AND2 and SVN Bug Reports - A New Dawn 2 ONLY

Ahhh I was hoping I attached the right minidump. It was created April 12 at 5AM which is when I was having the crashes, so I assumed it was the right one...

Anyway. Yes, this game was started with 686, and I had changed mods several times during the course of the game (C2C twice, Mongoose Mod once, and BTS's Defense once as well) without any problems.
Whenever switching mods I'd do the following:
*Delete all files in the Local/MyGames/etc/Cache directory
*Delete the ini and .bak file in the MyDocuments/MyGames folder (Which is tedious because I have to keep re-enabling Camera Flying every time I want to play a different mod :( Start Civ, exit Civ, edit file, re-start civ. This is especially annoying for AND and moreso for C2C because of how long they take to start-up heh.)
*If a mod had been updated recently I'll also start and quit a Play Now game

Ahhh I was hoping I attached the right minidump. It was created April 12 at 5AM which is when I was having the crashes, so I assumed it was the right one...

Anyway. Yes, this game was started with 686, and I had changed mods several times during the course of the game (C2C twice, Mongoose Mod once, and BTS's Defense once as well) without any problems.
Whenever switching mods I'd do the following:
*Delete all files in the Local/MyGames/etc/Cache directory
*Delete the ini and .bak file in the MyDocuments/MyGames folder (Which sucks because I have to keep re-enabling Camera Flying every time I want to play a different mod :( )
*If a mod had been updated recently I'll also start and quit a Play Now game

Then I really don't know. :(
It happened to me too some months ago but I thought it was caused by a change in revision or possibly by using another mod from time to time. I'm sorry but I really don't know what's causing the problem.

(Which is tedious because I have to keep re-enabling Camera Flying every time I want to play a different mod :( [/I]

This is why I save a copy of the ini file in another folder. When I need to delete those ini and bak file, I simply copy back my original ini file. :)

45°38'N-13°47'E;13166977 said:
This is why I save a copy of the ini file in another folder. When I need to delete those ini and bak file, I simply copy back my original ini file. :)

That's actually what I started doing when the game crashed on me :lol:
Was working for a while, maybe something went wrong?

It shouldn't have... I hadn't created a copy of the AND ini file yet, so I had deleted the main ones after moving the previous copy out, and when I exited the game to adjust the Camera Flying option, that's when it crashed. It was a freshly generated INI and the cache had been cleared :confused:

Very strange. Oh well, new game it is then :ack:

Is it normal to get a Quest that obsoletes/fails in the Classical Era when you're already in the Classical Era? :lol:
View attachment 373495

This was just one turn ago that I got this quest, but have been in the Classical Era for several techs now (Monarchy, Iron Working, Meditation...)
I haven't gotten any message about it failing yet after passing a few turns, so it's either bugged into thinking I'm not in the Classical, or the text is wrong and it obsoletes at some other event? :confused:

*Edit* Oh yeah an amusing note: This quest is impossible to finish anyway on this map (The 'Orion' scenario that came with AND) without entering the World Builder since there are no Horse resources in the entire Huge map :lol: :crazyeye:

Hey, at least you need just 1 horse resource - I really don't like the quests which say things like "you need 15 arenas", and in the meantime we're all at 5-6 cities and already starting to have wars over territory...

They're [supposed to be] based on Map Size, so huge ones would need more... But sometimes the expectations are a bit much even then. Especially with the ones that obsolete very quickly and/or require you to near bankrupt yourself in cities just to achieve the conditions. One quest I utterly hate is the 'Blessings of the Sea' one. It's pretty much only practical on Archipelago maps with tiny islands, since otherwise you just won't have enough landmasses to settle on to fulfill its requirements and the reward is just pitiful too.

The Holy Mountain quest is much easier, but still not that worthwhile.

There were some other events that seemed to have been disabled entirely. Not sure if they're enabled in AND or not or how I'd enable them, but there was this one that required (IIRC) you to be using Buddhism and have a Forge in the city... A lot of the religions had some unique event for that religion, but they were all - for whatever reason - set to 0/0 so they'd never occur, just like the destructive Tsunami event.

Hmm so I was playing my game... And Isabella offered to be my Vassal. Fun!
A little while later I declared war on Confucian Hirohito, and razed one of his [lightly guarded] border cities because he was expanding a bit too aggressively for my comfort. Well a little later he paid the Dutch (Also Confucian) to declare on me and Izzy as well.

The very next turn, the Holy Roman (Judaism as with me and Izzy) declared on the Dutch! Interestingly enough, it was my vassal who got him to declare war :confused:
The diplomatic advisor shows that they had a -2 for "You brought a war ally against us!" when there was no such penalty before these wars broke out.

I didn't know that vassals could bring other leaders into your wars :crazyeye:

They can, that part of the code was there for ages and I didn't notice it until recently because I suspect that some part of that code is causing OOS problems in MP. Anyway I don't see any particular problem as long as your Vassals don't engage in a war of their own.

45°38'N-13°47'E;13170960 said:
They can, that part of the code was there for ages and I didn't notice it until recently because I suspect that some part of that code is causing OOS problems in MP. Anyway I don't see any particular problem as long as your Vassals don't engage in a war of their own.

Ah interesting, I didn't know they could do that :)

Hi,

consistent crash to desktop upon end-of-turn. Rev 684. 1667AD (849/1800 turns).

Zip-compressed save file attached. Anything else needed?

Cheers,
A.

Attachments

• u5.zip
    2.6 MB · Views: 52
Hi,

Cheers,
A.

Yes Minidump Please. Will need to zip it too to upload. Minidump.dmp file found if Main BtS directory where the .exe lives.

You should probably update to version 686 and you might be able to conyinue your game. We do have Max Compatibility for savegames in the Mod. This allows you to continue your save games with a newer version of the mod.

JosEPh

Yes Minidump Please. Will need to zip it too to upload. Minidump.dmp file found if Main BtS directory where the .exe lives.

You should probably update to version 686 and you might be able to conyinue your game. We do have Max Compatibility for savegames in the Mod. This allows you to continue your save games with a newer version of the mod.

JosEPh

Hi,

I can't see any file named minidump.* in any Civ IV-related folder. Not in the "C:\Program Files (x86)\Firaxis Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4\Beyond the Sword\" folder, nor in "~\My Documents\My Games\Beyond the Sword\". In fact, searching all of C:\ for "minidump" reveals only "C:\Windows\Minidump" and one other minidump folder in my home folder somewhere (for a reference manager software, completely unrelated).

What a shame, I probably won't be able to continue that game; I was specifically trying to finally get past the Renaissance in AND, and was almost there!

Edit: I tried opening the Worldbuilder to see what might be going on, on the turn after which it crashed. Crash-to-desktop straight away.

Cheers,
A.

@aggri,

Just update to 687 and see if it will allow you to continue.

The Minidump.dmp file will generate a minidumpxxx.dmp file in the Main BtS folder:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Firaxis Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4\Beyond the Sword\MiniDump.dmp

Have you Modified AND?

JosEPh

Hi,

Cheers,
A.

I'll have a look when I can aggri1, thank you.

Alright so Greece died very very early in the game (He didn't even have The Wheel!), and a recent rebellion brought him back. Well a little later, I got my vassals asking me to declare war on him, with Mansa Musa (Barbarian-spawned many centuries after Alex went down) asking me twice - and because he was a vassal I couldn't ask either of them to "make peace" nor could I force it via world builder :crazyeye:

View attachment 373693

Random thought of the day:

I don't know how many people here are familiar with IRC, but I've used it a lot for chat with other developers on other open-source projects and it's fairly helpful to discuss ideas in real time, in addition to forums. Is there any interest in an irc channel for this project? I don't care where.

... and because he was a vassal I couldn't ask either of them to "make peace" nor could I force it via world builder :crazyeye:

You do know that you can go into the World Builder and change diplomatic relationships?

You do know that you can go into the World Builder and change diplomatic relationships?

The problem I'm having is the vassal is "at war" with the other civilization even though I'm not. They can't make peace unless I make peace, and I can't make peace since I'm already not at war with them. I tried that once before and they went to Friendly with each other, but my vassal continued to ask me to declare on the other guy.

The relationships slider is cumbersome to use too... I keep accidentally adding like, +17 or +30 or more by accident when I just want a small amount. And why can't I force alliances with it or add in Projects like the Internet? :crazyeye:

Random thought of the day:

I don't know how many people here are familiar with IRC, but I've used it a lot for chat with other developers on other open-source projects and it's fairly helpful to discuss ideas in real time, in addition to forums. Is there any interest in an irc channel for this project? I don't care where.

I'm not very familiar with IRC but I can use it. Problem is that we are 6 timezones apart and it could be difficult to chat in real time... :) That said, I'm interested, anywhere you prefer.

Top Bottom