AND2 and SVN Bug Reports - A New Dawn 2 ONLY

I've noticed when you invent mountaineering (walk on mountains) and then get Algebra (able to found cities on mountains) you can build on mountains, however if you invent Algebra first and then mountaineering you cannot. what is the trigger using/building on mountains? Is it another technology? Cause switching the tile makes them accesable already with mountaineering.

using 1064

Using the worldbuilder and removing algebra then adding it back fixes it. Seems you need both techs but finding algebra first causes and issue.

Last edited:
It's not a bug. I haven't figured out how to get OR prerequisite icons to show up on techs on the F6 screen. The Feudalism - Civil Service arrow is suppressed so that it doesn't do the ugly backwards arrow that shows up when an arrow goes between two techs in the same column.

To get to Civil Service, you can research either Politics + Sanitation, or go down the line of Politics - Vassalage - Feudalism. If you go the Feudalism route, then it saves you one Classical Era tech (Vassalage vs. Ancient Medicine + Sanitation) but it requires you to research an extra Medieval tech (Feudalism). It all depends on how badly you want CS and what you think is more valuable on the way there. I'm all in favor of variant OR paths to technologies if I think they are plausible, especially in the early eras.

Find me an upwards / downwards arrow artwork and i can code it lol

rev 1065 movement limits wont work with Mega civ pack (latest 1.8.5 version), Im sure it worked earlier revisions because I always use MCP and terrain damage is on. Without MCP it works as inteted.
Can someone test this? Maybe its just me..

rev 1065 movement limits wont work with Mega civ pack (latest 1.8.5 version), Im sure it worked earlier revisions because I always use MCP and terrain damage is on. Without MCP it works as inteted.
Can someone test this? Maybe its just me..
I always use MCP and I have no problem.

Any ideas what might cause this? Several fix installations and clearing cache etc.. nothing works. Without MCP it works just fine, just tested again clean instal via svn.
Game options in config file look like this GameOptions = 0010000000010000010100100100110110110010000100110000011111100001

Here is one, standard map. MCP installed and movement limits on.

Edit: I changed mod path to this:
C:\Games\Civilization IV Complete\Sid Meier's Civilization 4 Complete\Beyond the Sword\Mods
before it was:
C:\Users\omistaja\Documents\My Games\Beyond the Sword\MODS

And now it works:)

Attachments

• omistaja BC-5550.CivBeyondSwordSave
    291.3 KB · Views: 142
Last edited:
Ok so after this last update Mod Rev 1066 my coast/island tiles are jacked up. They show red bumps on the screen and the mouse rollover text says "TXT_KEY_FEATURE_ISLAND/Coast"

I also want to thank you guys for this mod it totally rocks.

*Edit 1* Turns out when I try to play the game the city build menu has issues as well
*Edit 2* When I reinstall Mod Rev 1062 (which is the only version I have saved to disk) everything works as expected

Last edited:
Civ4ScreenShot0000.JPG

Ok so after this last update Mod Rev 1066 my coast/island tiles are jacked up. They show red bumps on the screen and the mouse rollover text says "TXT_KEY_FEATURE_ISLAND/Coast"

I also want to thank you guys for this mod it totally rocks.

*Edit 1* Turns out when I try to play the game the city build menu has issues as well
*Edit 2* When I reinstall Mod Rev 1062 (which is the only version I have saved to disk) everything works as expected

Islands aren't part of the AND core. My guess is you have an incompletely installed modmod. Which modmods are you trying to play with?

Islands aren't part of the AND core. My guess is you have an incompletely installed modmod. Which modmods are you trying to play with?
I'm playing with both Chronicles modules and the Mega Civ pack module checked and I use the New Dawn launcher. Everything has worked fine for as long as I can remember until this morning when clicked the "Update available" button on the launcher. That's when it broke. I then deleted the entire folder, reinstalled the mod (version 1062) and modules and it worked fine. I then hit the "Update available" button and again it was broke. Deleted the mod folder once more and reinstalled again (version 1062) and the modules and it works fine. That is what I'm playing now. That's all the info I think I have.

I'm playing with both Chronicles modules and the Mega Civ pack module checked and I use the New Dawn launcher. Everything has worked fine for as long as I can remember until this morning when clicked the "Update available" button on the launcher. That's when it broke. I then deleted the entire folder, reinstalled the mod (version 1062) and modules and it worked fine. I then hit the "Update available" button and again it was broke. Deleted the mod folder once more and reinstalled again (version 1062) and the modules and it works fine. That is what I'm playing now. That's all the info I think I have.

I don't use launchers, and I don't really know anything about them. What happens if you move all the files for the modules onto your desktop, then update, then restore the module files to where they were? I just did some test playing with 1066 and it works fine.

It looks like a problem with Chronicles. IIRC, Zeta Nexus added some resources on the sea which are probably not being shown correctly.

Capture.JPG
I don't use launchers, and I don't really know anything about them. What happens if you move all the files for the modules onto your desktop, then update, then restore the module files to where they were? I just did some test playing with 1066 and it works fine.
Capture.JPG

The Launcher is part of the Mod and it's pretty cool.

Got it......so wait for 1067?

No, you'd have to wait for Chronicles to be updated or play without it. Chronicles and MCP are modmods that run on top of AND. If we made some major changes to AND, then the modmods might not work, but almost nothing that I personally would do could break one. Things might be inconsistent, like changed versions of base buildings no longer corresponding with UB replacements, but that doesn't break anything.

View attachment 473604
View attachment 473602

The Launcher is part of the Mod and it's pretty cool.

You don't have to use it. I work directly off the SVN files. I actually don't care for launchers, can install mods perfectly well without having to run a separate program, and especially despise them leaving clutter behind in my Programs and Features menu. (First thing to do if I absolutely must install a mod from a launcher is move the mod to the desktop, remove the Programs and Features entry, then restore the mod files.)

Well thanks for the help. Rev 1062 works just fine so I'll stick with that for now. Again this Mod rocks, glad you guys are working on it again.

It looks like a problem with Chronicles. IIRC, Zeta Nexus added some resources on the sea which are probably not being shown correctly.
It's Chronicles and I have no ide what can be wrong :confused:
I will update to 1066 and see...

Top Bottom