Another MP game??

Peace and solidarity among the nations of the south!

What a Brazen Lie. koshling and Magnus you made a pact with the devil and you will pay dearly.

By the way anyone care to ask T-brd what the size of that Monster SoD was. 200+ units at the very least. Did he disband it as part of your "deals". Bet he didn't.

@Rf,
Please make sure your build ques are set Before you leave your turn. Do not go back to the way you were playing before the "break". Is it that hard for you? Seriously? Pick your play up and do some thinking and planning. Smh!!! :(

JosEPh

Sorry Joe, but just because you made an irrational over-reaction, does not require the rest of us to do so as well. I have made what I think is the best choice available to me at the moment. I might be wrong, but I doubt it. We will see.

@RF: Take your turn already. It has been your turn for 31 hours. If you have still not taken your turn within 29 hours, I WILL take it for you. Or perhaps JosEPh will. He might even be helpful.

I have made what I think is the best choice available to me at the moment. I might be wrong, but I doubt it. We will see.
That's absolutely right. We've all done what will benefit ourselves the most, which is all we can do. Joe, you successfully brought an end to war, just not the way you wanted. Sorry man... them's the breaks. Abandoning the army would be really stupid but I may WANT to demilitarize some for economic reasons now. I have some faith in the honorable nature of those I've negotiated with here and they have every reason to believe they should be able to trust me in return and I do intend to honor all arrangements, even to the nature of those agreements and not just the direct words employed in these somewhat loose contracts. AKA, I see both of them as allies. Rivals, sure, but allies as well. And we all three now have a path to not being doomed to fall behind (I think). Thus a balance of power, very closely represented by that Chimera pic, has emerged and that balance is all I was attempting to achieve.

Sadly, geographic placement at the beginning of the game put you in the way of everyone. It wasn't terribly fair to you that way but if any of us needed to rebalance ourselves against the other rivals, it really could have only come out of your hide to do it. So unless you had acted early to take one of us out, this was pretty much what the game placement had destined from the beginning.

By the way anyone care to ask T-brd what the size of that Monster SoD was.
I'm not sure... probably just over that.

And yeah, I'm really getting into the idea of agreeing to have Joseph permanently take over in the north. Give him a direct opportunity for revenge. RF... our stated goal at the beginning of this game was to play it quickly. Live up to that or please just bow out if Joe will take the nation over.

Sorry Joe, but just because you made an irrational over-reaction, does not require the rest of us to do so as well.

Think what you will, you were not fighting the battles. What I did was not irrational over-reaction. That I resent because you were not involved in the fight. You are a recipient of my decision, but not my judge, no more no less. From the 1st day T-brd attacked Each turn took 1 to 2 hours to take. Much thought and testing was done thru each turn. None of which you know about. So please do not judge me or call me irrational it's out of place and poorly thought thru on your part. And you have no idea of the conversations taking place between me and other South continent players Until I brought you into one of them.

JosEPh

And you have no idea of the conversations taking place between me and other South continent players Until I brought you into one of them.
All of which adds up to Magnus having made a very wise decision I'd say.

Two things Joe.

First, you essentially committed suicide. Suicide is NEVER a rational decision, regardless of any circumstances. There is always another choice. It may not be a wonderful choice, but it is there. Thus irrational.

Second, if you had just waited a couple of turns, you would have begun receiving a lot of reinforcements from the units I was cranking out to help you. Lots of units were headed your way and more every turn. But you just couldn't wait. Also, at that specific turn, Thunderbrd's SoDs had moved back to his border and were not currently threatening your cities. I know this as I had a missionary up there keeping an eye on things. Thus if you had just waited a couple of turns, you would have been in a much, much better position to adequately defend your cities, and might have even been able to push back and eventually retake your lost cities. Possibly even more. But you just couldn't wait. Thus irrational and over-reaction.

If you don't agree with the above, or feel that I "don't have enough information", that is your right. But it is my right to have the above opinion, and you cannot deny me that. Yes, I benefited from your actions, but not as much as you think.

Turn done, Thunderbrd is up.

Turn Taken. Hydro is up!

RE the name of my latest city...
koshling and Magnus you made a pact with the devil
Had a lot to do with that. Couldn't resist.

Two things Joe.

First, you essentially committed suicide. Suicide is NEVER a rational decision, regardless of any circumstances. There is always another choice. It may not be a wonderful choice, but it is there. Thus irrational.

Second, if you had just waited a couple of turns, you would have begun receiving a lot of reinforcements from the units I was cranking out to help you. Lots of units were headed your way and more every turn. But you just couldn't wait. Also, at that specific turn, Thunderbrd's SoDs had moved back to his border and were not currently threatening your cities. I know this as I had a missionary up there keeping an eye on things. Thus if you had just waited a couple of turns, you would have been in a much, much better position to adequately defend your cities, and might have even been able to push back and eventually retake your lost cities. Possibly even more. But you just couldn't wait. Thus irrational and over-reaction.

If you don't agree with the above, or feel that I "don't have enough information", that is your right. But it is my right to have the above opinion, and you cannot deny me that. Yes, I benefited from your actions, but not as much as you think.

Turn done, Thunderbrd is up.
Perhaps in this case it would've been better on your part to keep your opinion to your self.

I the ruler of Maya perished. My ppl did not. And you opinion shows how little you value the gifts given to you. Making you an ingrate. And that is my opinion which is my "right" as well.

As for "lots" of re-inforcements, really?! What 20 units? 30? Even 50?!!! :lol: Yeah lots. The reality is that both you and koshling could not fight a war, especially against T-brd's SoDs. How long should I have let T-brd eat me up? Till I was Totally conquered? That is a slow and painful death. There was no need for me to endure that kind of punishment for losing. Neither of you were under that pressure. So your opinion is garbage and that is also my opinion. :)

JosEPh

Did you forget to upload?
Dang... apparently I must have thought I'd committed because I was also committing to the mod core about the same time.

On that note too... at some point here I should probably update our fileset with these recent fixes to flanking and (even more importantly) collateral. Collateral damage calculations, in particular, was off by a factor of an extra division by 100. Although in my war against Joseph, it made it harder on me to take his cities, it would have been a critical factor in any wise counter attack plan against such an attack stack. So it didn't make much difference this time but in the future it most definitely would. Not a big correction but I'm sure y'all would like to have it corrected, right? (I'll also set max bombard defense to 90% in the process since that's something else that came up.)

Once again... Hydro's turn. Sorry for the delay.

I would like to see those changes get in ASAP. Especially the colateral damage one, but I am ok with all.

Sigh. Rightfuture, you promised that you would be watching the forum and taking your turn quickly. You have not been doing this. It has been your turn now for ~30 hours. This is not acceptable. If you do not take your turn within the next nine hours, it will be taken for you. Each time you do not take your turn within 24 hours, the amount of bonus time you are given will shrink. Unless anyone (other than rightfuture) objects.

I'm working on it now. just got home. I currently have been sick since Saturday and can barely talk.
I am sorry that I did not followup - I was barely able to take care of anything. I will stay on it and let you know if I will miss a turn for any reason.

Turn Done, Magnus up!

Last edited:
Top Bottom