1. We have added the ability to collapse/expand forum categories and widgets on forum home.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Photobucket has changed its policy concerning hotlinking images and now requires an account with a $399.00 annual fee to allow hotlink. More information is available at: this link.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. All Civ avatars are brought back and available for selection in the Avatar Gallery! There are 945 avatars total.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. To make the site more secure, we have installed SSL certificates and enabled HTTPS for both the main site and forums.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Civ6 is released! Order now! (Amazon US | Amazon UK | Amazon CA | Amazon DE | Amazon FR)
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Dismiss Notice
  7. Forum account upgrades are available for ad-free browsing.
    Dismiss Notice

AND2 and SVN Bug Reports - A New Dawn 2 ONLY

Discussion in 'Rise of Mankind: A New Dawn' started by 45°38'N-13°47'E, Aug 31, 2012.

1. Fozman

Fozman Chieftain

As far as this goes, I'd double check your Administrative Rights, User Access Control, Compatibility Mode and all that other Windows stuff. I hear Win10 can be bad about some of this, especially if it is a new build and you don't have your settings changed yet. Could also be something to do with graphics or rendering, DirectX compatibility problems would be the next place I'd look.

Are you able to play a game in base BtS at all? Or is this issue strictly because of the mod?
    If you can eventually get into a game, it's on the far right side of the BUG menu. Use the little arrows to move to the furthest right tabs in the menu. You can kick the output up to Debug level to get all the information possible.
    log1.png log2.png

2. Void of Winter

Void of Winter Chieftain

Never gotten this before. Put simply, my income minus expenses does not equal what I should be bringing in. No ideas why.

Attached Files:

3. Vokarya

Vokarya Chieftain

Something is going with representing interest in the Financial Advisor. If you take off the 100 gold per turn interest, you get 546 gold/turn. 546 - 577 = -31, which is what you are seeing.

As further confirmation, if you go into WorldBuilder and remove the Piazza San Marco, your positive income drops to 533 gold/turn from the loss of interest as well as Piazza's +6 innate gold (before modifiers). The Financial Advisor then displays income, expenses, and the difference between them properly.

4. Void of Winter

Void of Winter Chieftain

So I basically lost the Piazza's income out of nowhere?

5. Vokarya

Vokarya Chieftain

You are getting Piazza's income, but it's not being properly figured into the numbers showing on-screen.

If I take your save game and end the turn, the treasury goes from 37866 gold to 37935. That's an increase of 69 gold, equal to the -31 gold being reported on screen plus the 100 gold from Piazza. So the money's coming in, but that income number in the upper-left corner isn't showing it.

My guess is that the function calculategoldrate in CvPlayer.cpp, lines 12508-12527, needs to include interest and it isn't currently doing so. This is something for 45* to handle when he has a chance.

6. Void of Winter

Void of Winter Chieftain

Thanks. I wasn't sure if it actually was a bug.

7. Vokarya

Vokarya Chieftain

It is a bug in terms of the information presented to you on screen. The game isn't supposed to lie to you.

8. IPEX-731BA5DD06

IPEX-731BA5DD06 Chieftain

SVN 1066 Trading for workers.

When you trade for workers, they don't become your civs worker type.

What I mean is, I'm currently Gandhi, in a high to low game, 2nd Civ.

I traded for Horses and a worker, and gave up a tech in rudder.

The worker I received, didn't become a fast worker, but is still a normal worker, graphics and all.

If I capture workers, they become fast workers, build them, I assume so, as I'm playing with a few rules

1. Can't build any workers.
    2. Can't build any offensive siege weapons, ie only rams line

Solution - Change traded workers to fast workers. I think the reverse is also true, if I trade a fast workers, it stays a fast worker.

I traded 1 fast worker, but I've never seen it, as it would still have the "Indian state slave" title to its name.

Item 2 Caravans cost V's Benefit. They seem strangely out of sync with this, on Eternity speed (the slowest) they cost 1452:hammers:, but they only give a benefit of 342:hammers: That is only a 20% cost / Benefit ratio.

If this is Working As Designed (WAD), then I have to suck it up and only build for a new city to get :hammer: buildings up quickly.

My solution - Halve the cost of Caravans, or make them cost 150% of Benefit given in hammers/food. This would seem fairest. A trader only cost 435:hammers: and gives approx 100 - 130:hammers: (depending on city multipliers) Caravans are 3.33 times the cost.

Freight cost 2904 V's 1452 a ratio of x 2

Last edited: Jul 22, 2017
  9. Zeta Nexus

Zeta Nexus Chieftain

I guess you are playing with assimilation on, right?

10. IPEX-731BA5DD06

No assimilation, I'll try a re-boot

11. Samson

Samson Chieftain

When unit costs were increased the trade units stayed the same benefit. I feel this made them pretty worthless. I think they were probably overpowered before, but I do feel they could do with a bit of a boost.

12. Vokarya

Vokarya Chieftain

I don't know if there is supposed to be a difference between gifting/trading units and capturing them. Capturing re-creates the unit, so it can change unit type (Settler -> Worker) and the captured unit loses its promotions. A gifted/traded unit stays intact, so I don't think it's easy to change its unit type without other risks. It isn't like a unit upgrade.

13. Fozman

Fozman Chieftain

Is there a bug with the Manufacturing Tech? It says "can build Industry" but:
    1. Assembly Line already does this; shouldn't Manufacturing say "can build Industrial Complex"?
    2. It has reverted my workers to building Workshop when they were previously able to build Industry.

14. Vokarya

Vokarya Chieftain

Yes, that's a doubled-up text key that should be made separate.

Whatever code handles hiding superseded improvements doesn't handle chains properly. The same thing happens with mines and cottages. If improvement A upgrades to B, but B upgrades to C, once C is available it hides B which stops B from hiding A.

15. Fozman

Fozman Chieftain

True, but with mines & cottages it will show both A and C. Could we make the same thing happen with the Workshop chain? Because right now, all I can build is A.

16. Vokarya

Vokarya Chieftain

Can you post a save game? I can look.

EDIT: Never mind. I found the problem. Workers were never given the ability to build Industrial Complexes. I'll add it.

Last edited: Jul 21, 2017
  17. IPEX-731BA5DD06

SVB 1966 Metallurgy text

Small error in the text, it has "allows mine to upgrade to shaft mine" x 2 on mouse over text

Just say something strange, you can build a mine over a Jungle camp, for gems, popped from jungle camp.

But you can't build a Plantation over a Farmed Tobacco resource. Ahh yes both upgrade to dome farms..... yesssss!!!!!!! :crazyeye:

Last edited: Jul 22, 2017
  18. Fozman

Fozman Chieftain

Vokarya...
    After upgrading from Factory to Manufacturing Plant, Tannery shows up in the build menu again. I don't think I built one in the cities prior to the Factory, which is probably why I noticed this. I think if you add Tannery to the "Replaces" list, that should clean this up.

MP-Tan-1.png MP-Tan-2.png

19. Vokarya

Vokarya Chieftain

I fixed that in v1066. Have you updated lately?

20. Vokarya

Vokarya Chieftain

That's a bug for improvements that can be pillaged downwards to another improvement instead of just disappearing when pillaged. Unfortunately that requires DLL-level work which I can't do.

That's another bug. The issue with Farms and Plantations is that they both upgrade to Dome Farms, while Jungle Camp and Mine do not upgrade to the same improvement. I would not know how to go about finding that problem.