a valid area.
		gc = CyGlobalContext()
		featureForest = gc.getInfoTypeForString("FEATURE_FOREST")
		if eBonus == BonusTypes.NO_BONUS:
			return True
		if plot.getBonusType(TeamTypes.NO_TEAM) != BonusTypes.NO_BONUS:
			return False
		if plot.isPeak():
			if not gc.getGame().isOption(GameOptionTypes.GAMEOPTION_MOUNTAINS) or not bonusInfo.isPeaks():
			return False

The last line is the line that's triggering the problem. Because it's right after an IF statement, it needs to be indented one more level. I tried adding an extra TAB and it doesn't produce any error messages any more.

Hi everyone,

I have recently downloaded Rise Of Mankind - A New Dawn 2 (the full installer), and installed Civilization IV (with Warlords, Beyond The Sword and patch 3.19).

But I encountered a quiet annoying bug : when I play a game, it crashes after 5 minutes or so, around turn 5 - 10.

The game just stops working after the end of a turn, and nothing is happening (I waited 15 minutes).

I tried to fix it by reinstalling the game, by playing another maps, smaller maps, with only one CPU, nothing work.
When I play a game of Beyond The Sword, I don't have this bug. That's why i'm assuming it's due to something in "A new Dawn 2", and why I'm here, asking for your help.

Let me know if you need more details or some logs.

Oh, and I'm playing in French (I just tried a game in English, it also crashed) and I installed all the components of the mod (the two graphic options suggested during installation).

Thanks for your help, for your time and for this great mod and your work on it ;)

Savegame before the CTD and details on what you were doing up to the CTD please.

JosEPh

Savegame before the CTD and details on what you were doing up to the CTD please.

JosEPh

You can download the savegame here.
If I end the turn on this one, I have a CTD.

I tried (in another game) to let my warrior in my city and not explore with him. And I still have a CTD in less than 10 turns. I have changed the leader, the map, the victory conditions, some options... Nothing worked.

I think I have a bug with the IA. It wants to do something but can't, and falls in a loop or something (because it always occurs why I end a turn).

Thanks for your time gentlemen.

EDIT : I made a 1vs1 (versus IA) and I didn't have CTD at all. Do you think my CTD in normal games can be caused by interactions between IAs ?

Actually, this error looks like it's just a simple missing tab in the code. The screenshot points to a particular line number, and this is the code around there:
Code:
	def PlotCanHaveBonus(self, plot, eBonus, bIgnoreLatitude, bIgnoreArea):
		#This function is like CvPlot::canHaveBonus but will
		#ignore blocking features and checks for a valid area.
		gc = CyGlobalContext()
		featureForest = gc.getInfoTypeForString("FEATURE_FOREST")
		if eBonus == BonusTypes.NO_BONUS:
			return True
		if plot.getBonusType(TeamTypes.NO_TEAM) != BonusTypes.NO_BONUS:
			return False
		if plot.isPeak():
			if not gc.getGame().isOption(GameOptionTypes.GAMEOPTION_MOUNTAINS) or not bonusInfo.isPeaks():
			return False

The last line is the line that's triggering the problem. Because it's right after an IF statement, it needs to be indented one more level. I tried adding an extra TAB and it doesn't produce any error messages any more.

You're perfectly right, will be updated in the next revision. Thank you Vokarya.

45°38'N-13°47'E;12382668 said:
You're perfectly right, will be updated in the next revision. Thank you Vokarya.

I am having the same problem - what do I have to change (in what file) to get the game running?

I am having the same problem - what do I have to change (in what file) to get the game running?

It's in PrivateMaps folder, Perfectmongoose mapscript, but I suggest you don't do it yet. And that's because even if you're able to create a map, you'll probably always get the warning that the map has unfair starting locations, so something else need to be changed. I'm currently merging the mapscript from C2C, it should be better (I've done some quick test), especially because the current mapscript creates very few rivers.

45°38'N-13°47'E;12382720 said:
It's in PrivateMaps folder, Perfectmongoose mapscript, but I suggest you don't do it yet. And that's because even if you're able to create a map, you'll probably always get the warning that the map has unfair starting locations, so something else need to be changed. I'm currently merging the mapscript from C2C, it should be better (I've done some quick test), especially because the current mapscript creates very few rivers.

So I'll have to wait for the next updated version of the mod?

Rev 632: I don't think SHOW_BUILDINGS_LEVEL is working properly. I've been trying out my new buildings and I notice the building models are appearing normally in the city. SHOW_BUILDINGS_LEVEL is set to 3 where it always has been, but buildings like the Granary are appearing and the idea is that this is supposed to hide all of them. It's fairly easy to test; start a new game, found your first city, zoom in as close as you can and open WorldBuilder. If you use WorldBuilder to edit the city, the building models will appear and disappear.

45°38'N-13°47'E;12383333 said:
I'll release the update in a few hours probably. :)

So - is the updated version up yet? where can I find it?

I'm getting some crashes at the the end of a random turn in the modern era, the game just freezes and wont respond. Using rev628

Windows log:

Spoiler :
Description:
A problem caused this program to stop interacting with Windows.

Signature of the problem:
Problem Event Name: Apphangb1
Application Name: Civ4BeyondSword.exe
Application Version: 3.1.9.0
Stamp Date / Time of Application: 4a0c27e6
Signature Failed: 9cac
Type Failed: 2048
OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.1
Locale ID: 1046
Additional Signature Failed 1: 9cac557c222311a15eb14ecb8187a52d
Additional Signature Failed 2: 0f65
Additional Signature Failed 3: 0f65e2f87fae496cd7f72dbba65b14cc
Additional Signature Failed 4: 9cac
Additional Signature Failed 5: 9cac557c222311a15eb14ecb8187a52d
Additional Signature Failed 6: 0f65
Additional Signature Failed 7: 0f65e2f87fae496cd7f72dbba65b14cc

Here's another thing I noticed that I think can be removed without causing problems but isn't hurting anything at the moment. The Civilopedia currently has two buildings named Stele; one is the Ethiopian UB and the other seems to be a Monument replacement. In the XML code, this building is listed as BUILDING_ABYSSINIA_STELE. We don't have an Abyssinian civilization in AND at the moment, so this may have been intended as a UB for a civilization that never got implemented, but I think it might be better to just comment it out. What do you think?

OOS, turn 446 (2 human players, direct IP), REV 626

I have attached the OOS logs in case they are helpful. The game has been very stable up until this point, but now the OOS errors are starting to occur after 10 or 12 turns.

Any ideas as to what may be causing the problems?

Attachments

• OOSLogs - Turn 446.zip
    257.5 KB · Views: 40
Top Bottom