Anno Domini Rise of Cities edition

Anno Domini: Rise of Cities edition (latest version dated November 9th 2016) 27

DIPLOMACY MENU "ISSUE"

To the people with the issues about diplomacy menu not working, you'll have to go into your civ 5 folder in steam, go to DLC remove ui_bc1 (for EUI) otherwise those menus will not visually show properly in this mod.

Is there a way to get this to work in multiplayer?

DIPLOMACY MENU "ISSUE"

To the people with the issues about diplomacy menu not working, you'll have to go into your civ 5 folder in steam, go to DLC remove ui_bc1 (for EUI) otherwise those menus will not visually show properly in this mod.

I wanted to quote this to try and concentrate a couple of things that I encountered, despite what I thought were fresh installs, and helped solve my issues. They might help others. I had the 'menu' issue quoted above.

My instant crash to desktop when trying to load saved games using the Anno Domini mod has had one success so far in trying to solve it:

I re-enabled cloud saves despite never using them, in the steam menu. There is some stuff there from ages ago. Some synching seemed to occur. The game still crashes when trying to load modded saves without going mods->next (loading the same mods as for the saved game)->single player->load game.

This is something to try, anyway, for those having reload issues. It has successfully loaded a modded save, once so far, for me.

Hi, ive loaded up my first game and no resources (icons or tile yields) are appearing on the map?

Ive researched techs to reveal several resources on the map ( mining, animal husbandry, fishing etc) and have explored a large section of the map and nothing is showing?

I am using Vercingetorix within this mod, and the 'master metalworkers' trait does not appear to work correctly.

You get a notification of 'gold' found after constructing a mine, but it is not shown as a resource on the map, nor does it get listed under your luxuries.

I am using Vercingetorix within this mod, and the 'master metalworkers' trait does not appear to work correctly.

You get a notification of 'gold' found after constructing a mine, but it is not shown as a resource on the map, nor does it get listed under your luxuries.

Im using Vercingetrix also, are you getting any resource icons at all, im not.

Tried other civs now with the same problem of no resources on the map. I have no other mods installed. So frustrating.

Anyone have an idea whats wrong?

Im using Vercingetrix also, are you getting any resource icons at all, im not.

Yes, things like fish and copper and tin show up on cue. I don't believe I am having the same issue as you. Not for everything like you are, anyway. But this mod is so extensive and I'm quite bewildered so far, so things might be missing. It's hard to keep track of 'shackles', delegates and other whatnot.

I would very much encourage a fresh install of civ v, including deleting your whole c/mygames/civ v folder before reinstalling. I don't think I can be more useful than that.

I'm not sure how accurate this is, but certain map types seem to screw up the resources.

It's kind of trial-and-error, if folks more experienced with the mod could post map types that 100% work, that would be helpful

The one i'm currrently using is Continental plus. Everything is fine

MGBGT you have to research Aristocracy m8 ;)
I think it's buged anyway because it will always reveal gold and nothing else. At least for me, I had so many gold mines i should be called "Vercingetorix the Midas"

I don't know whether this is a known bug or not, but Ithaca's unique ship is bugged.

When you're upgrading Hemiolia, it turns properly into Pentekonter unique unit, but then you find out you cannot actually BUILD more Pentekonters, because you only have a stock Galley in your build menu instead of it (which are a lot weaker and can't enter ocean tiles). Now I'm stuck with only 2 Pentekonters and can only build Galleys now. (of course I could use IGE to replace any galley I build with pentekonter, but it will lose the promotions that came from wonders)

(sidenote: Barbarian Galleys entering ocean tiles are annoying as HELL, especially when done a few dozen turns before your own ships can do that)

(sidenote2: for some reason, Stone no longer has art, nor is any quarry visible after being built. It just looks like goddamn tundra)

Edit:
tried fixing it by changing UNITCLASS_CARAVEL to UNITCLASS_IRONCLAD in Ithaca.xml (as Pentekonter is marked as unitclass ironclad in units.xml)
and since that didn't work quite completely, changed <ObsoleteTech> to TECH_CARTOGRAPHY since Pentekonter had the same prereq and obsolete techs, that's probably why I couldn't see it in a build menu after previous change. It should work now, but I won't know until I launch the game again.

I have the same problem as MGBT, the game keeps crashing after clicking next turn (first time, before turn 2).

I must have Steam running, to play the game, but it is in offline mode. Is that something I did not follow through?

It is said to unsubscribe from Steam, but I am not sure what it means. I tried signing out, but then could not open the game. Then switched to offline mode and restarted Steam.

Anyone has a clue?

I am desperate to play asap, it looks great. :)

First let me thank you Great mod.

I am though having issue gaining with my third social policy as it is taking 10 million turns to the next policy.

Thanks in advance

Hi! I've also heard of this mod for the first time in Marbozir's video, it seemed really cool and immediately after the first one, I've downloaded it and played it.
I've played with the Guptas, and so far there's two problems I'm having with the mod:
First, a really minor issue, whenever I get the Gupta unique ability that gives me a one-time boost of science, There's two error pop-up windows telling me I don't have the art file for it or something, and the icon for the event, in the right side of the screen, is completely red. It doesn't really affect the gameplay tho, so it's not that problematic.
Second, still a minor issue, but more problematic than the first, it's that the buttons on the top-right side of the screen, where the diplomacy, culture, economics, etc. are supposed to be, just aren't there! The only button is the diplomacy button, but it's unclick-able. I can get to most screens easily tho, with the F keys or whatever, but the only one I can't get into is the one added with the mod, about some special decision I can make. The game notifies me every few turns about it, and I have no idea how to access it. Nevertheless I can keep playing without too much problems :)

DIPLOMACY MENU "ISSUE"

Woops, didn't notice the comments on this page. I'll try that, hopefully it'll fix the second problem.

Oh god, what the heck is this "Mercenary Contracts Overview" screen? It doesn't work, the close button doesn't work, I can't get it away at all, and it keeps popping up as soon as I load ANY save. FFS.

First, a really minor issue, whenever I get the Gupta unique ability that gives me a one-time boost of science, There's two error pop-up windows telling me I don't have the art file for it or something, and the icon for the event, in the right side of the screen, is completely red. It doesn't really affect the gameplay tho, so it's not that problematic.

Next time you get the error, could you post the name of the file it says is missing?

Oh god, what the heck is this "Mercenary Contracts Overview" screen? It doesn't work, the close button doesn't work, I can't get it away at all, and it keeps popping up as soon as I load ANY save. FFS.

Please enable logging if you haven't already, and then upload your Lua.log file.

whenever I get the Gupta unique ability that gives me a one-time boost of science, There's two error pop-up windows telling me I don't have the art file for it or something, and the icon for the event, in the right side of the screen, is completely red. It doesn't really affect the gameplay tho, so it's not that problematic.

You are missing one of the DLC most likely that contains the modded art file. I see Klisz has mentioned this, post the error text and someone should be able to identify the missing DLC. BTW, the Complete version is like 90% off on steam right now, you can grab most of the missing DLC's piecemeal for 1$ or 2$

If anyone still needs the v.26RAR file, send me a pm. I have it hosted on a personal dropbox. You'll just need to unpack it with 7zip or similar and follow the instructions on the OP

Yes, things like fish and copper and tin show up on cue. I don't believe I am having the same issue as you. Not for everything like you are, anyway. But this mod is so extensive and I'm quite bewildered so far, so things might be missing. It's hard to keep track of 'shackles', delegates and other whatnot.

I would very much encourage a fresh install of civ v, including deleting your whole c/mygames/civ v folder before reinstalling. I don't think I can be more useful than that.

Thanks for the feedback.

Ive solved my problem, I had a couple of mods still active that I hadn't noticed. As soon as I deselected them it was fine.

As has been pointed out by someone else, discovered resources from The Gauls unique ability will only show on the map once the tech for that resource has been researched.

As far as the "gold only" bug that someone else reported when I was the Gauls I discovered resources after mining twice, once it was gold and once Tin so hopefully that's not a bug.

Love the mod but must concur that having the resources not show on the map until certain techs have been researched is not something I like. Especially when some of the techs are several eras away from the start. It does make placing Cities in optimal positions a complete lottery.

One question, where is the "hidden resources" (I think its called) tech in the tech tree? I cant seem to find it, the pedia section lists it as a tech but unless im stupid (very possible) I cant find it!

Cheers all.

Top Bottom