Anno Domini Rise of Cities edition

Anno Domini: Rise of Cities edition (latest version dated November 9th 2016) 27

Trying v26
Look hard.
-Desease/Ebola strike quickly without any way to prevent illness
-Need tons of Infantry Guardsmen to kill barbarian camps

Does "Events System" from Adv Setup need to be enabled ?
If so, where is the events panel that we are supposed to reach when noticed ?

Attachments

• eventsEnable.jpg
    eventsEnable.jpg
    104.8 KB · Views: 81
  • Events Panel.jpg
    Events Panel.jpg
    25.7 KB · Views: 107
My understanding is that you do need to enable the events system, though I think that just enables the events from Vox Populi (there aren't many I left in) and that Sukritact's Events and Decisions are still there. The reason there's no events panel is because you have EUI, which is not compatible with Anno Domini. I had the same thing myself and thought I'd messed up the mod, but EUI loads automatically with Vox Populi and sits there as a DLC.

I haven't had a problem with disease myself; it's no more or less virulent than it is in CID.

3 little problems/suggestions:

Spoiler :

you forgot the pikeman, and Landsknecht is purchase from mercenary contract, not from cities.

2. you may find a more proper unit model and icon for the Polish Wlodyka in https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=330325828&searchtext=Poland, may be better than the winged hussar.

3. there is a unique unit model for Varangarian in JFD's Mercenary, seems you forgot it?

Edit:
4. the Germans in the enemies of Rome pack, have the east asian city style.

5. The pedia said that 2h swordman is a unit doesn't require resource, but it require iron actually.

6. Caledonian warrior cause "Texture Load Error" bug.

7. The unit model of Lombary Duke is 3 modern infantry, lol

And AD is cool mod, the most beautiful overhaul mod for civ5 I have ever seen. Thank you for bring this to us!

My understanding is that you do need to enable the events system, though I think that just enables the events from Vox Populi (there aren't many I left in) and that Sukritact's Events and Decisions are still there. The reason there's no events panel is because you have EUI, which is not compatible with Anno Domini. I had the same thing myself and thought I'd messed up the mod, but EUI loads automatically with Vox Populi and sits there as a DLC.

I haven't had a problem with disease myself; it's no more or less virulent than it is in CID.

You are right. I wasn't aware about \assets affected by EUI install.
It was time for a clean install with a preventive Backup of \assets. Done
I restarted a game as Francia/Marathon. Currently at turn 493 and all is fine.

Thanks guys. I was aware that I needed to go over the civilopedia as there would need to be a handful of updates for the later stuff I added. I've added many of the civilizations straight from the author, the only amendments being to make them fit with Anno Domini by changing the cost and tech available (plus other small changes to bring them in line with their AD counterpart) of unique buildings and units. As such, I've missed items such as the unit model used, as that's what the original author used ;). Thanks for mentioning the oddments, I'll keep a list of them.

Add to the list 4 unit icons which don't show at one of the sizes. I'll make sure that's corrected when I do another update in the future.

Bug Report:

For unknown reason, when I captured a city from a CS, I annex it directly, without the option to choose create puppet or annex.

Log:

Attachments

• logggg.rar
    61.3 KB · Views: 34
I must admit that I have honestly no idea why that is. I did notice a number of errors in the lua log though (a lot of them being the same mercenaries line); I actually have had none in my lua logs since LeeS and others helped me fix them. Are you running any other mods at all? I have to ask....but I'm personally at a loss as to what is happening, but hope someone else will know.

EDIT: The only thing I can think of is if the additional cities city-states can build in Anno Domini are treated differently in some way.

Sorry for bother you again, the Germans in the "Enemies of Rome" pack starts with only one settler, while other civs start with one settler and one warrior. Is it intended?

And Batavi tribesman cause the "Unable to load texture bug", probably cause by the unit flag icon.

I copied it over from the original, but I'm wondering if it's copying a civ that starts with a unique scout or something. I'll check it out :).

EDIT: I can see what I've done. I've left the Slaganz as a warrior unique in the Civ set-up, but it comes in much later in the game. I'll do a patch as soon as I'm able, to address this and the other issues seen with Germany.

AD v26 / Francia / Marathon

At turn 821 two CTD so far without consequences. ( Del .\cache > Restart > running fine)

- The city banner of some city state in war look buggy. Noticed on preview versions (Pic 01)
- From arround turn 500 when a GP is expended, i get a Texture load error MS box telling "Unable to load Texture : assets\UI\Notification\instantyielnotification88.dds" + a red square shown in Pic 02. Before T500, a least 2 GP was expended without any Texture error.

All the Mods loaded are below. Tell me if one them could be the reason of these incidents

Attachments

• SiluresGraph.jpg
    SiluresGraph.jpg
    67.2 KB · Views: 104
  • Texturebug.jpg
    Texturebug.jpg
    116.8 KB · Views: 78
  • mods.jpg
    mods.jpg
    59 KB · Views: 107
@Rob:

First of thanks so much for the update of the Enemies of Rome pack! Everything works fine now. And the "option to choose create puppet or annex doesn't appear" issue I said yesterday doesn't re-appear after I clear my cache.

And the report/suggestions continues:

1. I play a couple of games which start at Anno Extentionis era and Anno Imperii era, and found that the all the AIs refuse to train any settler, so they keep to have 2 cities which found by the 2 settler at the start of the game, no more city is found during the whole game. Please notice that this situation does NOT appear when the game starts at Anno Incepti era.

2. I can't find any mercenary contract through the whole game, as this screenshot below shows:
Spoiler :

3. when the game start at Anno Imperii era, the starting military units are the Agraines, which, according to the pedia, can only get from mercenary contract.
Spoiler :

4. the description text of Government might need some changes:
Spoiler :

5. since you use Jan's icon for 2h swordsman, perhaps you'll find this unit models looks closer to the unit icon, or maybe you could make this/the current model/Japanese nodachi/Indian 2hsword enthic models?

6. the modern fishing boat model, lol :lol:
Spoiler :

P.S. Log files if you need:

Attachments

• Logs.rar
    28.1 KB · Views: 40
Top Bottom