AND2 and SVN Bug Reports - A New Dawn 2 ONLY

Having issues with GPT and Espionage Points changing. I'm talking GPT dropping from 700pt to 250pt. The Espionage Points are rearranging bizarrely, often high into the double figures. I notice this all happening after moving on to the next turn. The game takes a little longer to load, and then my GPT is way down, and my 0% in all areas is changed to various degrees. Recalculating fixes it, aswell as moving onto the next turn (at least for the GPT, not Espionage points).

SVN 1076 - Laboratory.

This building is currently incorrectly enabled at Scientific method, but the Civopedia say's its available only at Organic chemistry. They both actually enable the building.

Further its speed up by 50% by having chemical, which are only available at Organic Chemistry, but you need Plastics to build the chemical factory. This is one thing I've alway's found frustrating, you can't speed it up, without a tech deep into the tech tree.

Please to amend this, or replace the Organic chemistry building, with the proper building meant to be there, and delete the chemicals speeding up the Laboratory, and allow the proper replacement buildign at Organic chemistry.

The Civilopedia text needs fixing. The interaction between Laboratory and Chemicals is intended. If you are founding new cities, or have waited until Organic Chemistry to build Laboratories, then you get the labs faster. It is like the interaction between School of Scribes/Library and the Paper resource. New technologies make them much easier to build later on in the game.

The "avoid unhealthy/angry people" feature does not work in my games.

View attachment 474825

In an old version from Affores ("Rise of Mankind - A New Dawn 1.75.exe"), a city will keep its current population to prevent unhealthy/angry people even if it collected enough food.

I have posted that issue(?) little time ago :egypt:, but not in the correct thread.
I'm curious: perhaps, it's not a bug but a (dropped) feature? :cry:

EDIT: Savegame "OneTurnBeforeGrowth" in ZIP archive.
I just want to say, years after reporting this issue, the "prevent unhealthy/angry poeple" option is still broken (Rev 1076, 2018-07-24).
Unfortunately...
I really like the new AND2 features I've learned from the description and early few turns, but without working growth blockers... no. :(

I just want to say, years after reporting this issue, the "prevent unhealthy/angry poeple" option is still broken (Rev 1076, 2018-07-24).
Unfortunately...
I really like the new AND2 features I've learned from the description and early few turns, but without working growth blockers... no. :(

You know, I never experienced this bug myself as I always pay attention not to let cities grow unhappy or unhealty; but I kept getting reports about this bug. So I checked the code and I tested a game. It's working properly, probably people never understood how it's supposed to work. If you are in control of your cities, you are supposed to know when one is gettin unhappy/unhealty and act accordingly. The "avoid unhappy/unhealty growth" button is only working if you are on production automation. If you let your city governor choose what to build, you can tell him to avoid unhappy/unhealty cities. If you are in charge, you are supposed to avoid that.
Hence, no bug, working as designed.

Is development on this mod dead? according to the Trello worklog the last time someone did something was in 2016.

Have you even looked at any of the recent threads in the main sub-forum?

which is? and if the OP post is wrong (OP post is usually the place to find relevant info instead of searching 330 pages deep into a thread) maybe the OP post should have been updated?

This is one of my main problems with this forum (as you also saw on my other post)... damn hard to find relevant info.

You're posting the forum right now. Try reading a few of the threads here to easily find out that it's still under development.

The test for limited units in CvInfos.cpp is if (m_iMaxPlayerInstances != -1). Change this to if (m_iMaxPlayerInstances > 1) and we should get the results we want without having to make any other changes.

If you still want this change, I can upload it in the next revision. I see the reason why it was proposed, but I didn't have a look yet at which and how many units are affected.

If you still want this change, I can upload it in the next revision. I see the reason why it was proposed, but I didn't have a look yet at which and how many units are affected.

Plague Bringer, Peace Maker, and Top Secret Agent are the units that are scaling and should be fixed at 1 per player, so those should be the only units affected. (The Fusion Nova would also not scale, but it's an Advanced Nuke and so shouldn't be usable anyway.) There are no Team units in AND that are limited at all.

Could the same thing be done for iCityLimit in CivicInfos too? That should scale only above 1 too.

I have a current bug error when I try updating from 1.76 to 1.77 - I saw some threads on how to fix this but I thought I might as well post this here and on top of that ask how do you get the latest version I can download without using the launcher?

Thank you ahead of time!

I have a current bug error when I try updating from 1.76 to 1.77 - I saw some threads on how to fix this but I thought I might as well post this here and on top of that ask how do you get the latest version I can download without using the launcher?

Thank you ahead of time!

If you updated rev1076 from the launcher, you already have the latest revision. rev1077. Mod will update to rev1077 but still show 1076 because of the revision number not being updated. It's ok and it will be fixed in the next revision.

@Vokarya is it me or Virutal civic and Unmanned Warfare are not shown correctly in the Civics advisor because we have too many civics? Of course I love the civics as they are, but maybe we should change the size of the frame they are shown in. Can you do it? I think it's somewhere in the interface python code.

@Vokarya is it me or Virutal civic and Unmanned Warfare are not shown correctly in the Civics advisor because we have too many civics? Of course I love the civics as they are, but maybe we should change the size of the frame they are shown in. Can you do it? I think it's somewhere in the interface python code.

I thought I fixed that in 1075. Look at line 505 of CvCivicsScreen.py. It should say

lines = max(self.getLinesOfHelpText(iCivicOption), self.getNumberCivicChoices(iCivicOption))

and that should make the blocks for displaying civics long enough so that they don't spill over. Otherwise I will need to see a screenshot.

I thought I fixed that in 1075. Look at line 505 of CvCivicsScreen.py. It should say

lines = max(self.getLinesOfHelpText(iCivicOption), self.getNumberCivicChoices(iCivicOption))

and that should make the blocks for displaying civics long enough so that they don't spill over. Otherwise I will need to see a screenshot.

That line is correct, here are the screenshots

https://www.dropbox.com/s/17wuk9t5dqr29yr/UnmannedWarfare.jpg?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/u1r3kq46btirhnz/Virtual.jpg?dl=0

After revision update, the game crash to desktop while initializing step of loading a save.

Last revision I played was (perhaps) 1076 and working good before an update.
Right after 1077 it crashed, still occurred CTD with 1078.

It was a modern era, RoM_PerferctWorld2 map, Marathon speed and etc.

Attachments

• QuickSave.CivBeyondSwordSave
    4.3 MB · Views: 127
Another CTD occurred in a new game with revision 1078.
RFC Earth with big europe 50 civs map

After researching Bronze Working, turn ending causes CTD. It might happen on barbarian turn, just looks like.

----
Is there a way to revert to previous revision?
I was pretty satisfied with rev 1076. It never CTDed until modern era, some minor bug existed though like 1 pop cities.

Anyway thanks in advance. It's a great mod ever!

Attachments

• AutoSave_BC-1238.CivBeyondSwordSave
    1.1 MB · Views: 128
d1.PNG
s1.PNG

\Civilization IV Complete\Civ4\Beyond the Sword\Mods\Rise of Mankind - A New Dawn\Assets\XML\Text\MISC.xml (1 hit)
+ <Russian>[ICON_BULLE]Приводит к появленю Укрепленных Границ цивилизации</Russian>

translation bugs :)

Top Bottom