1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Anno Domini Classic

Discussion in 'Civ3 - Completed Modpacks' started by Rob (R8XFT), Mar 23, 2008.

1. Rob (R8XFT)

Rob (R8XFT) Ancient Briton Super Moderator

Thanks for the comments :). You won't have to wait until the patch, I've uploaded an update (available in the first post) which corrects this issue and updates four old units with new Sandris ones ;).

2. Rrakkiss

Rrakkiss Chieftain

Ok, got bored 1 day and saw there was an update to AD now, so downloaded and tried it out. :)

First game was as Sparta and went fairly easy and got a VP win. However, 2nd game I took Carthage and ran into an issue that not sure if it has been seen before.

The problem is Civ is hanging when trying to complete the trade structure for trade victory. It worked fine for building the first 9 buildings but now it just hangs if I attempt to complete another trade victory building, and I have tried 2 of the last 3 with no luck. I was wondering if anyone had achieved a trade victory or had seen this issue?

Nice mod and plan to try a couple of the other civs too.

3. Rob (R8XFT)

Thanks, glad you like the mod. I've not come across the issue with civ hanging with the trade victory and did actually test this. Has anyone else run into issues? Are you running the game on Civ III Complete?

Also, there isn't the option for victory points, so I'm not sure how you won a VP win with Sparta, unless you're meaning that it was histographic victory - i.e. best civ after you'd reached the last playable turn.

4. Rob (R8XFT)

The beta version of the expansion pack "a different dawn" is now available. To read all about it and download it, go here.

5. Rrakkiss

Rrakkiss Chieftain

I have C3C but I'm running the no raze exe, so that could be the cause maybe, however, made it to the New World tech and got a Diplo win with carthage.

I then started an Illyria and played into 2nd era but was missing iron ore and didn't like position to much so gave up and started a Norse game. The Norse are monsters once you get to Thing Law, had more troops than knew what to do with in no time.

DL'd Different Dawn, will try game with it now.

6. againsttheflow

againsttheflow unpolitically uncorrect

I'm pretty sure the no-raze will not have anything to do with your problem.

7. Rob (R8XFT)

It may have something to do with it. Rrakkiss is the only person reporting this issue and is the only person saying they're using no-raze. Therefore, it can't be dismissed.

Anyone else playing "a different dawn" :mischief:?

8. Zefyrinus

Zefyrinus Regent

Hi. I was told to look here for answers about diplomacy texts (see this thread http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=299476). See, I need to know which civilization number correspond to which diplomacy text number, and I was told to look at the diplomacy text file in this mod. But I can't download as much as this mod is, so I'm wondering if anyone could upload just the diplomacy text file for me? Or better up, just answer my question above (underlined).

9. god_money

god_money Prince

I am!!!

...and wound up beating the Egyptians, Qin, and Carthaginians with Rome.

Still loving this mod, in any variation!

10. dave999

dave999 Chieftain

Newbie question I guess, but I am having a hard time getting this mod to install and run properly. Of the several files it seemed like I should download (confusing!), I did get a folder called 'Anno Domini Expansion' which contained the .biq and a folder called 'Anno Domini Classic,' containing 'Art' and 'Text' folders. I put the .biq and the 'Classic' folder in Civ III/Conquests/Scenarios, and the scenario shows up in Civ-COntent but CIV crashed on install, looking for a text file or an art file it can't find. Do I replace art and text folders in one of the other directories with the new ones--which ones? And do I need to back up the ones I replace?/

I also have 'Anno Domini Classic v1.09' and a download that just created a 'Scenarios' file.

Could someone possibly direct me to the correct files and tell me where to install them? I'm really excited about trying this out.

Thanks.

11. Blue Monkey

Blue Monkey Archon Without Portfolio

All in the first post: download and install, in order, AD Classic, Patch v1.09, and last of all the Update.

12. dave999

dave999 Chieftain

And this will put the art and text files in the right place?

I'll give it a whirl.

13. dave999

dave999 Chieftain

I must say, the CIV III file structure leaves my head spinning.

So:

From the first download ('Anno Domini Expansion'), I installed the files (a folder called 'Anno Domini Classic' and a .biq with the same name) into /.../Civilazation III Complete/Conquests.

In the second download ('Anno Domini Classic v1.09), I see a folder called 'Scenarios' containing a folder called 'Anno Domini Classic' and a .biq. I put these two files in the same place as with the first DL. (Should I have put them in /Conquests/Scenarios? Not clear from instructions above in the thread. I think I tried that too but at this point I can't recall.)

In the third download ('Scenarios'), I have again a folder called 'Anno Domini Classic' and a .biq. I did the same with these.

Every time I clicked 'replace older files/folders.'

Choosing Anno Domini from Civ-Content, I get the dreaded:

Missing entry in "text\pediaIcons.text":ICON_BLDG_Hunting_Lodge

If someone can give me idiot-proof instructions, I'm not too proud to take them.

Thanks.

14. jimkirk

jimkirk Prince

i had the same problem last night .. however i got it working last night i removed all my previous anno domini stuff .. and d/l and installed the new version into the folder along with the patch into c:?program files>infrogames>civ3>comquest folder

now it works and works sweet and the mod looks great too

15. Blue Monkey

you did fine except for one thing. You installed everything correctly under Conquests, as far as I can tell. But you also have a partial install in "Scenarios". It looks like that's the one you tried to play. "Scenarios" is the name of the folder. "Civ Content" is what shows up in the game. That can be confusing.

It doesn't matter whether you put it in "Conquests" or in "Scenarios", as long as everything is in the same place. Then if you also want the "Different Dawn" mod it must also be in the same folder - because it looks into the Anno Domini folder for some things.

I'd do as jimkirk suggests. Remove all the Anno Domini stuff wherever it is. Then do a clean install, in the order I gave you. If you install in that order it's okay to let it overwrite older files. If you do it in any other order you'll get things that don't work. Make sure you're putting them all inside the same place. If you grab the "scenarios" folder in the download you can just drag it inside the main Conquests folder (not the .../Conquests/Conquests folder). It won't overwrite any other scenarios.

16. dave999

dave999 Chieftain

So here's my problem:

The second download is a folder called Anno Domini Classic v1.09 which contains a folder called Scenarios. Seems like if I install this folder in /Conquests (no, not /Conquests/Conquests), I'll have a .biq (among other things) in /Conquests and another one in /Conquests/Scenarios--and the new Scenarios will overwrite whatever was in Scenarios to start with. Is this really what I want to do? I think I did this and I don't think it worked.

It seems more likely that I should install the contents of the Scenarios folder (not the folder itself) in /Conquests, and let the new .biq and the new Anno Domini folder overwrite the old one. Then the same with the third. But this is definitely not what I'm seeing in the instructions.

It's the presence of the Scenarios folder in the 2nd and 3rd downloads that is confusing me (among many other causes incidental to my own life...)

Thanks for all the advice--I'm going to go experiment some more, backing up the entire CIV III install first so I don't have to keep re-installing.

Sigh...

17. Blue Monkey

You don't say what you did with the first download. For the following make certain you have gotten rid of whatever anno domini stuff you have already installed. It's simplest to follow the way R8XFT set it up:

1) Whatever folders you end up with when you unzip the first download, look inside until you find an "Anno Domini" biq & an "Anno Domini" folder. I may not have got the spacing or spelling right. If I made a mistake in the names at this point, just substitute the correct names when reading the directions I give below. Grab those 2 and copy them to .../Conquests/Scenarios/.

2) Whatever folders you get when you unzip the 1.09 patch, look inside until you get to a Scenarios folder that has some Anno Domini stuff inside it. Maybe a folder called "Anno Domini", maybe a biq, maybe both.

Case A: If you've got what I described in (2) copy the Scenarios folder into ...Civ III/Conquests/... .It looks like you are going to replace the whole Scenarios folder, erasing all your scenarios. But that's not what's going to happen. This will only replace the parts of Anno Domini that are inside the .../Conquests/Scenarios folder that need to be replaced. No other scenario or mod will be affected.​
    Case B: If you have just a folder (not inside a Scenarios folder) called Anno Domini with stuff inside it (Art folder, Text folder, and/or biq) grab that folder and copy it into .../Conquests/Scenarios/ letting it overwrite whatever it wants to.

Case C: If and only if in step (2) you ended up with a folder called Scenarios (or Patch, or any other unexpected name) that immediately inside it has an Art and/or a Text folder grab those folders (and a biq if there is one) and copy them to .../Scenarios/Anno Domini/.
    4)For the Update - the third download in the first post: Look inside the folder you just unzipped.
    Case A: You eventually find a folder called Scenarios that has a folder inside it that is called Anno Domini, and/or a biq. If that's what you've got then grab the Scenarios folder, copy it to ...CivIII/Conquests/ and let it overwrite whatever it asks to inside the Scenarios folder.

Case B: You end up with an Art and or Text folder that are not inside a folder called Anno Domini. Something like Scenarios/Art, or Update/Art, without a folder in between. In that case, grab whatever you've got and copy it to the Anno Domini folder inside /Conquests/Scenarios.
    If none of that works you will have to post a clear description or screen shot of what folders you get when you unzip each download so I can help you.

18. dave999

dave999 Chieftain

OK.

I had the order wrong. It does make a lot more sense in the right order, although the different organization of the different downloads is a bit misleading, and there are no instructions in the first post that I can see (beyond the order, which I screwed up all on my own).

Howevevr. Even with all the 'Scenarios' folders successfully overwritten to 'Conquests', I crashed on install. I got further--around 60%, and the crash screen had different graphics. The offending (missing) file is Art\tech_chooser\Icons\Urbanism.

I'm going to try one more clean install and then ... don't know what.

Thanks, Blue Monkey, for all your help.

19. dave999

dave999 Chieftain

For all who have been eagerly following my saga...

Regedit to remove all traces of previous installations (along with everything else, it got so install was problematic but uninstall was not an option).

Checked for location of /.../Urbanism in the original DL.

Fresh downloads, installed in order.

Still crashing looking for that missing file.

Checked the installed files, only to find that about 10 icon files, from T..something to Warband, didn't copy over...mystery.

Copied them over by hand, run, Civ-Content, Anno Domini, random leader:

4000 BC and the Norse are prepared to take over the world.

Once again, thanks for all your help.

20. muzbang

muzbang Prince

Hello,

just on word :
    i dwld the files,
    i extrac them in the good folder and in the good order;
    i started a game but after a few turns, the game crash du to a missing entry in the pediaicons : AIMATE... highland_sperman

So i've added 2 rows for that animation (copying it from the first pediaicons)... and it works fine for the 40 first turns

Hopefully i know a little how to correct errors, but i don't think every one be able to modify the pedia file... so it would be better to modify the file in the first post it think !

Great game, interesting, but it seem's to be hard, once at war, major part of the AI quickly go at war against me... (i set them agressive but not the higher level, and the difficulty is the 3rd most difficult level)

Good job ! (hope there are no more missing entries)