AND2 and SVN Bug Reports - A New Dawn 2 ONLY

Hi

In my actual game, at some point the turns takes (apparently) infinite time to pass.
I have checked the log but I don't see any clue. Is another log than PythonErr2.log? or a way to register more details?
I attach save game, and log.

Launcher rev: 1.23
Mod rev: 1078

Thanks!

I tried your save too. I got stuck at the same point. I know there are ways to see everything that is going on but I do not know right now what they are -- a full debug environment. I think getting stuck between turns is a DLL-level problem as well, most likely an AI loop where it can't make a decision and gets stuck. The Python log can only show Python-level problems; anything programmed at the Python level can only do what the DLL allows it to do, but you can program Python things that the DLL isn't set up for. I suppose the log may be useful but it's probably not going to help in this case.

Hello!

Happened the same to me. Played 3 times (Moremusic, Chronicles and MegaCiv activated) and game keeps on crashing around discovery of Alphabet, some turns later or before.
When I press next turn, game simply closes and goes to desktop.
In attachments the savegame before the crash.
Thank you in advance for your help.
I have found anwser for your and my problem! Chronicles mod! After turning it off everything goes well. I think it's something about assets missmatches - haven't You seen that sometimes f.e. 2 techs were in this same place?

I have found anwser for your and my problem! Chronicles mod! After turning it off everything goes well. I think it's something about assets missmatches - haven't You seen that sometimes f.e. 2 techs were in this same place?
That's possible. Actually Chronicles is a bit outdated. I'm working on a new version but that takes some time.

I tried your save too. I got stuck at the same point. I know there are ways to see everything that is going on but I do not know right now what they are -- a full debug environment. I think getting stuck between turns is a DLL-level problem as well, most likely an AI loop where it can't make a decision and gets stuck. The Python log can only show Python-level problems; anything programmed at the Python level can only do what the DLL allows it to do, but you can program Python things that the DLL isn't set up for. I suppose the log may be useful but it's probably not going to help in this case.

Thanks for checking it out. I guess in this case, the only workaround is to do different stuff to force the AI to not fall in that loop, right?
I was thinking about a log that shows the AI decisions. There I could see where the loop is.

Thanks

I have found something weird with the trade and cities connecting to capital (which I guess is the same)
I have seen several cases, where a city is connected to the capital's civ through borders of another civ without open borders or right of passage. The connection is only broken when direct war between those civs.
I don't know if it is a bug or is working as intended, but as far as I knew, unless you have Right of Passage or Open Borders with someone, you could not use its roads to connect your cities with your capital.

An example in the screenshots: a city surrounded by another civ. No Right of Passage or Open Borders between them. Even so, the surrounded city is connected with the civ's capital.
Civ4ScreenShot0013.JPG Civ4ScreenShot0014.JPG

I also attach a save game.

Attachments

• Quike AD-0082 connection to Capital.CivBeyondSwordSave
    2.3 MB · Views: 133
I have found something weird with the trade and cities connecting to capital (which I guess is the same)
I have seen several cases, where a city is connected to the capital's civ through borders of another civ without open borders or right of passage. The connection is only broken when direct war between those civs.
I don't know if it is a bug or is working as intended, but as far as I knew, unless you have Right of Passage or Open Borders with someone, you could not use its roads to connect your cities with your capital.

An example in the screenshots: a city surrounded by another civ. No Right of Passage or Open Borders between them. Even so, the surrounded city is connected with the civ's capital.
View attachment 502240 View attachment 502241

I also attach a save game.

I think this is the way it works in BTS. You could trade with an AI when you are separated by another AI that neither of you are at war with, but if either makes war with the intermediate AI the trade route is broken.

I think this is the way it works in BTS. You could trade with an AI when you are separated by another AI that neither of you are at war with, but if either makes war with the intermediate AI the trade route is broken

I have checked it in raw BTS, and you are right, it works that way. I remember it differently. So I guess what I mean is not a bug but works as intended.
Anyhow, doesn't make much sense to me that your trade/city-connection is allowed to pass through someone's territory that you don't have any kind of trade deal.

Yes! I noticed that 2 days ago too! Turned off all modules one by one and I found the rat! :p I also noticed techs issue like Trapping in the same place as Comunity ;)

Yes! I noticed that 2 days ago too! Turned off all modules one by one and I found the rat! :p I also noticed techs issue like Trapping in the same place as Comunity ;)
I came up with a Hotfix. It updates the tech tree and (hopefully) fixes any issues causing a CTD.
Unfortunately I had no time to thoroughly test it because my PC just broke the very next day I finished the patch :(
Please let me know it it works for you.

Chronicles HOTFIX 2.0.3.rar

I haven't been on here before, so I may not get the reporting right. I've played this game (ROM) for years, and it's my all-time (since DOS) favorite, but I haven't finished any of the last 5 games because it's gotten too buggy. This last game was going OK until something changed and it said it would take 687 turns to research the wheel. I am leader in most areas, and the other civs have normal research times. The previous game, about every 10 turns it would remove all food from 4 of my cities and change the finances a bit. The finances would return to the previous state after a turn or two. The games before that would just become blocked and unable to progress. I just use the ROM mod and not the others that I see mentioned. I was wondering about possible incompatibilities, which was why I came here, but I don't see any reports about that. I love the game, and would appreciate any advice.

Attachments

• Gree Bo VI BC-1218.CivBeyondSwordSave
    1.3 MB · Views: 115
  • Asoka 3 AD-0891.CivBeyondSwordSave
    3.7 MB · Views: 151
  • Gree Bo V AD-1389.CivBeyondSwordSave
    3.6 MB · Views: 141
SVN 1072 - I've a bug, or an omission.

Mines, Shaft mines and modern mines, don't gain a hammer bonus from Railroads.

It goes from Paved roads (Construction) to Highway's (Logistics)

That's ONE HUGE GAP.

The XML code is there for mines to get +1 production from most routes, but it's only a flat +1 regardless of route type. I didn't want to increase Mine's production curve that high. If you aren't seeing that bonus, then there is another problem.

Well, they receive a bonus from any route type;
1) - path
2) - road (unpaved)
3) - Paved Road.
Huge gap
more space
3 era's
4) - Highway
....etc

1st 3 are very tight, then gap from Construction to Logistics

Easy method, is remove the roads, add Railway's, gives a increasing gap and doesn't change the hammers in the curve, might straight it out vertically.

Roads and paved roads are very close.

After using newest hotfix ,some texts doesn't show right ,also some icons gone pink + when launching game several errors occurs ,nothing changed in versions ,just chronicles hotfix :)

After using newest hotfix ,some texts doesn't show right ,also some icons gone pink + when launching game several errors occurs ,nothing changed in versions ,just chronicles hotfix :)
Can you give a few examples what icons and texts are missing? Actually the shouldn't :undecide:

Hi guys, can someone try to run this save game to the next turn?
It keeps crushing on next turn (645), even though I tried reordering the production in my cities, changing research, lowering graphics options (this used to help in earlier builds), changing difficulty level etc.
I am playing with rev.1076, but my log folder is empty (I also don't know why).

Attachments

• Tasos AD-1928-Winter.CivBeyondSwordSave
    2.3 MB · Views: 127
I found out, it had something to do with the egyptian civ losing its last city to romans (and vanishing from the score).
With a few manipulations (peace treaty) I postponed the extermination of Egypt and all's good now.

Hi guys, can someone try to run this save game to the next turn?
It keeps crushing on next turn (645), even though I tried reordering the production in my cities, changing research, lowering graphics options (this used to help in earlier builds), changing difficulty level etc.
I am playing with rev.1076, but my log folder is empty (I also don't know why).

I tried the save too and it crashes for me without generating an autolog file. I also tried erasing that Egyptian city in WorldBuilder and the game crashes as soon as I exit WB. I do not know why the game would do that.

Top Bottom