AND2 and SVN Bug Reports - A New Dawn 2 ONLY

From my experience, the Mega Civ pack is making the MAF's. Uninstalling it fixed it for me.
Actually, this is worth looking into. I upgraded from an old version of the Civ pack to 3.1 at the same time I updated to rev 1082. Perhaps I'll try reverting back to that older version of the Civ pack and see if I still have the problem.

Actually, this is worth looking into. I upgraded from an old version of the Civ pack to 3.1 at the same time I updated to rev 1082. Perhaps I'll try reverting back to that older version of the Civ pack and see if I still have the problem.
You are likely to face other errors.

I dont think its mega civ pack alone.. I use older one because newer ones caused problems with my scenarios, have kept it up to date myself. its something around rev 1075-1079 or 100 civ dll which i use. Have used that same version MCP years and MAFs occured only with these latest revisions.

The only way MCP might be responsible for MAFs is possibly if some xml file points to a not existing icon or something like that, which might lead to a loop where the mod tries to load something it can't find. And no recent changes to the dll should cause MAF because nothing so fundamental has been touched. I hope I have some time soon to check the latest changes again, fix Movement Limits and Caste bug and possibly add that port feature we've discussed about.

I think the Carhange python code is not working. I have tested it witj worldbuilder but it gave me no gold killing mech units. Can anyone confirm or deny it?

It works for me. I set up a situation where I had Carhenge and attacked a Barbarian Early Tank with a Dreadnought Armor. I made the 36 gold that I would expect. I also tested a Bolter Infantry against a Barbarian Early Tank and also made 36 gold.

Civ4ScreenShot0016.JPG Civ4ScreenShot0017.JPG

What units were you using to test? The <bMechanized> flag might not be set properly for some units.

It was a Plasma Armor against a Walker Mech (the weakest one) I think.
I'll try again than.

I was trying to understand the code and copy it in a way that Hoard gives you money for killed units. I failed several times so I decided to test the Carhange code as well.

It was a Plasma Armor against a Walker Mech (the weakest one) I think.
I'll try again than.

I was trying to understand the code and copy it in a way that Hoard gives you money for killed units. I failed several times so I decided to test the Carhange code as well.

Actually, you did find a bug. Walker is not currently set to Mechanized. I found a few other units and I will set them to Mechanized as well. It does not seem to me that Mech status has any actual in-game effect, so I see no problems with setting all of the mechs to Mechanized status.

Is there any way to "freeze" tech eras? I really like the idea of playing through eras for a certain amount of time until I decide to allow myself and everyone else to be able to research the next era.

Is there any way to "freeze" tech eras? I really like the idea of playing through eras for a certain amount of time until I decide to allow myself and everyone else to be able to research the next era.

No, that would require some modding in the dll which is not easy nor worth it. And it might break AI behaviour and beside the point that you like it, there would be no other advantage.

Maybe someone already reported this: I consider it as a "systematic" bug that the combination of "realistic cultural spread" and "imperialistic treat" leads to no border-pop at all. Your new cities are supposed to have an instant border pop (good idea), but with "realistic spread", nothing happens at all because the culture is still too weak. So you have to wait maybe 300 turns for your first real expansion (unless you build some stuff, then it's only 200 turns :) both traits are very nice, imo, but they don't work together very well......

No, that would require some modding in the dll which is not easy nor worth it. And it might break AI behaviour and beside the point that you like it, there would be no other advantage.

Ok... how about a "Historic" game speed where the tech research times are set to Marathon but the production is set at Standard?

I had lot's of recalcs followed by many fights with barbarians but never ever enslaved any in my current game.
The same for me, tons of barbarians but zero slaves. Not a huge deal, but it could be more fun at least sometimes get some slaves. Please check if possible. Thank you

When I took a barbarian city I wasn't given the option to raze it. I checked and I don't have "no city razing" box ticked.

When I took a barbarian city I wasn't given the option to raze it. I checked and I don't have "no city razing" box ticked.

Do you have the pillage action available to your units in the city while it is still in revolt? That is the ONLY way to raze cities. Razing on capture is turned off. You have to reduce the city's population to 0 by pillaging before it comes out of revolt to raze that city.

Do you have the pillage action available to your units in the city while it is still in revolt? That is the ONLY way to raze cities. Razing on capture is turned off. You have to reduce the city's population to 0 by pillaging before it comes out of revolt to raze that city.
Oh I see. That's actually pretty neat.

Hi i'd like to report a bug.

I get a MAF error every time i use the world builder.

I use the rev 1082, mega civ pack 3.1 with the patch 3.01 and chronicles 2.04b.

thanks for the reply

I launched your standalone version, i get the same result.
I'm pretty sure that's the 3.1 mega civ pack who crashed my game.
i need a link to the 3.0 to be sure though

Top Bottom