AND2 and SVN Bug Reports - A New Dawn 2 ONLY

I have a problem with obsidian going obsolete.

I have at least 10+, I counted 4 around 3 cities, all with quarries, but is says I have Zero obsidian resources available/in cities.

I feel this may have happened around the time of Architecture and the obsoleting of Stone cutters.

I still have stone and marble, and they are being used by the masons guild.

Spoiler :
attach photo on no obsidian

If its just me, its my game, as I've noticed a few cities don't have a working foundry, with pop's of 15+ but with 2+ upset citizens, maybe that's it?? and a lot of inland cities seem to have a fishers hut, with only a river or lake and no fish, crabs, shrimp,whale.

Obsidian goes obsolete with Metallurgy tech. If you have foundries, then you have Metallurgy. The only units that can be built with Obsidian are Ancient Era or the Classical Era Heavy Horseman. Once those units go obsolete, there isn't a need for the resource.

well, to provide a counter point to that, in the civopedia, it says that obsidian is used in high end surgical tools, for the clean cutting blades.

Metallurgy seems way too soon to have a resource go obsolete, it should provide some medical benefit, such as a health bonus with hospitals, and maybe a bonus with jewelery shops such as commerce.

If a resources runs out with mine depletion, that's fine, real life, same for quarries, etc. But having such narrow use.

well, to provide a counter point to that, in the civopedia, it says that obsidian is used in high end surgical tools, for the clean cutting blades.

Metallurgy seems way too soon to have a resource go obsolete, it should provide some medical benefit, such as a health bonus with hospitals, and maybe a bonus with jewelery shops such as commerce.

tbh, that should've been done long ago. Obsidian's too niche, with the ancient/classical era units, and it'd really benefit via jewellery and hospital usage.

If a resources runs out with mine depletion, that's fine, real life, same for quarries, etc. But having such narrow use.

P.S. doesn't say obsidian obsoletes at Metallurgy either in Civopedia or in tech tree. No crossed out box.

Yes the Civilopedia and F6 screen do say that Metallurgy obsoletes Obsidian.
View attachment 411255View attachment 411256View attachment 411257

And I am absolutely NOT buying that Obsidian is worth anything as a health bonus to hospitals (I sliced that out some time ago) or to jewelry on the same scale as gold/silver/gems. The Civilopedia does need help, but I'm waiting on that until we get everything else in place. Obsidian is meant to be an early alternative to metals that loses its usefulness once real metalworking is developed.

my Sevopedia says no word to helath bonus and hospitals, and if such would be somewhere, it is wrong.
Obsidian is a vulcan glass and right with 1 hammer up from stone tools and gives 1 unhealth because mining.
It gives a little advantage for stone tools and weapons before metals used for weapons, because obsidian often is as sharp peaces.
So I see no failure in current SVN and Sevopedia.
With metal weapons Obsidian has no more need.

---

another AI's teleport:

diligent Egyptian worker build a triere autonomous and trasnsport it over land hunded of miles through enemy territory to the next lake
:lol:

Attachments

• 0.jpg
    0.jpg
    33.5 KB · Views: 267
when turn starts I get message that Inka accept peace (I have war with).
When I contact him, he refuses peace offer.

Then I used diplomat to force peace treaty. Got related message in blue that diplomat contrained a peace, but I'm still in war with Inka. Made same operation with another diplomat 2 turns later, and the same again. Got message but no peace happens.

Edit:
same operation times ago in same game but with another civ did work fine, so it may be a special Inka problem.

when click next turn (sav is attached here) I have 0 (zero) money, research etc. is set back to 0, too, like at game start.
Get notification I have domination victory (more than 33%), but never had such before.

Edit
made some tests, problem is not related to the domination victory, maybe randomly in same turn.

Edit 2
made some changes and it happened not again with getting dominationvictory, but when I come to same year (1771) my workers goto a walkout (never seen this before, is that new?) and with that I lost all my collected money and got it not back when they started working again. This can't be right that the whole civ assets got lost.

SVN 1033 / SVN 1034

Attachments

• bug_with_money.-1771.7z
    6.4 MB · Views: 262
Hi,

been having ramdom problems/bugs... finnally decided to investigate and find out if I'm crazy or what, so here I am.

In this saved game I'm about to discover 'Dualismus' tech. So when I click next round I discover the tech but don't found 'Zoroastrism' religion.

I can see that 'Kemetismus' was already discovered but not 'Zoroastrismus'. So how come doesn't it get founded by me?

I tried updating and recalculating variables but that didn't help. I believe the current save is on version/revision 1033 from RoM AnD2. But I tried also with revision 1034.

The game was custom game: only me and one other civ in a 'barbarian world' and 'wütende barbarians'(angry barbarians?)... so right now there are only three civs yet, I believe.

Would anyone take a look on it? Tried going to the .XMLs to try and locate some flaw but could only find the main mention of the religions in 'CIV4ReligionInfo.xml' but where is the command to found a religion? Looked on 'CIV4TechInfos.xml', but it's not there. Is this part hardcoded?

Is it possible that it has anything to do with the barbarians becoming minor civs and civs?

Thanks
View attachment Boudicco v. Chr.-2196.CivBeyondSwordSave

Hi,

been having ramdom problems/bugs... finnally decided to investigate and find out if I'm crazy or what, so here I am.

In this saved game I'm about to discover 'Dualismus' tech. So when I click next round I discover the tech but don't found 'Zoroastrism' religion.

I can see that 'Kemetismus' was already discovered but not 'Zoroastrismus'. So how come doesn't it get founded by me?

I tried updating and recalculating variables but that didn't help. I believe the current save is on version/revision 1033 from RoM AnD2. But I tried also with revision 1034.

The game was custom game: only me and one other civ in a 'barbarian world' and 'wütende barbarians'(angry barbarians?)... so right now there are only three civs yet, I believe.

Would anyone take a look on it? Tried going to the .XMLs to try and locate some flaw but could only find the main mention of the religions in 'CIV4ReligionInfo.xml' but where is the command to found a religion? Looked on 'CIV4TechInfos.xml', but it's not there. Is this part hardcoded?

Is it possible that it has anything to do with the barbarians becoming minor civs and civs?

Thanks
View attachment 411339

I think you are seeing a bug that has been reported before. Checking in WorldBuilder reveals the Barbarians have Dualism. They probably got to it first and the bug is that the "first to discover tech" flag is tripped, but the barbarians don't get any actual effects of being the first to discover the tech. It's not something I can fix.

when click next turn (sav is attached here) I have 0 (zero) money, research etc. is set back to 0, too, like at game start.
Get notification I have domination victory (more than 33%), but never had such before.

Edit
made some tests, problem is not related to the domination victory, maybe randomly in same turn.

Edit 2
made some changes and it happened not again with getting dominationvictory, but when I come to same year (1771) my workers goto a walkout (never seen this before, is that new?) and with that I lost all my collected money and got it not back when they started working again. This can't be right that the whole civ assets got lost.

SVN 1033 / SVN 1034

I think you have TOO MUCH gold. You're very close to 2147483648 gold (2^31) and something is causing you to go over that. I can't see anything in the event log that would give you extra gold. I also tried rushing the biggest buildings possible in every city and reducing gold down to 0% and still got the problem.

I think you have TOO MUCH gold. You're very close to 2147483648 gold (2^31) and something is causing you to go over that. I can't see anything in the event log that would give you extra gold. I also tried rushing the biggest buildings possible in every city and reducing gold down to 0% and still got the problem.

by what this 2.147.483.648 gold (2^31) is a limit?

The thing is "strike" (or walkout) for 1 turn, which I also never had before in a game. Made several games im past months (svn 1019 - 1020) with setting StartingGold=99.999.999 and they all worked fine and never had a "strike" or such. "Strike" and lost all money never had before.

(In this scenario I give all civs 999.999 starting gold and wanted to see how the AI will manage it. Editing in world builder is not possibe, as then the max amount to set is 5000, if you set more it stores 5000 nevertheless when exit worldbuilder. Can't find where this 5000 border is set in world builder and where to change that. )

by what this 2.147.483.648 gold (2^31) is a limit?
An integer can range from −2 147 483 648 to +2 147 483 647.
So cannot have more gold than that.
The same limitations are true about other values too, like :culture: :food: :hammers: :science: etc...

An integer can range from −2 147 483 648 to +2 147 483 647.
So cannot have more gold than that.
The same limitations are true about other values too, like :culture: :food: :hammers: :science: etc...

ok, thanks.
then I'm confused as I started with 99.999.999 starting gold and not watched when/how it got up to such higher value.

I just detect that there is made one change in svn 1034 that is not in documentation and is to fix partially:

give gold per turn to another civ is limited to 9 (1 char only) while give gold one times is now free up to 999.999 (6 chars)

before svn1034 both had been maximum 5000

monthly limit has to fix to give up to (minimum 9999) 4 chars or better 5 chars
(and, if it is possible, make this change also direct for world builder, so that it is possible to set gold for a civ by worldbuilder up to 99.999.999 or minimum 9.999.999 (8 chars, minimum 6 chars) what would make it more easy to set up a scenario.

Attachments

• 0.jpg
    0.jpg
    5.5 KB · Views: 295
  • 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    5.1 KB · Views: 231
I just detect that there is made one change in svn 1034 that is not in documentation and is to fix partially:

give gold per turn to another civ is limited to 9 (1 char only) while give gold one times is now free up to 999.999 (6 chars)

(and, if it is possible, make this change also direct for world builder, so that it is possible to set gold for a civ by worldbuilder up to 99.999.999 or minimum 9.999.999 (8 chars, minimum 6 chars) what would make it more easy to set up a scenario.

IIRC you can give :gold:/turn only as much as your income is. So if you generate 9:gold:/turn you can offer 9, if 900 than 900.

No change has been made in this sense, not now nor in any revision in the last three years. Probably something on your side.

ok, thanks.
then I'm confused as I started with 99.999.999 starting gold and not watched when/how it got up to such higher value.
I suggest you don't try such values or you'll end up with overflow problems like it already happened. Game is not designed for this, not even original BTS.

Top Bottom