1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

AND2 and SVN Bug Reports - A New Dawn 2 ONLY

Discussion in 'Rise of Mankind: A New Dawn' started by 45°38'N-13°47'E, Aug 31, 2012.

1. Zeta Nexus

Zeta Nexus Deity

I managed to put the game in an infinite loop with some simple XML changes.
    In my mod I added +1:hammers: from Citizen to both Caste and Public Works. If any player (Human or AI) tried to adopt those 2 civics in the same turn, the game entered into an infinite loop. When I replaced the +1:hammers: (and +1 :food: ) from Citizens in Caste to just +1:commerce: , the game proceeded flawlessly.
    I think adopting the 2 civics in different turns did not break the game but didn't test that thoroughly, just what I saw in the log files.

2. Hrvoje193

Hrvoje193 Warlord

Speaking of infinite loop it just happened to me.I've been playing this game for a very long time and would love to continue it if possible.
    Will someone be kind enough and check save(it's old version v1003) or give me advice what to look for in logs?

Attached Files:

3. robbyextreme

robbyextreme Warlord

Espionage weight get put into random int when I load my saved game. Anyone know what's causing this? version 1082

Attached Files:

4. Vokarya

Vokarya Deity

It's a known bug, but we haven't been able to figure out what causes it.

5. Zeta Nexus

Zeta Nexus Deity

I am still struggling in my modmod with infinite loop issues and clueless.
    Could someone experienced take a look at the log files? Maybe he can see immediately what I don't and give me a clue about my issues.
    THX!

Settings, in case you want to know it:
    upload_2019-8-22_19-33-2.png

Attached Files:

6. Alexander Corthell

Alexander Corthell Chieftain

I'm getting for me an old bug again where great general field commanders do not get xp don't use cp points. and are useless. I remember getting this problem years ago but i thought it was patched out. I tried Checking the files again on the launcher and it started to loop itself and somehow i got into the menu and now all the civs from the mega civ packs are highly erroneous and I cannot interact with them. Should i just try reinstalling everything? I'm gonna assume the save game is toast but even in the civopedia the leaders that are bugged just appear as a blank screen instead of their icon

Attached Files:

7. Zeta Nexus

Zeta Nexus Deity

Yes.

8. Alexander Corthell

Alexander Corthell Chieftain

I tried reinstalling, i loaded up a game and turns out the field commander bug was because i enabled stack attack by accident. IT seems to make field commanders not use cp. I noticed though during the reinstall that i now get frequent memory crashes which give the memory allocation error usually during loading, which didn't happen yesterday. So i tried checking the files again but after it completes it does not seem to work and it will just say whats in the screenshot over and over and will not let me in the launcher again in a normal manor. If i rapidly click the launcher it will actually bring me in, but like the last time it has messed up all of the mega pack leaders. I also tried resetting the mod to the default state and it will again bring me to the update menu. So i think its workable to go around just by reinstalling and not use the launcher. but my biggest concern is the memory crashes that happen now that we're not appearing at all before reinstalling. I'm not sure where the logs are for the launcher but i have the logs in the beyond the sword folder but i'm not 100% sure what other ones i need.

Attached Files:

9. scrabbarista

scrabbarista Chieftain

So, do you guys think it's best to play an earlier revision? I've been playing r1082 on a giant earth map, a scenario I created for the Romans, and I've been MAF-ing every few turns from like 650 AD to 1210 AD where I'm at now. I never would've bothered coming this far, but it's by far the most dominant game of civ I've played in over 25 years with the game, so I want to play it out. I'm saving like two or three times per turn. I'm actually really close to winning a domination victory any turn now. (Prince level.)

Anyway, I downloaded r1055 and am planning on playing it once this game is over. Is that a smart move? Will I see less MAF's? Less CTD's? (I got CTD's occasionally when I was trying to build scenarios in the world builder.)

10. rtt4a

rtt4a Prince

MAF problem started around rev 1070.

11. scrabbarista

scrabbarista Chieftain

Yeah, I saw in the thread that like 1065 was mentioned, so I just internet searched older revision downloads, and 1055 was the first one that came up. Seemed close enough.

EDIT: I found a 1062, so I'm downloading that one now.

Last edited: Aug 29, 2019
  12. steven77

steven77 Chieftain

any of you guys that do work on the mod,have any updates comming that will fix things a bit? theres still the issue with the updater,and as you can see the MAF problem troubles more and more people....

13. Vokarya

Vokarya Deity

There is not much that I can do. I mostly work in XML, which is the most superficial level. I can do a little Python (and I do want to fix King Richard's Crusade) but I can't really do the deeper levels.

The updater, especially, is not mine. I think that is completely @dbkblk's project

steven77 likes this.
  14. Zeta Nexus

Zeta Nexus Deity

Are you sure that the MAFs are mods fault and not something else, like poor performance PC or running other programs in the background?
    No offense. I don't want to sound derogatory.

15. steven77

steven77 Chieftain

no offence taken :hug: no...iam sure.my pc may not be state of the art, but you cannot call an i5 with 12gb of ram having "poor performance" running a game as old as civ 4,or a mod.... as i have said many...many times in the past,since update 1065 something has gone really really wrong...never in the past,before that point,did i had any problems with the mod.

Last edited: Sep 1, 2019
  16. Vokarya

Vokarya Deity

I need to get back into playing AND again to see if it happens to me. I've been playing unmodded Colonization and getting crashes to black screen, which I think is due to playing on a very large map and playing way past the nominal end of game, but I've been getting the same thing with unmodded BTS.

steven77 likes this.
  17. scrabbarista

scrabbarista Chieftain

This does seem to be the case, yes. I would add, in defense of whomever (I have no idea), that the actual game changes (the tech tree and all that springs from it) were really great in between r1062 and the current version. It's a shame to have to play the earlier one to avoid MAF's, but even r1062 is still my favorite mod of my favorite game.

steven77 likes this.
  18. steven77

steven77 Chieftain

can someone upload or send me a link so i can download an earlier revision? until someone fixes this damn mess...

19. scrabbarista

scrabbarista Chieftain

steven77 likes this.
  20. scrabbarista

scrabbarista Chieftain

I suspect the MAF's are just down to games getting too big. I think smaller maps might make it go away? I don't know if it has anything to do with revisions, etc. Not sure, though.