Anno Domini Rise of Cities edition

Anno Domini: Rise of Cities edition (latest version dated November 9th 2016) 27

when i start up a new game, the hud seems to be glitched. i can't give units order besides from moving them around, so i can't even settle any cities. techs seems to have the same problem

i am using no extra mods besides this one, and have all the essential mods needed including all expansion packs for civ 5. i downloaded this mod from steam

It's a real puzzle then. Your logs indicate that they can't find anything for bison and cocoa and potentially this could be affecting the resource files. Again potentially, some city-states have specific resources that are city-state only, so if the resources aren't working properly, it's possible that this is why the city-state files aren't working.

Within each separate XML file, if one thing isn't working, it prevents the whole file from working. It can then have a chain reaction.

when i start up a new game, the hud seems to be glitched. i can't give units order besides from moving them around, so i can't even settle any cities. techs seems to have the same problem

i am using no extra mods besides this one, and have all the essential mods needed including all expansion packs for civ 5. i downloaded this mod from steam

..but is one of those expansion packs EUI? If so, that's what's causing it. It isn't an official expansion pack, but is a mod designed to be like an expansion pack. It's caught a few people out with Anno Domini.

..but is one of those expansion packs EUI? If so, that's what's causing it. It isn't an official expansion pack, but is a mod designed to be like an expansion pack. It's caught a few people out with Anno Domini.

with expansion packs i meant the official ones wich you have to pay for on steam. i don't see any suggesting something along the lines of eui.

am i missing something? i don't even know what eui is :confused:

i truly believe that patch 1.0.3.276 would do the trick.
Where i can find it? I'm not a Steam user

Diplomacy seems borked. I also keep getting notifications about decisions that are available, but no way to access them it seems. Not sure what that is about.

I love this mod and I love the idea of this mod. It covers my favorite eras of human history. I cannot seem to figure out this game though! I've been playing at Prince and the AI seems to be consistently blowing me away in every aspect. I never have this much trouble at vanilla Civ. Somehow the AI is advancing faster than me in tech, they are somehow able to build a ton of cities, and their cities are always higher in population than me.

Is there any notion of what I am doing wrong? I want to keep playing this mod, but I cannot figure it out in terms of strategy. Help?

with expansion packs i meant the official ones wich you have to pay for on steam. i don't see any suggesting something along the lines of eui.

am i missing something? i don't even know what eui is :confused:

i just realised some files in the mod list have ''V1'' and some ''V2'' typed behind it. do you think this is what's causing it?:crazyeye: i loaded them all because some civs i want to play as are v2 and some v1

Diplomacy should be okay, not sure why you're having an issue with it. The decisions are accessed via the same drop-down menu that the religion options are on, click on decisions and the decisions menu comes on screen.

@gilliebillie - some Civ packs are on v1 and others are on v2, this isn't the reason you're having issues.

Diplomacy should be okay, not sure why you're having an issue with it. The decisions are accessed via the same drop-down menu that the religion options are on, click on decisions and the decisions menu comes on screen.

I'll try reinstalling it. Perhaps that will fix my issue. I do not see a drop-down menu anywhere.

@gilliebillie - some Civ packs are on v1 and others are on v2, this isn't the reason you're having issues.

UPDATE:
i kinda solved the issue by manually installing the mod, rather than downloading it from steam. although the unit hud still looks bugged, i can atleast give them orders now.

:king:

I'll try reinstalling it. Perhaps that will fix my issue. I do not see a drop-down menu anywhere.

As an update, manually reinstalling the mod did not work. I do not see any drop down menu nor does clicking the diplomacy button bring anything up on screen. What do you need from me to address this? A save file? Screenshots? Both?

Hi. Since you released the Cities in Development mod, I can't load up my game that was started before. It won't let me play without this mod as it considers it a "required dependency". Do you know how to fix this? Thanks in advance!

As an update, manually reinstalling the mod did not work. I do not see any drop down menu nor does clicking the diplomacy button bring anything up on screen. What do you need from me to address this? A save file? Screenshots? Both?

Logs would be good. Not sure I'll be able to resolve it for you, but I'll at least try.

Hi. Since you released the Cities in Development mod, I can't load up my game that was started before. It won't let me play without this mod as it considers it a "required dependency". Do you know how to fix this? Thanks in advance!

With such a major update, it will break saved games. To be honest, even with the new version of Anno Domini without Cities in Development, I don't think it would work. If you wanted to try it, you can delete dependancies by manually deleting them from each separate ini file.

By the way, the website is being updated daily. All the modcomps have instructions now and all of the buildings have been updated to the new version. Please check it out, it can be used as a reference tool or to simply check details of the mod. It'll show you, for example, how to access decisions.

Rob.

Here's the most recent version of Scipio with nerfs to various affects that people thought were a bit too OP like over the top Babylon OP

I have not updated the original Scipio mod thread with any of these changes as yet.

Ignore anything you see within the mod about compatibility to JFD's or Sukritact's or other people's mods because I am still trying to figure all that out. I pulled all the files from the mod for these but there might still be a reference here and there within texts to those other game-mechanic mods. So Scipio's Rome for example would only get the generic E&D events or decisions, for example.

Mod Configurability:
  1. You and users can configure the behavior of the mod to a certain degree
  2. Find the file called ScipioModConfigurations.xml in the folder ModConfigurations
  3. Open the file and you will see these contents:
    Code:
    [color="red"]<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
    <!-- Created by ModBuddy on 2/11/2016 8:05:12 PM -->
    <!--

ScipioModConfigurations (
    	CivilizationType 				text		REFERENCES Civilizations(Type)        default null,
            ProconsulsBuildCitadels				integer		DEFAULT 0,
            ProconsulsFoundCities				integer		DEFAULT 1,
    	ProconsulFromFirstCity				integer		DEFAULT 1,
    	ProconsulSpawnFromCivilSystem			integer		DEFAULT 1,
    	MinimumNumCitiesForProconsulFounding		integer		DEFAULT 1);

-->

<GameData>
    	<Table name="ScipioModConfigurations">
    		<Column name="CivilizationType" type="text" reference="Civilizations(Type)"/>
    		<Column name="ProconsulsBuildCitadels" type="integer" default="0"/>
    		<Column name="ProconsulsFoundCities" type="integer" default="1"/>
    		<Column name="ProconsulFromFirstCity" type="integer" default="1"/>
    		<Column name="ProconsulSpawnFromCivilSystem" type="integer" default="1"/>
    		<Column name="MinimumNumCitiesForProconsulFounding" type="integer" default="1"/>
    		<Column name="ProconsulStartingXP" type="integer" default="0"/>
    	</Table>[/color]
    	<ScipioModConfigurations>
    		<Row>
    			[color="red"]<CivilizationType>CIVILIZATION_SCIPIO_ROME</CivilizationType>[/color]
    			<ProconsulsBuildCitadels>1</ProconsulsBuildCitadels>
    			<ProconsulsFoundCities>1</ProconsulsFoundCities>
    			<ProconsulFromFirstCity>1</ProconsulFromFirstCity>
    			<ProconsulSpawnFromCivilSystem>1</ProconsulSpawnFromCivilSystem>
    			<MinimumNumCitiesForProconsulFounding>3</MinimumNumCitiesForProconsulFounding>
    			<ProconsulStartingXP>5</ProconsulStartingXP>
    		</Row>
    	</ScipioModConfigurations>
    </GameData>
    The parts in I have lighted in red you must never alter
  4. This portion allows you to configure the way the mod works:
    Code:
    	<ScipioModConfigurations>
    		<Row>
    			[color="red"]<CivilizationType>CIVILIZATION_SCIPIO_ROME</CivilizationType>[/color]
    		</Row>
    	</ScipioModConfigurations>
    • If you do not want Proconsul units to be able to create citadels, change this
      Code:
      to this​
      Code:
      <ProconsulsBuildCitadels>0</ProconsulsBuildCitadels>
    • If you do not want Proconsul units to be able to found new cities, change this
      Code:
      to this​
      Code:
      <ProconsulsFoundCities>0</ProconsulsFoundCities>
    • If you do not want Scipio's Rome to recieve a Proconsul upon founding their first city, change this
      Code:
      to this​
      Code:
      <ProconsulFromFirstCity>0</ProconsulFromFirstCity>
    • If you do not want Proconsul units to be spawned via the mod's civil points system (ie you only want them acquired through the usual Great General mechanics), change this
      Code:
      to this​
      Code:
      <ProconsulSpawnFromCivilSystem>0</ProconsulSpawnFromCivilSystem>
    • If you allow Proconsul units to create new cities for Scipio's Rome, but want to put a brake one how soon after game-start they can do this, there is a mechanic added to this version of the mod where X number of cities have to be founded in the normal way before a Proconsul can create a new city. As currently set, this value is 3 (three) cities are required. To change this limiter, change the "3" found here to the desired number
      Code:
    • You can decide how much XP a Proconsul is born with. Currently in the new version of the mod I have it set to '5' XP. To change this amount change the '5' found here
      Code:
      Just do not set the value to a negative number because I am not sure if that will cause game wig-out or not.

Other Changes to the mod:
  1. Scipio's Rome no longer replaces Augustus' Rome. It is its own Rome.
  2. Scipio can be used as an AI player though I haven't had a real chance to see how well he performs as an AI.
  3. Proconsul's gain XP much more slowly and they occur less frequently from the "civil" system when it is allowed to spawn Proconsuls.
    • I jacked up the increment value between spawnings via the civil system, so the 1st from the civil system will occur fairly quickly but then the occurance should drop off steeply
  4. The effect of the various character traits and talents have been nerfed to be generally percentage-based with small (+1, +2, +3) hard yield-amount values rather than crazy yield amounts like +9 Food when Proconsul gets 'promoted up' the "Farmer" ability levels.
  5. You can now get bad Proconsuls at any point in the game, including as the 1st one
  6. I have made Scipio's Rome able to Rush Complete a National or World Wonder when a Great Engineer is in or adjacent to a Scipio's Rome city. This is to allow the fundamental ability of the GE in a city being governed by a Proconsul. This is more in line with how other Non-Great-General Great People act.
  7. The 'administrator' line of Proconsuls has been severely nerfed.
    • The effects for an 'administrator' remaining in the same city over a period of time do not create the crazy effects they were before.
    • You get the possible free buildings from the administrator's inherent ability, either when you use the Proconsul to found a city or when he begins a governorship
    • If the administrator stays in the same city over an extended period of time there are additional much smaller positive effects that in the previous version of the mod
    • If the administrator stays in the same city for long enough a 'Governor's Mansion' is added to the city. This is the same mechanic as in the prevous version of the mod, but I nerfed the effects of this building. Once this Governor's Mansion is added to the city the affects that have been accruing to that city from the long-term residence of the same governor become permanent but no more additional affects are added in that city.
    • The hidden extra affects from having an administrator in the same city over a long period of time have been severely nerfed and they are added far less frequently
    • Adminsitrator Proconsuls are still King of the City-Governors, they are just not as crazy OP as before.
  8. Proconsuls governing cities gain XP much more slowly than in the previous released version of the mod
  9. City Names are stuff I stole from Rome Total War I or else I made up. Finding authentic city names for Rome is not easy because Rome just usually took over other people's cities. And what were Roman cities in the time of Claudius the Emporer for example were cities founded by someone else in most cases.

PS: I think you were using the slighltly different icons for the leader and the proconsul than the one I am directing the mod to use, but as far as I know the other icons are still within that same atlas you made for me with the much better civ icon and what-not.
PPS: this all was too big for a PM

Attachments

• Rome Scipio Africanus (v 16).zip
    1.9 MB · Views: 54
Sorry for the redundant question, but i'm experiencing some bugs with the latest version of AD.
Specifically, i can't see luxury resources and others, such horses, sheeps etc, neither city states or ancient ruins.
I have the complete edition of CIV, and the first time i've used CBP plus AD (and his requirements) then i've deleted CBP but still nothing.
Any help?

i truly believe that patch 1.0.3.276 would do the trick.
Where i can find it? I'm not a Steam user
So far as I was aware the only way to get Civ5 if you are not a Steam user is to be using Mac or Linux. But Mac and Linux by definition cannot use CPB or the CP DLL-Mod that is required to run CBP. So if you are attempting to run the CiD version of Anno Domini this simply won't work if you have OS or Linux and are not running Civ5 on an 'emulator' for Windows (even them I'm unsure this will work).

To get the update to the 276 patch-version of the game you'd have to use the OS AppStore thingie, I guess.

Top Bottom