AND2 and SVN Bug Reports - A New Dawn 2 ONLY

I am beginning to have random CTD. No error messages. It happens sometimes after pressing next turn. Sometimes it just happens when I am scrolling around on the map. How can I best report something about this?

The AI Diplomacy screen will never say "We are Embargoing you or Sanctioning you". Your hints are it's attitude towards you, cautious, annoyed, furious, or pleased and happy with you. It's hints are also in it's willingness to trade or not and the level of trade.

JosEPh

I am beginning to have random CTD. No error messages. It happens sometimes after pressing next turn. Sometimes it just happens when I am scrolling around on the map. How can I best report something about this?

Details, details and more details, and savegame that displays the CTD (if possible) and Log file from My Documents where the savegames are kept. Also Version being played.

If you are playing SVN version 607 or 609 and have not updated to 610 then your problem may have been fixed already with the latest version.

Because the SVN versions use Max Compatibility save game format, all saves from previous version will play with the latest version. The 1st time you load up a save after an Update you will be asked to do a Re-Calculation of the Modidiers. It is Recommended to do so. Be advised it may take several turns for the modifiers to re stabilize their base. So you will see changes in things like Gold/turn, etc.

JosEPh

Details, details and more details, and savegame that displays the CTD (if possible) and Log file from My Documents where the savegames are kept. Also Version being played.

If you are playing SVN version 607 or 609 and have not updated to 610 then your problem may have been fixed already with the latest version.

Because the SVN versions use Max Compatibility save game format, all saves from previous version will play with the latest version. The 1st time you load up a save after an Update you will be asked to do a Re-Calculation of the Modidiers. It is Recommended to do so. Be advised it may take several turns for the modifiers to re stabilize their base. So you will see changes in things like Gold/turn, etc.

JosEPh

okay. it may be coincidental but I only saw CTD after I updated to 610, continuing with my current game.

I attached file Logs.rar containing all the logs from ...\Users\<username>\Documents\my games\Beyond The Sword\Logs

Also included in the file is two save games. The one from AD 496 had CTD during my own turn where I just scrolled around on the map. The savegame from AD 506 it happened a few seconds after pressing new turn. However after loading the files again the CTD didn't happen again.

Attachments

• Logs.rar
    5.3 MB · Views: 276
I found a bug where when you had done some progress on a wonder(lets call it Wonder1), and then add another wonder(Wonder2) to the production queue, and then abandon the progress on Wonder1: when the Wonder2 is completed, you will get the "lost" production from Wonder1 payed out in gold. This is a bug since you actually abandoned building that Wonder1 long time ago, just after beginning production of Wonder2.

I'm sure this mechanic was originally only meant for reimbursing you for the otherwise wasted production when another civ beats you to a wonder you were to slow to complete(this actually helped me maintain a 100% research rate into the renaissance since I was so often beaten to a wonder lol).

I discovered a severe but not game-breaking bug earlier, but I'm hoping it's a relatively minor fix. When assigning independence to a colony, the game tells me that I've placed X leader in charge but immediately I'm suddenly at war with everybody and my vassal has "renounced my protection". Bizarre to say the least! Save (before bug triggered) and screenshot (after bug triggered) included. Version is SVN from at most two days ago.

Attachments

• bug.jpg
    bug.jpg
    204 KB · Views: 307
  • Bismarck AD-1976-July.CivBeyondSwordSave
    1.3 MB · Views: 276
@jayman,
You log file did not include the PythonDbg file. Err2 was useless.

And I can play thru both saves.

Also when I loaded them it ask for a recalc immediately. Which means you were not using SVN610 but an earlier version.

JosEPh

@jayman,
You log file did not include the PythonDbg file. Err2 was useless.

And I can play thru both saves.

Also when I loaded them it ask for a recalc immediately. Which means you were not using SVN610 but an earlier version.

JosEPh

Where do I find the PythonDbg file? It surprises me you was asked for a recalc. I was asked for recalc earlier, and I did say yes to it? I should mention that when I updated to 610, after I had updated the SVN I exported the whole thing and copied it to my mod folder just overwriting old files.

You find the PythonDbg file in the same Log folder as the PythonErr2 file.

I usually delete the old assets and source folders in the mod folder before I export the new into the mod folder. Word of caution, Overwriting has caused problems in the past.

JosEPh

45°38'N-13°47'E;12187259 said:
Arkatakor: you're right, I've seen it myself. But I'm currently having a look at C2C dll and it looks like the code goes in the direction your suggesting. I'm planning to merge more code from C2C but it will take a while as the differences between AND2 and C2C are more extensive than I thought. But I definetly agree with you, although I admit that until now I never had a game which was completely spoiled by this flaw. :)
Sorry for my late reply - I keep losing track of which threads I post in.

Thanks for looking into this. I understand that this could take a while and would suggest it perhaps for a later release.

Regarding the differences between AND2 and C2C in the AI code I would suggest that you get in touch with Koshling. He has done some AI tweaking on the last official AND release and later became wholly focused on the C2C AI. Thus he is well aware of the disparities between them.

Regarding the differences between AND2 and C2C in the AI code I would suggest that you get in touch with Koshling. He has done some AI tweaking on the last official AND release and later became wholly focused on the C2C AI. Thus he is well aware of the disparities between them.

I know, I've already been in touch with him and other C2C team members to solve some dll problems. ;)

An Apostolic vote asked to stop trading with a civ with the same religion as my own civ. I voted no since they were friends, however the vote went through and the deals was cancelled, which made me get a diplo penalty with them.

It shouldnt be possible to be asked to vote against your friends in religion in apostolic votes.

Savegame attached from the turn when it happened. Also attached the logs. The Apostolic vote event is shown in the log ingame. As you can see both me(Rome) and the Koreans have Khemetism as religion. The owner of Apostolic palace is The Hittites with their Confusianism religion. How can Confusian Apostolic Palace have any power over other religions? Why am I even asked to vote when I have another religion? I would have believed it more if only the confusian civs was asked to stop trading with a civ not confusian.

I am not sure if this error is also there in vanilla BTS? Even so I think it should be changed.

Attachments

• Marcus Aurelius AD-0583-July.rar
    2.8 MB · Views: 265
  • Logs.rar
    3.4 KB · Views: 267
An Apostolic vote asked to stop trading with a civ with the same religion as my own civ. I voted no since they were friends, however the vote went through and the deals was cancelled, which made me get a diplo penalty with them.
Quite normal.

It shouldnt be possible to be asked to vote against your friends in religion in apostolic votes.
Yes it should.

Savegame attached from the turn when it happened. Also attached the logs. The Apostolic vote event is shown in the log ingame. As you can see both me(Rome) and the Koreans have Khemetism as religion. The owner of Apostolic palace is The Hittites with their Confucianism religion. How can Confucian Apostolic Palace have any power over other religions? Why am I even asked to vote when I have another religion? I would have believed it more if only the confusian civs was asked to stop trading with a civ not confusian.

I am not sure if this error is also there in vanilla BTS? Even so I think it should be changed.

Not an error. Especially if you have even 1 city with Confucianism religion in it.

JosEPh

Savegame attached from the turn when it happened. Also attached the logs. The Apostolic vote event is shown in the log ingame. As you can see both me(Rome) and the Koreans have Khemetism as religion. The owner of Apostolic palace is The Hittites with their Confusianism religion. How can Confusian Apostolic Palace have any power over other religions? Why am I even asked to vote when I have another religion? I would have believed it more if only the confusian civs was asked to stop trading with a civ not confusian.

It's there in Vanilla BTS and it's not a bug, it's how it works. You are asked to vote because at least one of your cities has Confucianism, so you have the right to vote (you are a voting member and not a full member). And if you don't like the proposal, you can defy it and it won't pass. You only get the angry penalty in those cities which have Confucianism, so it's not so terrible. But if you let the resolution pass, even if you've voted agains it, it's obvious that other civs which are target of that resolution will hate you a little more. Moreover, you could switch to intolerant to remove confucianism from your cities: then you won't have this problem anymore. ;)

Edit: LOL, Joseph now you beat me every time! :lol:

:old: Civ players got nothin' else to do. :mischief: :p

JosEPh ;)

Sorry for my Civ IV noobishness, and I know I am not Civ Jedi yet, but Im getting a little closer everyday. I see that I should have defied the resolution.

45°38'N-13°47'E;12199881 said:
It's there in Vanilla BTS and it's not a bug, it's how it works. You are asked to vote because at least one of your cities has Confucianism, so you have the right to vote (you are a voting member and not a full member). And if you don't like the proposal, you can defy it and it won't pass. You only get the angry penalty in those cities which have Confucianism, so it's not so terrible. But if you let the resolution pass, even if you've voted agains it, it's obvious that other civs which are target of that resolution will hate you a little more. Moreover, you could switch to intolerant to remove confucianism from your cities: then you won't have this problem anymore. ;)

Edit: LOL, Joseph now you beat me every time! :lol:

Hey 45°38'N-13°47'E, were you able to duplicate the bug I reported? I'm just wanting to know that it's been noted if it is in fact a bug.

@blueblood,

First, your not using 610 version, but an earlier version, I had to update the files.

I actually had a look at the game, ALL vassals that you make, end up at war with EVERYONE, including the previous vassals that self released.

I think the problem is the revolution index of the cities, BEFORE , you release them, they are quite high, one over 1K.

Or 2nd thought I had, was because you control the apostolic palace, and they leave the religious fold, they are immediately declared war upon by all the confusions.

I had another look at it, I was able to grant requests to form vassals and independent states without going to war, and one revolutionised into an independent state, at war only with myself.

I think Its a Runtime C++ error, that I ran into for 3 turns, right about then, it happened for 3 turns, then suddenly stopped.

I've attached the Pythonerr.log and the Pythondbg.log files as .txt files.

Enjoy

Top Bottom