AND2 and SVN Bug Reports - A New Dawn 2 ONLY

Hi there I'm trying to win a scientific victory but it's not working? I built the ascension gate, the populaiton in all cities gets decreased by -30 and nothing happens? Do I have to wait a specific ammount of turns?

Revision number and savegame please, so that I can check. :)

@Frank: If Mastery Victory is enabled it ignores all other victory conditions. You have to wait until the end of the game to see who is the winner - Building the Ascension Gate merely adds a bunch of points to your score. If MV is disabled then I dunno. I've never gotten that far in the game to know how it works. :p

I guess that's it then, I have mastery enabled it's kinda going to take forever so I'm going to load a previous game and launch a spaceship since that is going to be faster.

45°38'N-13°47'E;13141489 said:
Revision number and savegame please, so that I can check. :)

Thanks for trying to help, I guess the thing is I have mastery victory enabled too.

I guess that's it then, I have mastery enabled it's kinda going to take forever so I'm going to load a previous game and launch a spaceship since that is going to be faster.

Thanks for trying to help, I guess the thing is I have mastery victory enabled too.

Launching the spaceship won't help anyway, you can't win this way if Mastery is enabled :)
Mastery Victory overrules every other victory; you will win if at the end of the game you'll have a higher score (not the one shown over the minimap, the one shown in the victory screen). Or, as a last resort, you can enable Mercy Rule under BUG options, this could help cut the game before the last turn.

45°38'N-13°47'E;13142512 said:
Launching the spaceship won't help anyway, you can't win this way if Mastery is enabled :)
Mastery Victory overrules every other victory; you will win if at the end of the game you'll have a higher score (not the one shown over the minimap, the one shown in the victory screen). Or, as a last resort, you can enable Mercy Rule under BUG options, this could help cut the game before the last turn.

Really? Oh dang :lol:
Going to try mercy rule then.

rev684 nonSVN

game hangs at the discovery of Cure For Cancer. blue marble forever.
So I brought over Cure for cancer.bik from C2C thinking it is the video that the program is trying to find, however there must be something else. Any ideas?

rev684 nonSVN

game hangs at the discovery of Cure For Cancer. blue marble forever.
So I brought over Cure for cancer.bik from C2C thinking it is the video that the program is trying to find, however there must be something else. Any ideas?

No way this can be caused by A New Dawn (or Civ4 at all). A blue screen can be caused by hardware failure or some problem with the operating system. Sorry but I have no other ideas; I've built Cure for Cancer a lot of times and never had similar problems.

NoNo, REVOLVING blue marble, "as in waiting for other civs".
I thought it might be the wonder movie as that is the last new thing this turn. the movie does not start but the notice says it has just been discovered by another civ.

NoNo, REVOLVING blue marble, "as in waiting for other civs".
I thought it might be the wonder movie as that is the last new thing this turn. the movie does not start but the notice says it has just been discovered by another civ.

Oh sorry, I didn't understand. Can you then upload a savegame so that I can check?

View attachment 372883

In the meantime I will cheat around the issue as I am only 20 or 30 turns to the end anyway.

Also I want to say thank you for your work on this mod. I am able to (almost) complete the whole playthru without a hitch. GREAT WORK!
In comparison, I can only play thru 3/4 of the ancient era of C2C and get 2-3 MAF's and 2_3 CTDs' before I give up. Using the same setup. ie; huge map, 7civ's, epic, very basic options and 764x1028 low graphics. (with AND I use 1920x1080)

With only seven civilisations, I think you'd be better off playing on a Large map.

I have to play a 80%-90% water world with few civs in order to finish any games.
I have only one gig card with no graphics on the processor i5-3550P (P means NO graphics)
I would like to be able to play with more civs AND be able to finish a game but I do the best I can with what I have.

So, seriously, don't play on a huge map. Play on a medium or large map and you'll find the load to be easier.

Please don't be offended , but Please give me some credit, The fact is that I play civ upwards of 60, yes,60, hours a week. for the last 10 years. Minus a couple of years for Fallout3 and Jagged Alliance 2.
Playing is all I do.

I'm currently playing 12 starting civs, revolution and barbarian civs, which makes it 18 civs now that I'm at the end of industrial era. Large map but blitz speed. And I have a 1GB video ram, 4GB ram and an almost 5 years old quadcore. No crashes, MAF or anything.

Well, that is why I have become one of your newest and biggest fans!
You are blending the best of BTS with the best of C2C and of course, the amazing RoM plus your "secret ingredients" to build the perfect mod.

All Fun - NO BLOAT! - All The Time!

@45, Have you had the time to look at my savegame posted above yet? I have started a new game and have the same missing video and picture so I need to know if I have a bad install or if they were accidently omitted sometime. I looked in worldbuilder cities and there is no picture.
Cure For Cancer Is the issue I believe causing the game hang.

@45, Have you had the time to look at my savegame posted above yet? I have started a new game and have the same missing video and picture so I need to know if I have a bad install or if they were accidently omitted sometime. I looked in worldbuilder cities and there is no picture.
Cure For Cancer Is the issue I believe causing the game hang.

I've done some test with your savegame but other civs have always built CFC before me, so I don't know. But in other games I've tried I've had no issues with CFC at all and video was playing normally.

Have just seen a strange message at the start of my turn: "Error in buildingBuilt event handler <function onBuildingBuilt at 0x1B4414B0>". I didn't build any buildings this turn, but I do see that Machu Picchu has been built this turn (drats, I've got heaps of mountains and that would have really helped. I think it's way over-powered, really). Given that the effects of that wonder are fairly complicated, it strikes me as unlikely that I would see that warning exactly the turn that the wonder is built if the two weren't related.

Have just seen a strange message at the start of my turn: "Error in buildingBuilt event handler <function onBuildingBuilt at 0x1B4414B0>". I didn't build any buildings this turn, but I do see that Machu Picchu has been built this turn (drats, I've got heaps of mountains and that would have really helped. I think it's way over-powered, really). Given that the effects of that wonder are fairly complicated, it strikes me as unlikely that I would see that warning exactly the turn that the wonder is built if the two weren't related.

Were you playing always with the same revision from the start or have you changed revision as the game was progressing? I ask because I've never had any problem with Machu Pichu but I've seen similar errors while switching through revisions.

I must have a bad install because you say that you were able to continue the game but the game will not continue for me, I just get the spinning ball. And, I did not build CFC another civ built it.

Top Bottom