Angel of Death Plague Animation (13 May 2006)

This is wonderful, Plotinus. I hope things work out well with the transparency map.:)

Powerful work, Man! It's goin into my regular game. Begone, crappy vultures!
BTW, I've been playing around with more ideas for the African Diplo and will post soon.

Well, I did say it was experimental!

Anyway, I've redone it with the raggedy cloak (which I think looks pretty good). What's more I've granted Heretic Cata's request and made two versions, a large one and a small one, so you can decide which you prefer for yourselves. No scythe, since I haven't really worked out how to make two-handed weapons look good. Have a look at the first post for the updated version.

[Traianus] Thanks a lot - looking forward to seeing what you come up with!

Woah, that looks fantastic. And, the semi-transparent cape really looks great in the in-game picture.

You did a great job with the new version. It's much better.:) Keep up the great work.:goodjob:

OMG this looks so cool and scary and evil and incredible. :eek: :eek: :eek:

I feel the need to make the plague in my mod a LOT stronger. :evil:

Plontius, this is great, and I'd also like to add my voice to the chorus requesting a (hovering) unit made off of this.... This would be perfect to represent the "Hades" summon in the Final Fantasy mod!!!

I might just have to enable plague in the FF mod now.....

Glad you all like it. Thanks to utahjazz for pointing out the transparency idea - a very useful trick.

Yes, maybe I'll make it into a unit at some point, although I'm a bit tired of seeing it hovering all over my screen for the time being!

HUGE improvement on something that was already great. This is awesome. Fine work and thanks a lot. :goodjob:

PS. When you do want to see him floating over your screen again, implementing him as a hovering airborne unit would be my suggestion.

EDIT 2: A little bird has informed me about possible animations, should this be turned into an airborne unit. Apparently the game has only one generic bombing animation. So this unit, should it be made, would have to share whatever bombing animation there is for the mod with all other air units that bomb. Not a problem if they are all of an angelic nature (you could use a lightning strike for all perhaps) but worth bearing in mind if not.

One world.. One game.. One Angel of Death!
It's COOL!It's COOL!It's COOL!It's COOL!It's COOL!It's COOL!It's COOL!It's COOL!It's COOL!It's COOL!It's COOL!It's COOL!It's COOL!It's COOL!It's COOL!It's COOL!It's COOL!It's COOL!It's COOL!It's COOL!It's COOL!It's COOL!It's COOL!It's COOL!It's COOL!It's COOL!It's COOL!It's COOL!It's COOL!It's COOL!It's COOL!It's COOL!It's COOL!It's COOL!It's COOL!It's COOL!It's COOL!It's COOL!It's COOL!It's COOL!It's COOL!It's COOL!It's COOL!It's COOL!It's COOL!It's COOL!It's COOL!It's COOL!It's COOL!It's COOL!It's COOL!It's COOL!It's COOL!It's COOL!It's COOL!It's COOL!It's COOL!It's COOL!It's COOL!It's COOL!It's COOL!It's COOL!It's COOL!It's COOL!It's COOL!It's COOL!It's COOL!It's COOL!
:crazyeye: :crazyeye: :crazyeye: :crazyeye: :crazyeye: :crazyeye: :crazyeye: :crazyeye: :crazyeye: :crazyeye:

Rambuchan said:
HUGE improvement on something that was already great. This is awesome. Fine work and thanks a lot. :goodjob:

PS. When you do want to see him floating over your screen again, implementing him as a hovering airborne unit would be my suggestion.

What a vision that would be! Adult nappies(diapers) all 'round!! :cry:

Rambuchan said:
EDIT 2: A little bird has informed me about possible animations, should this be turned into an airborne unit. Apparently the game has only one generic bombing animation. So this unit, should it be made, would have to share whatever bombing animation there is for the mod with all other air units that bomb. Not a problem if they are all of an angelic nature (you could use a lightning strike for all perhaps) but worth bearing in mind if not.

Are you sure about this? A quick explore through the unit folders reveals that the various aircraft all have their own bomb animations, which, moreover, differ from each other. So it looks to me like different angels could "bomb" in different ways if you want them to.

Plotinus said:
Are you sure about this?
Not at all. I was just relaying what a certain someone said to me. Your post brings great news!

Plotinus said:
Are you sure about this? A quick explore through the unit folders reveals that the various aircraft all have their own bomb animations, which, moreover, differ from each other. So it looks to me like different angels could "bomb" in different ways if you want them to.
Hm. You appear to be right. I was basing the assumption there's only one bombing animation for all on the fact there's a bombing animation in the folder for generic animations (along with fireworks, SDI, etc), and that there's no bombing line in the ini's. However, on closer inspection it looks like the VICTORY line is used for bombing. :crazyeye:

I won't be using it as an air unit (they're too wimpy to represent FF Summoned creatures, IMO), but rather as a land unit that ignores movement cost on all terrain (or has treats all terrain as roads flagged), and has the re-base option.

Top Bottom