1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

AND2 and SVN Bug Reports - A New Dawn 2 ONLY

Discussion in 'Rise of Mankind: A New Dawn' started by 45°38'N-13°47'E, Aug 31, 2012.

1. devolution

devolution Chieftain

@ 45°38'N-13°47'E Thanks for the nice offer, but at the moment I cannot commit to joining another modding team. I have an extremely important life event happening soon and I may end up unavailable for a while. However, I will definitely make my fixes and improvements available as soon as I am able to, probably by forking the project (I simply can't stand SVN) and putting it up @ github. Will post a log of changes to make merging easier.

Last edited: Feb 20, 2019
  2. quikesan

quikesan Chieftain

Slaves? Labor civics? Is that "raw" AND2? or has some submod? Why my civics screen looks different?
    Sin título.jpg

3. Zeta Nexus

Zeta Nexus Chieftain

It is my modmod based on my previous modular modmod - see my signature - which is now a it outdated.
    This new one won't be modular but a stand alone. It is still under construction. I'll upload it once I consider it as a playable alpha.

quikesan likes this.
  4. 45°38'N-13°47'E

45°38'N-13°47'E Chieftain

Well, let me know when you upload your changes somewhere, I'm usually very careful when merging some code because right now RAND is working pretty good and can be played in MP too so I don't want to risk breaking something. Good like with your event! :)

5. RoboticManiac

RoboticManiac Chieftain

I was originally going to post about why my turn time increased from 5 seconds to a full minute in just one turn, but world builder showed me what the issue was- Barbarians occupy nearly every single open spot on the map. I've got raging barbarians plus barbarian world turned on. Is this my fault for choosing the two barbarian options?

Attached Files:

Last edited: Feb 25, 2019
  6. Zeta Nexus

Zeta Nexus Chieftain

Do you also have a low number set for units per tile option?

7. Zeta Nexus

Zeta Nexus Chieftain

I've encountered an issue with Silk Road.
    upload_2019-2-26_9-36-13.png
    I should connect you with the LARGEST foreign capital city.
    ...that's not what happened to me.

Here's the largest city (Size 10)
    Civ4ScreenShot0681.JPG
    and the one I was connected to (Size 7)
    Civ4ScreenShot0682.JPG
    You can see the road connection running mostly E-W / SE-NW directions.
    I'm not at war with either and has diplomatic relations with both.

Just wanted to report.

8. 45°38'N-13°47'E

On some mapscripts, barbarians get very large armies mostly on a single landmass. That said, it shouldn't slow down turns unless you use a low UPT limit as ZN said. The lower the UPT limit, the more difficult is for AI to find a suitable path when it needs to move some units without breaking the UPT limit.

9. Pepo

Pepo Chieftain

There seem to be some serious problems with the way calculations are done. When i get an effect to add food either thougth a % or more food from farms, it gives higher yields than expected. The same happen with corporations. Here is the latest savefile and some screenshot to prove it

Attached Files:

10. pinkfish

pinkfish Chieftain

Is anyone else having serious issues with memory allocation failures in the latest revision? I'm playing with all the same settings I've used without issue for years (Huge maps), but the game is now unplayable after about 15% through (multiple attempts on multiple reinstalls).

The only noticeable difference is that revolutions seem to be spawning new civs FAR more frequently than they have in the past, so that if I start with around 25 I'm ending up with 60+ before the game breaks.

rtt4a likes this.
  11. rtt4a

rtt4a Chieftain

Yes. Me at some others have reported that. Problems started around rev 1078-1079, random memory allocation errors. Havent seen them many years..

12. pinkfish

pinkfish Chieftain

Good to know I'm not the only one so hopefully the problem can be identified and fixed. I just tried scaling down my civs and map sizes and turning off revolutions to make sure I'm not taxing my system, but no luck...really frustrating.

13. 45°38'N-13°47'E

Are you using the modified 100 civs dll? Otherwise there's no way you can reach 60+ civs as the limit is and has always been 50 barbs and dead civs included. I usually play with huge and larger maps and never had a MAF since years, but I will test some more.

14. pinkfish

pinkfish Chieftain

I had, but I ran a game on a clean install with just AND and the Mega Civ pack and still started getting the MAFs a few hundred turns in, so I don't think the player counts are getting too high. Never had this issue until updating to the latest revision (from, I think, 1068).

15. Vokarya

Vokarya Chieftain

It could be a problem with the pathfinding. Silk Road draws its road by creating a path for a hypothetical Spy unit between your capital and the targeted city. If the game can't find a path, the city gets skipped. The hypothetical Spy can go through enemy units and dangerous terrain, but I don't know if there are conditions that can cause the pathfinding to fail.

16. 45°38'N-13°47'E

I've encountered a problem with Movement Limits, although it was on a hotseat test game. For some reason Movement Limits disappeared on reloading I'll have to check the code again. I never noticed tu is behavior before. Does someone remember if Movement Limits was fully working at some point?

17. philipschall

philipschall Chieftain

From my experience, the Mega Civ pack is making the MAF's. Uninstalling it fixed it for me.

18. 45°38'N-13°47'E

I never played without MCP and never had MAF errors in the last 2 years.

19. Ag0range

Ag0range Chieftain

Hi! Are there any new commits beyond rev. 1082? Now the launcher seems not to be able to connect to the repository - or the internet itself. It stopped showing the last changes either. What is happening and how to stay updated? Thanks!

20. Zeta Nexus

Zeta Nexus Chieftain

Can the code be affected by movement limit? The largest city is beyond my ML range.