1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

AND2 and SVN Bug Reports - A New Dawn 2 ONLY

Discussion in 'Rise of Mankind: A New Dawn' started by 45°38'N-13°47'E, Aug 31, 2012.

1. rtt4a

rtt4a Chieftain

I have same problem but not every time. I would say that 1/3 times whwn i open WB i get MAF, but not right away.. usally it happens when WB is open long time.
    Anyways have also get MAFs in game so its not WB problem. This started to happen only few revision ago and i dont use latest MCP. So if its MCP its something from main game what is changed few revs ago and cause problems with MCP.

2. fulgrim66

fulgrim66 Chieftain

No man, i tested the 1062 rev with the 3.1 MCP same results.

3. rtt4a

rtt4a Chieftain

Hmm, weird.. we must have different problem then because i havent seen MAFs until maybe 1075 or so.. and im using older MCP which i have just updated.

4. Zeta Nexus

Zeta Nexus Chieftain

3.0 will likely have the same problem than. Did you also apply the patch for 3.1?
    Do you get a MAF on the smallest map sizes too?

5. Zeta Nexus

Zeta Nexus Chieftain

I didn't experience MAF for a veeeeeery long time. I mean: for dozens of revisions.

6. rtt4a

rtt4a Chieftain

Zeta, what kind of combination you play? Im not only one who has reported MAFs starting few revs ago.
    I play with MCP and I use 100civ ddl, map is always huge with 60-85 civs. Dont know about those others who has reported MAFs..
    Its nor my CPU, I can play C2C with gigantic maps without MAFS.. actually I haven seen MAFs before this after viewports/graphic paging came in.

7. steven77

steven77 Chieftain

not to beat a dead horse here...but i've said ages ago that after rev.75-76 problems started with MAFS. but nobody was taking me seriously....

8. rtt4a

rtt4a Chieftain

Can you tell combination you play? MCP? 100civ.dll? and what map size and amount of civs?

9. 45°38'N-13°47'E

45°38'N-13°47'E Chieftain

Also what, if any, UPT limit? Low numbers might cause instability and longer turn times. Anyway 100civs dll is just experimental, only raising the number of civs you can have on a map. I don't recommend it and that might definitely be responsible of the problem in your case.

10. 45°38'N-13°47'E

I start thinking this problem is related to some configuration file, like the ini file which from time to time is being cached or being reset. I tested with revisions between 1058 and 1082 and in both cases I had the game randomly removing ML. Did any of you notice if your ini was being reset when you experienced the problem with ML? A way to check if that's the problem might be playing with Locked Assets. That should tell you immediately if some option has been unintentionally changed.

11. Ag0range

Ag0range Chieftain

Hi! Is 1082 the last commit, or there have been others since that and my launcher does not feel them? Thanks a lot!!!

12. steven77

steven77 Chieftain

very big maps but with no more than 30something civs...nothing too fancy.

13. 45°38'N-13°47'E

1082 is the current revision

14. rtt4a

rtt4a Chieftain

I use UPT but 25-50 unit so it shouldnt cause problems. Since Steven77 dont use 100civ dll I dont think its problem.. it causes longer turn times of course.
    Even biggest map sizes with 30+ civs shouldnt be problem, I have played with those in different mods and never MAFs..

This MAF thing can happen also in empty map just keeping WB open. Theres no way that MAF is caused some real memory issue.
    Im not expert coder or anything but in my world map theres only 65-75 units (all civs have just settler) on map and size is huge, no reason for MAF there..

When have little time I test without 100 civ dll and with 50 civ. I have good collection older revisions on my computer so I can also test 100civ dll with those.
    @steven77, do you use MCP?

Stupid me.. when first MAF happened after updating new revision I was thinking that maybe should put some note somewhere to remember what rev it was. It was first MAF in many years.. Now I can only say 100% that it was before 1080.

15. steven77

steven77 Chieftain

after rev 76 problems started...iam sure 100% ....no i dont use mcp,for me is buggy as hell! :p

16. rtt4a

rtt4a Chieftain

I reported weird bug where city had negative production after updating 1076. It was about same time when MAFs started so yes.. if have to guess I would say also rev 1076 did something.

17. qwerty647

qwerty647 Chieftain

Hi,

The attached saved game hangs after ending the turn (just in case: the UPT is set to 0 and changing it doesn't help). I tried to work around it by myself and found out that any of the following works:
    * Removing Spain or Byzanty.
    * Putting them at war against each other.
    * Making Byzanty a vassal (didn't work for Spain).

The final culprit appeared to be the unit stack in Constantinople and the solution to remove the top unit from the stack.

Hope it'll help the devs to nail down the issue and players to work around it.

(The mod rev is 1082, no other mods are currently installed)

P.S. One more complaint - the logging seems to be broken completely as no log file is generated at all. This is bad, especially when having issues like this. I'd be super if the log file could suggest a workaround by pointing at the place where the problem had appeared, e.g. the civ and the point in its decision making (say, whether it was trying to do diplomacy or move a unit).

P.S. Finally, a small unrelated bug - in the One City Challenge mode I still have to have 3 Myths of the Sea to be able to build Moai Statues.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Mar 30, 2019
  18. 45°38'N-13°47'E

These MAFs look a bit too random to me, it's very hard to pin them down. A savegame might help, but I'm not sure that then I would be able to fix it anyway. And I see no way any changes since revision 1076 might cause MAFs.

19. devolution

devolution Chieftain

@qwerty647

The problem is that a Byzantine unit (iBirthmark=6648) is attempting to join another group on the same plot while already being in a group (also on the same plot). However, the unit keeps switching (or ping-ponging) between the groups, leading to an infinite loop :crazyeye:
    Most likely the bug is in either CvUnit::joinGroup or CvUnitAI::AI_group().

To verify: Set a breakpoint in CvUnit::joinGroup and watch the pSelectionGroup variable. You will then observe that the value ping-pongs between two group pointers each time you resume.

I adapted the K-Mod version of CvUnit::joinGroup to AND2 and it appears to have fixed the problem since the infinite loop no longer triggers.

Last edited: Mar 30, 2019
    black213 likes this.
  20. steven77

steven77 Chieftain

well.... it seems to be a pattern here...maf reports have escalated a lot as i see it. i play the mod for years,since the original version and only the last year and a half,give or take,mafs reappeard.so....? i thing something was overlooked.

black213 likes this.