AND2 and SVN Bug Reports - A New Dawn 2 ONLY

IIRC you can give :gold:/turn only as much as your income is. So if you generate 9:gold:/turn you can offer 9, if 900 than 900.
this is so not true

1) the field size for give per turn as well as for one times have changed. Before they had 4 or 5 chars possible to put in, while with save the window it got set to 5000 if you typed in more than 5000 (same, as it is in world builder.

Now with this new size you cannot give i.e. 500/turn, as there is one field only.

2) before that I give Katherina 500 gold/turn althought I had negtive income, but enough money in tresory. This never before had a relation to the free net income.

this change I noticed not before, and the only change I made was update to 1034 yesterday.

45°38'N-13°47'E;14428946 said:
I suggest you don't try such values or you'll end up with overflow problems like it already happened. Game is not designed for this, not even original BTS.

a mod and a scenario always is something that is not "designed" in original BTS. So that is not an argument, as I notice things that did work fine before with same settings. I made several games with these and all w/o problems. So in general it IS open to do such settings. (except the overflow issue above, but that also is not causeed by the settings as same did work before, it may have another reason. Question is why the gold went up to the limit of 2.147.483.647 as the difference to the start gold of 99.999.999 is too big for collecting by regular turns. But this and the "strike" issue I had not before with same starting gold, so it is caused by another change or maybe new feature or building or whatever, compared to svn 1019-1020).

btw: how I downgrade a svn version?

see images attached.
The treasury goes up each turn althought I run negative, pay more that my income is and by that the treasury should go down, not go up.

Each turn it adds lot of money. I suspect it is the world bank.
increases the total gold by 50% and also gives 2% interest each turn.

Because that the available income/turn is less than the income incl. interest, but correct would be that the interest counts as available income, free to use for research or other each turn.

With the current calculation an overflow is programmed, each turn I get ~ more than 400.000 interest but can't use it as it counts not as income but get added to the treasury only. But interest has to count as income/turn and be available for regulary use/costs.

Attachments

• 03.jpg
    03.jpg
    25.9 KB · Views: 270
  • 04.jpg
    04.jpg
    25.3 KB · Views: 310
Hi,
I'played newest revision (1034) using Direct IP. Generally everything was ok... until I realised that all AI civilizations are Friendly to me and to each other despite my diplomatic choices. I've chacked the "log" of diplomatic relations with each AI on my list and even at the begining of game (within first ~50 turns) there were positive diplomatic scores for things like:
- not helping them during the war (even though there was no wars),
- razing their Holy City
etc, etc.

Has anyone noticed that too?
Any ideas what it may be caused by?

Thanks in front for helping.

Hi,
I'played newest revision (1034) using Direct IP. Generally everything was ok... until I realised that all AI civilizations are Friendly to me and to each other despite my diplomatic choices. I've chacked the "log" of diplomatic relations with each AI on my list and even at the begining of game (within first ~50 turns) there were positive diplomatic scores for things like:
- razing their Holy City
etc, etc.

Are you playing Multiplayer? If so, next time please report it in the multiplayer subforum. Anyway I've just noticed the problem, my fault, something I've accidentally caused with the latest revision. I'll fix it in the next update but I can't revert the relationships to what they were before the bug.

Hi,
is there any workaround for the issue relating to selection of units in a city when there are also air units present?

Specifically, when I've a bunch of injured units in a city, I want to select them all with Ctrl-H, but if an injured air unit is present, this key shortcut selects only the injured air unit(s), not the stack of injured ground units. Similarly if I alt-click on the city I want to select all ground units, but if any air unit still has moves, it instead is selected and not the ground units.

Can this behaviour be reversed? I'd much rather use alt and ctrl-H shortcuts on ground units in a city than on the limited number of air units stationed there.

Cheers, A.

EDIT: spelling mistakes

Hi,
- razing their Holy City
etc, etc.

Fixed in rev1035; as I've said I can't revert how relations have evolved before you update to rev1035 but it will not get worse, nor will it happen in any new game, hopefully.

1) pls fix that interest bug.
Interest always has to be part of income per turn, means, if I invest 100% for (i.e.) research, the treasury must not go up by interest or whatever.
(If you have another opinion, pls ask your tax officer)

2) workers build magnet line always althought in BUG/automations magnet lines are unchecked.( ALT-R issue)
(I don't want magnet lines overall, but workers ignore my settings)
ALT-R should respect BUG/automation settings and give pick list what to build.

45°38'N-13°47'E;14431521 said:
Fixed in rev1035; as I've said I can't revert how relations have evolved before you update to rev1035 but it will not get worse, nor will it happen in any new game, hopefully.

Hi,

I am playing both. We try to play MP every so often with my wife (for last many, many years), sometimes we play SP (especially due to OOSs). Regarding posting on MP thread - I was about to do that - but at the end I decided it may be better on this forum. I promise to use it next time :)
Thank you for taking care of the issue. I will try to find out if it's solved shortly.
I am really happy that this mod is still being improved and fixed - good job.

Regards:goodjob:

Hi,

I am playing both. We try to play MP every so often with my wife (for last many, many years), sometimes we play SP (especially due to OOSs). Regarding posting on MP thread - I was about to do that - but at the end I decided it may be better on this forum. I promise to use it next time :)
Thank you for taking care of the issue. I will try to find out if it's solved shortly.
I am really happy that this mod is still being improved and fixed - good job.

Regards:goodjob:
Lol, I play with my wife too. Someday we have to organize a big husbands vs wives multiplayer match. [emoji13]

45°38'N-13°47'E;14432062 said:
Lol, I play with my wife too. Someday we have to organize a big husbands vs wives multiplayer match. [emoji13]

Have to get married :rolleyes:

treasury must not rise if I run 100% investments. All is to add to total income, and from that I can invest 100%. When I run 100% nothing may add treasury, except finishing a building or wonder that definitely rises the treasury one times. This is not income. But all other has to be income and be able to invest instantly.

Attachments

• 001.jpg
    001.jpg
    13.2 KB · Views: 273
treasury must not rise if I run 100% investments. All is to add to total income, and from that I can invest 100%. When I run 100% nothing may add treasury, except finishing a building or wonder that definitely rises the treasury one times. This is not income. But all other has to be income and be able to invest instantly.
There's a difference between gold and commerce. This is the same in BTS too. No need to change anything.

45°38'N-13°47'E;14433279 said:
This is the same in BTS too.
that does not imply that it is correct. All (monthly/yearly/turn's) income needs to get calculated as available for investments, i.e. research, as long as it available for hurry buildings or units etc. Both needs to be the same basket. What I spend for buildings or units, I can't spend for research or culture, and reversed. As I all being in treasury can spend for units and buildings, there must be no difference. Income is all that I get, independent what it is.

45°38'N-13°47'E;14433279 said:
There's a difference between gold and commerce. This is the same in BTS too. No need to change anything.

The World Bank is the problem. It has some Python code that generates gold directly into your treasury and bypasses all the usual modifiers, and it produces a % of your current gold, so it just snowballs. I brought it up in the Buildings thread.

Some buildings do generate direct gold which can't be converted into other commerces, and that's okay as long as it is properly reflected in the in-game stats. But the gold produced from World Bank does not show up.

The World Bank is the problem. It has some Python code that generates gold directly into your treasury and bypasses all the usual modifiers, and it produces a % of your current gold, so it just snowballs. I brought it up in the Buildings thread.

Some buildings do generate direct gold which can't be converted into other commerces, and that's okay as long as it is properly reflected in the in-game stats. But the gold produced from World Bank does not show up.

Uh, never noticed this snowball effect. It's ok to fix World Bank, but I meant exactly that it happens that you can produce gold even with 100% sliders because it's directly produced instead of commerce.

I stumbled over this as I noticed that for more than 100 turns the Englsih did not made any research step.

So I look (have spy there) in London screen and see that the English need more than 1700 years (!!! LOL) for it.

to compare, the information I get for me when I look in tech tree. That figure may be right for me, as I have mass of research, but it looks for me like for the AI civs (but not for all ) the needed research for a lower tech goes up when I make a step forward.
Maybe I'm wrong, but somewhere is there a misbalance.

(I'm currently at future area, playing marathon)

--
thanks. soothing for me that I was not so wrong.

Attachments

• 00.jpg
    00.jpg
    320.7 KB · Views: 272
  • 01.jpg
    01.jpg
    63 KB · Views: 268
built fusion power supply, and it should replace oil power supply and give 4 healthiness, as the oil power supply costs.
However, this dies not work in all cieties on continent correctly. Didn't check all cities, but minimum one got 2 healthiness only and kept the oil power supply nevertheless.

Then I deleted the oil power supply in that city by CTL-A, and for that I got additional 6 healthiness. So total I got 8, both is wrong.

The fusion power supply (one for each continent) should replace the coal or oil supply, but it get added, the cities still have the unhealthy supplies and it is to delete manually by ctl-a in all cities where is was build.

Edit
it is more confusing:
I build fusion power supply on south america and australia, and on european continent.
a) The cities in south america where I had oil power supplies still kept the oil supply, but the unhealthnesss got lowert by 4, and when I deleted the oil supply manually, I got no extra helthness.
b) different on australia, where I also build a fusion supply. There the cities got reduced 2 unhealtness and when I deleted the oil suppliy I got another 6, total 8
c) in europe it had no effect, as there I had the event (random?) of continental supply by geothermal, so nothing got changed and there no oil supplied had been build before.

Showing it isn't that difficult. Just some modifications in CvMainInterface and Financial Advisor will do.

However, if it generates Gold and not Commerce, it is correct that it still increase your treasury even with 100% Research, since Gold does not get converted.

Actual effects of the Food Processing Plant (FPP) suggests I'll lose food if I build it, as it replaces a cannery. Having built a one FPP in a test city, I actually gain food. Conclusion: Actual Effects text is wrong.

Also noticed that the International Port Actual Effects text suggests I'll lose money when a Seaport already exists. But again, a test confirmed that the Int' Port was actually better. Again, Actual Effects text is wrong.

Are these Actual Effects texts hard to calculate, perhaps when the yields depend on resources or something? Seems like lots of them are wrong, which is problematic when buildings 'upgrade' (as in RoM AND) and have such complicated effects.

Cheers, A.

Top Bottom